Groomsman 2

Groomsman

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I could see the idiot standing outside my apartment for the last 5 minutes just wringing his hands and staring at his watch. He was early. It was polite and maybe even a little bit flattering but I wasn’t going to tell him that. I just straighten my jacket and fix my bangs before pulling the door open making the dark haired boy’s eyes go wide and he freezes mid step.

 

“Hi Baekhyun.” He greets shyly and I tap my foot expectantly.

 

“How long have you been out here?” I grumble and his cheeks turn pink making me smile.

 

“Not that long!” He promises. “Maybe 30 minutes.” He mumbles and I my head in surprise.

 

“Why didn’t you just knock? I wouldn’t have made you wait outside.” I kick at dirt and Chanyeol chuckles nervously.

 

“I guess I didn’t want to seem that eager.” His eyes flick to mine and I smile politely.

 

“But aren’t you?” I wonder quietly and he laughs again shoving his hands into his dark jeans.

 

“I obviously am.” He smiles at me through his bangs and my expression softens.

 

“You just got bonus points Romeo.” I announce casually to not sound too happy about his behavior.

 

“Enough points to hold your hand?” He hopes and I almost scoff but then his hands are wringing together again. “It’s cold out here, you know.” He averts his eyes. “My hands could use some warming up.” He mumbles and I giggle softly.

 

“Is that a line?” I wonder and Chanyeol shrugs putting out his hand for me to take.

 

“Not if it works?” He smiles politely and I sigh taking his hand only to jerk back at how cold his fingers really are. He grins shyly when he notices and I furrow my brows. “I really was cold.” He stumbles over his words, scratching his neck with his free hand and I sigh lacing our fingers and even bother to wrap them both in my free hand to warm his faster. He offers me an adoring smile and nods toward his car and I nearly roll my eyes at him.

 

“Why didn’t you wait in the car?” I hiss in frustration and he shrugs.

 

“I didn’t come early because I wanted to sit in front of your house.” He  mumbles. “I wanted to show up early with flowers and wait in the living room like a gentleman while you finish your makeup.” He keeps his eyes low. “But I couldn’t work up the nerve to bother you too early and I kept telling myself to wait.” He bites his lip opening the passenger door for me and on the seat a bouquet of white lilies taking my place. I turn to him in question and he rubs his neck again, reaching for the flowers. “I probably should have gotten the roses but these made me think of you.” It’s way too cheesy but my cheeks still heat up when he holds them out to me.

 

“So you sat out here and froze because you couldn’t convince yourself to interrupt me getting ready?” I laugh softly and Chanyeol just hums getting into his seat and reaching to tangle our fingers again.

 

“You look incredible by the way.” He breathes, staring at me a little too long before turning to start the engine. I smile silently at his behavior, what a dork.

 

“You look cute Chanyeol.” I compliment and his eyes shine when they meet mine.

 

“Really? I wasn’t sure what shirt you’d like. Light blue isn’t too gay is it?” He worries and I tighten my grip on his fingers laughing too loudly. “Is that a yes?” He looks concerned but I just laugh louder and shake my head.

 

“You look handsome.” I promise and he heaves a loud breath making me smile at his childish behavior. His fingers tighten back around mine and I move to pull away with a quiet. “The heater is on, you’ll warm up fast.” His brow furrows and he doesn’t let go.

 

“You’re warmer.” He grumbles and I lower my eyes.

 

“You act like a love sick teenager.” I hum disinterestedly and he blinks at me curiously.

 

“You say it like it’s a bad thing.” My cheeks go red the moment his words leave his lips and I’m glad the car is at least a little bit dark.

 

“Not bad.” I admit but he doesn’t turn away. “I just don’t usually get this much attention.” I finish and his eyes narrow as if he doesn’t believe me but he settles for mumbling a quiet.

 

“Good.” I chuckle quietly at the jealousy behind his words and watch his eyes watch the road. He’s careful not to meet my stare and it makes me smile at how serious he looks.

 

“You know I don’t entirely regret letting you take me on this date yet.” He turns slightly but stops himself and grips the steering wheel more tightly.

 

“You’ll have fun.” He promises and I nod to myself.

 

“No sugar daddy?” I wonder teasingly and he coughs awkwardly.

