The Date, Part 2

Hollow Heart

Mayumi, Jiyeon, and Aiko did as promised and did not reveal Yankumi's family background. However, this is what they revealed to the other girls.

"You know, Hikaru-ani really is all smiles everytime he spoke of Yamaguchi-sensei," Mayumi said. "He was always, like, Yankumi this and Yankumi that."

"Yankumi sounds cute," one girl said.

"We followed school rules up to now," Aiko told the girls. "We might as well call her Yankumi outside the school premises."

The girls all agreed. Then, they began to gather closely and held a secret meeting.

******

"Where are we going?" Yankumi asked Aiko that afternoon after lunch.

Aiko only winked and grabbed her out of the house. She and Mayumi accompanied their teacher to shop for clothes.

"Yankumi, this is for a special occasion that you will be attending tonight," Aiko said.

Yankumi felt touched, finally happy that her students called her Yankumi.

"Jiyeon will be having a concert tonight at my house, and she will be having you as a special guest," Aiko explained.

"Wow, I can finally see my own student sing," Yankumi beamed happily.

****

The other girls, meanwhile, gathered at Aiko's manor and prepared the house for something grand.

******

After the shopping, Yankumi was ushered to the manor, where Jiyeon did her makeup.

"Oh, I will be watching your concert tonight," Yankumi told Jiyeon.

"Yokatta (I'm relieved)," Jiyeon sighed happily.

"But why are you girls dolling me up? I thought it is your concert," Yankumi asked.

"Because you are my special guest, and I want you to be special," Jiyeon lied.

 

Aiko and Mayumi went to the TV station to distract Tsucchi until the special occasion.

"What is this about?" he asked.

"Jiyeon will have a concert at home, and she wants you to cover it live," Aiko said. "This is for our high school souvenir."

"Well, if it is Jiyeon, then I would definitely be there!" Tsucchi said.

Mayumi and Aiko slyly winked at each other and continued distracting Tsucchi.

********

That night, Tsucchi, Mayumi, and Aiko went to the manor. The house was dark, and when they went inside, they ushered him to a secret room where Jiyeon styled him. Tsucchi was a bit annoyed, but he had to give in because of Jiyeon.

"Why are you dressing me up?" Tsucchi asked Jiyeon. "I thought you will be having a concert."

"I will dress up later, but I want my cameraman to look dazzling," Jiyeon said as if trying to flirt with him.

And Tsucchi could only give in.

******

When Tsucchi went down, another girl in white dress ushered him to the dining room. The dining room was lit a bit, and it was quite dim. He sat down on the first chair, cursing himself for leaving the camera upstairs in the room. Minutes later, Yankumi came in with her usherette, and some girls began playing some sweet music.

"What is this?" Tsucchi asked Yankumi in confusion. He suddenly realized that the girls set them up for a date, not for a filming of Jiyeon's concert.

"I don't know," Yankumi said. "They literally kidnapped me this afternoon."

And so, Yankumi sat across Tsucchi. The assistant cameraman was breathless when he saw how his girlfriend looked. She was wearing her hair down, and she was wearing a white dress and white stilettos. Her makeup was light, but her eyes had that makeup which is very in season.

"You're beautiful," Tsuchiya said to her.

She only smiled. Since she was dolled up, she smiled demurely.

Later, the other girls came from the kitchen and brought in their course for the night. One girl was acting as head waitress, and the others as assistants.

"Wow, your class is amazing," Tsuchiya said.

"Ahaha, I am a bit surprised," Yankumi said. "I have not even told my grandpa that I won't be eating dinner at home."

"That has been arranged, Ma'am," Kawada, the student acting as head waitress, said formally. "Aiko had contacted your grandpa and asked permission for you."

"That is settled, then," Tsuchiya said. "I'm surprised, I did not even plan another date for my girlfriend."

Yankumi held her champagne glass and held a toast. "Then, let's enjoy it."

The two lovers chatted and ate their fill while the students came course after course. The others continued playing the musical instruments. Aiko is really really rich. Who would have thought that their dining room could be a fancy restaurant?

"May I have your attention please?" Jiyeon said on stage. She was wearing a black mini dress, black boots, and had her hair styled the Korean way. Even her makeup was according to Korean style, and she was playing her part as the entertainer Park Jiyeon.

"This I got to see," Tsucchi told Yankumi, who nodded in delight. They are finally going to witness firsthand, the show of a T-ara member.

Jiyeon practiced hard some Japanese songs with the help of their classmates, and she sang the songs very well. The two lovers were totally amazed at her singing prowess.

Later on, Jiyeon sang a bossa nova song, and Tsucchi stood up and went to his lady love.

"Would you care for a dance?" he told Yankumi.

She nodded her head and held his outstretched. They went to the center of the dining room, which was lit up a bit by the other girls.

And, to the sound of good music, and with Jiyeon's soulful rendition, Tsuchiya and Yankumi danced. This was the best date, even if he did not plan it. It was better if he planned it, but something unpredictable is a wonderful surprise too.

"I love you, Yankumi," Tsucchi professed.

"I love you too, Tsuc---Hikaru," Yankumi said, correcting her slip of the tongue.

He smiled at her, and she at him. They continued to dance the night away and enjoyed each other's company, while the students continued playing the part of making the date like a fairy tale come true.

 

 

****END****