Groomsman

Groomsman

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Hottie to your right Baekhyun, totally checking you out.” Kyungsoo whispers too loudly into my shoulder making the dark boy turn his head a little more clearly in our direction making Kyungsoo turn away with a nonchalant whistle that is completely out of place during the starting ceremony.

 

“Would you stop that, Soo?” I scoff while the blond keeps his eyes on the silent Kyungsoo with a quirked eyebrow.

 

“I’m just trying to help a friend.” He mutters sourly unwilling to lift his eyes to the blond who seems to be waiting for the short guy’s attention. I smile to myself at the curious look he gives, still silently staring past me and I force myself not to laugh and instead refocus on the wedding.

 

“Ahem.” I hear to from beside my friend and to my surprise it isn’t the staring blond but instead the best man shooting me a look, as if begging me to shut the hell up and I purse my lips in disinterest but the dark haired boy’s eyes remain on me for a while longer, making me shift out of my straight posture but I correct myself a moment later.

 

Kris had put way to much effort into this wedding, promising a perfect celebration for Tao once the young boy had finally agreed to marry him. He wasn’t that young in my opinion but it apparently took a lot of convincing of both him and his family, my assumption was that they were just very conservative and not that they necessarily disapproved of their son’s filthy rich and powerful boyfriend. Regardless, the family smiled from the beautiful pews while the beautiful ceremony finished and we emptied out into the beautiful reception.

 

“He’s staring at you, Baekhyun.” He is speaking more loudly this time. As if the time during the ceremony had been to private for his taste.

 

“Him too, Kyungsoo?” I sigh sarcastically unsure if he meant the dark skinned blond that had obviously been checking him out, or the strange best man.

 

“He’s your type.” He mumbles teasingly and I give lifting my eyes only to meet the groomsman’s eyes and groaning loudly to show my disappointment.

 

“Yah! He’s tall and looks damn good in a suit, he’s probably rich and he wants your you stuck up .” He retorts unashamedly.

 

“He’s eyed and I’m pretty sure his legs are disproportionate.” I sneer making Kyungsoo throw his hands up.

 

“Well he’s coming over.” He snickers in the next second probably more amused than he should be.”

 

“Excuse me gentleman-“

 

“You can skip the pleasantries Romeo, I’m not interested.” I turn my head sharply ready to retreat but Kyungsoo stops me.

 

“Baekhyun, shut up for a second and let him introduce himself.” He hisses and I roll my eyes. Sure he looks like my type…mostly. He was tall which was nice and his face was overall handsome but when you really look at him his ears are huge, his smile is too wide his eyes aren’t even and his forehead is a tad greasy and he better not think that I missed that blemish standing out on his cheek. Who the hell let him walk into this wedding without covering that thing.

 

“I’m sorry Kyungsoo but would you actually give me a moment alone with Baekhyun?” He is overly polite and I huff at the tone in his deep voice. Kyungsoo excuses himself though and I cross my arms over my chest looking the giant up and down, fairly unimpressed. “I’m Chanyeol.” He grins to widely again and I let my face scrunch in disgust. “I’m sorry but did I do something wrong?” He his head, apparently amused by my reaction.

 

“Not yet, but I can tell you’re about to.” I smile to myself.

 

“You’re beautiful.” Is his answer. I smirk silently, almost haughty but he isn’t off put.

 

“Go on.” I offer and his face softens.

 

“Can I ask you something personal Baekhyun?” He leans in and I let  myself nod. “Have you ever had a sugar daddy?” His expression is steady and my initial thought that he must be joking is shot down.

 

“You’re an idiot.” I hiss and he reaches to take my forearm in his hand.

 

“Just hear me out.” His deep voice is stressed.

 

“Does that usually work?” I scoff loudly. “Are there actually people who don’t give a that you don’t want to bother with a proper date or relationship and accept some ridiculous offer to be reimbursed for ?” I growl my answer and his face falls making him look like a lectured child.

 

“I could take you out.” He whispers.

 

“I’m always right about guys like you, you know. Too easy to read.” His grip on my arm is still strong and I stare at his hand expectantly.

 

“I’m not like this, I just, I mean look around. This party is full of ing shallow people who would get on their knees for a buck. I didn’t mean to assume but the way you looked at me and shot me down so quickly it was probably my only shot at actually getting you in bed.” I’m shocked into silence by his idiocy and tug at my arm in his hand.

 

“You’re saying I’m just supposed to be some sort of possession?” I let my anger show but Chanyeol refuses to be fazed.

 

“I’m saying I want to your brains out and I want to know what it’s going to take.” My hand strikes the side of his face loudly and I shake off his touch, grossed out by the man’s presents and this time he lets me go.

 

I wandered around only maybe a few seconds before the groom approaches with a happy grin and I take a deep break, calming myself before he is in front of me.

 

“Baekhyun, were you aware Kyungsoo was hooking up with my intern in the bathroom not 5 minutes ago?” He chuckles and I let myself laugh.

 

“It doesn’t surprise me if your intern is a dark boy with blond hair, they’d noticed each other during your ceremony and I personally think you’re lucky they waited that long.” I admit nudging him playfully and he shakes his head in amusement.

 

“I noticed you met my partner.” He mumbles next, almost shyly and my eyes meet his.

 

“Partner?” I whisper and guilt crosses his face.

 

“Chanyeol, he wanted to talk to you but…I can guess you didn’t hit it off.” He rubs his neck and my face flames at his words.

 

“He’s a bit forward.” I growl rudely and Kris laughs again.

 

“He’s just dumb. I swear I wouldn’t have let him bother you if I thought he would hurt you.” He smiles politely but I just grunt in answer. “He’s liked you for a long time Baekhyun.” I look up at him once again curious and he is looking at his feet. “When you would bring Tao for lunch or meet us after work…he wouldn’t shut up about you. Your eyes, your face, your body.” I stiffen at the last bit, bothered maybe more than I normally would be.

 

“I get it.” I breathe.

 

“It might seem like he’s a giant when you first meet him but he’s the most honest, happy, friendly guy I’ve ever met and well, I thought he’d be good for you. He seemed really genuine.” He goes on.

 

“He wanted to be my sugar daddy.” I hiss and Kris immediately starts laughing making me flush.

 

“The jackass needs more confidence.” He mumbles playfully. “He would always say the only way you’d ever like him was for his money, I never thought he meant it.” He shakes his head. “He’s just a guy with crush Baekhyun, please give him a chance. I don’t think I’ll hear the end of it if he really blows it with you tonight, just like that.” He sounds sympathetic and I shift my eyes left and right uncomfortably and see Chanyeol standing not far from me and Kris fidgeting with his fingers while he watches us but when his eyes meet mine he lowers his face and refuses to look up again so with a loud sigh and swallowing my pride I strut toward him and force him to look at me with his chin between my fingers.

 

“You get one date, and don’t you dare expect a kiss good night.”

 

So that’s it lol I just kinda let my fingers type what they wanted. It’s late so I’m not gonna edit first so sorry for errors and like if it doesn’t flow right lol still hope you liked it. Thank you for subbing or if you comment or upvote that would be nice. :) Thankya love bugs, see you soon!