 

“Not unless you think that’s necessary.” He whispers and I nearly lose my temper again but the disappointed look in his eyes reels me back in.

 

“You need more confidence.” I huff and Chanyeol looks at me this time. “You’re good looking Chanyeol, you don’t need to offer people money, you know, for that.” I lecture and he purses his lips.

 

“It’s not my face that’s the problem.” He admits and I hum thoughtfully.

 

“Are you into some freaky kink?” I wonder and he chokes on air at my question.

 

“Not exactly.” He laughs awkwardly. “I meant that people usually find me annoying.” His grip on the steering wheel tightens again while he side eyes me.

 

“Because you want to be their sugar daddy?” I quirk my eyebrow and he laughs dryly.

 

“I swear I don’t usually do that. I just knew you’d never-“

 

“I’m here aren’t I?” I cut him off.

 

“Yeah.” He smiles. “You are.”

 

~~

Chanyeol rearranged the banchan silently while I stare on curious. He finishes and awkwardly wipes his hands on his jeans under the table.

 

“You hate cucumbers, right?” He finally explains and I nod with a shy smile.

 

“How much do you know about me?” I hum and Chanyeol stiffens.

 

“You probably don’t want to know.” He admits bashfully. “I ask your friends usually, I don’t stalk you or anything.” He corrects himself too loudly and I laugh quietly.

 

“You’re cute.” I admire and his cheeks turn pink again. “I’m really flattered.” He shrugs nonchalantly but it still makes me smile.

 

“So, Baekhyun you work at a café right?” Chanyeol mumbles sipping on his water nervously.

 

“I do, I’m a barista for my friend Xiumin.” I admit with a nod. “And you work with Kris right? His partner?” I go on with the ritualistic conversation and my date nods.

 

“Yeah our dad’s were close so I ride on Yifan’s coat tails.” He chuckles and I hum curiously. “But you don’t want to talk about work.” He mumbles and I sigh.

 

“Am I that obvious?” I giggle and Chanyeol answers with his own laugh.

 

“That’s something I like about you.” He smiles to himself.

 

“Well how about you tell me about yourself. I want something to like.” I lean in with a wink, “Besides your pretty face.” His face burns bright red and I smile coyly.

 

“I-I like music.” He wavers and I nod in encouragement. “I like to rap and um, instruments. I’m good at them.” He watches for my reaction.

 

“I like music.” I smile and his sighs.

 

“I know. I heard you singing in the bathroom once.” He admits and I freeze. “Oh god, that was weird wasn’t it.” He worries and I chuckle nervously.

 

“You’re a bit strange but I’m trying really hard to be flattered.” Lowers his eyes.

 

“I’m not crazy, I’m just really, really in love.” He pleas, shoving the cooking meat around the grill.

 

“I don’t think you’re crazy Chanyeol. I just think love is a strong word.” I mumble and gently.

 

“My mom always told me not to hide love.” He whispers and I almost coo at the answer.

 

“You know, it’s really nice to hear confessions like this. You’re making me nervous.” I reply bashfully. “I think you’re giving me butterflies.” I smile and his eyes brighten again, relieving me.

 

“It’s done, try some.” Chanyeol offers, taking the beef from the grill and dipping it into salt before holding it to my lips. I stare for a moment and refuse to break eye contact with the boy when he places the meat on my tongue.

 

“Delicious.” I mumble around my bite and pick up a second piece to hold it out for him to take a bite.

 

“I like cooking too.” I speaks around rice and kimchi.

 

“It’s fun for me, I practice a lot.” I look up at him with a grin.

 

“I really love food. You should cook for me on our next date.” I mention excitedly and Chanyeol drops his chopsticks, picking them up sloppily seconds later.

 

“Next date?” He crokes but a grin breaks on to his face and I chuckle.

 

“See, I told you I’m having fun. You already have me anticipating next time.” I tease and his digs back into the food with a smile.

 

~~

 

“Want to go noribang?” He offers and I look up at him with a smile and nod happily before wrapping his hand in mine.

 

“Lead the way.” I offer and not 5 minutes later we wander into a noribang bar and are set in a room.

 

“You start.” He mumbles passing the remote and I hum before picking SNSD’s The Boys. Chanyeol laughs too loudly when I start with my English.

 

“Hey.” I speak into the mic and point an accusing finger at the laughing boy and he holds up his hands in defense letting me continue with muffled giggles.

 

“Aren’t you going to dance.” He mutters into the other mic and I place a dramatic hand on my hip making him laugh again. He seemed to be more relaxed which was a relief, especially when my song was over and his song starts. He surprised me with his deep voiced rap and charismatic gestures as if he was on a stage rather that a sound proofed room. We finished an hour later stepping out of the room with a smile spread across Chanyeol’s face and his arm around my waist.

 

“I had a good time Chanyeol.” I smile up at him when he walks me to the door.

 

“Is that second date still up for discussion then?” He rubs his neck, nervous once again. I reach for the fidgeting hand and take it between mine to play with the long fingers.

 

“I was more insisting, Romeo.” His smile spreads and his fingers tangle into mine.

 

“Then next Saturday?” He offers and I nod in agreement.


“Or whenever you’re free, come by the café. I’ll get you a free muffin or something.” I laugh humorlessly and he smiles.

 

“I’ll make sure to drop by.” His eyes are locked on mine and the air is thick with tension. His eyes are pretty I notice and I like looking at them. His twitchy eye is even kind of charming when it’s looking at me. “I should go.” He takes a smile step back but the feeling is still there and I shift on my feet. When his fingers loosen around mine and trace up my arm to wrap around my shoulders and pull me in for a nervous, super awkward friend hug. “Is this okay?” He speaks into the top of my head and I remain stiff, my fingers refusing to grip his baby blue button down and make the hug even little more romantic.

 

He pulls away hesitantly and smiles politely at me.

 

“Thanks for today.” I stare at my fingers.

 

“Goodnight beautiful.” I stop him when he takes a  stride away from him.

 

“I know I said not to ask to kiss me-“ I stop watching his cheeks grow red. “But if you want to, I think you earned it.” I grumble in defeat and Chanyeol beams a bright obnoxious smile in answer rushing back against me and lifting me off my feet with a strong kiss. He pauses with his lips crushed against mine and softens the kiss. I groan at the simple kiss but he just hums against my waiting mouth and tilts his head to enjoy another angle. I wrap my arms around his neck and let him hold me against him before tracing his bottom lip with my tongue but this makes him pull away. “I-“ He breathes too heavily for the simple kiss but it makes me smile.

 

“I think we should keep it PG tonight.” He offers and it makes me pout. “Don’t look at me like that.” He begs and I let my lip quiver. He kisses me again and I stare up at him. “I’ll see you at the café.” He smiles practically skipping away.

 

~~

 

“So, how long have you two been dating exactly?” Kyungsoo scoffs staring too hard at Chanyeol’s arm wrapped around my shoulder.

 

“Almost three months.” Chanyeol answers, letting his chin rest on my shoulder.

 

“And you decided not to tell me because?”

 

“You had Kai to keep you busy.” I shrug off his dark tone and wiggle into Chanyeol’s lap as if to make an overly affectionate statement.

 

“You .” Kyungsoo curses and I just grunt in answer.

 

He had his new boyfriend Kai and we hadn’t seen much of each other anyway but in a way I was grateful, it left me lots of time to learn more about Chanyeol and him about me. I knew that he liked to crack bad jokes and he is always smiling. He’s easy to read and honest and he is cheesy and loving and he’s totally head over heels for me. He says he finds more things to love about me every day but I think he must find more things to hate as well. I’m sometimes cruel and rude and I can’t hold my tongue. I am obnoxious and y but for some reason he gets off to that. I found things that I didn’t like about him too like how he likes to make me jealous and he will never fight with my properly but Kyungsoo must have been right, he was obviously more my type than I had first thought because I was falling in love.

 

“Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo grunt and I twirl Chanyeol’s hair around my finger lazily.

 

“Hm?” I mumble and he scoffs when I won’t look at him to instead stare at my boyfriend’s neck.

 

“I told you so.”

 

SORRY THE END IS RUSHED! I wanted to post tonight and well here ya go. I did finish tho. EHhhhhh anyways~ I guess that is that. I hope it was more fulfilling and stuff. Thanks for reading guyzzzz, I lub you. Please comment, subscribe, and upvote. Bye :]