Bewildered Ladies

Hollow Heart

"MWOOO?????" Jiyeon asked in shock. She forgot again that she was talking to Japanese people.

Somehow, Mayumi understood what the Korean had said and nodded her head.

"We have no more chance on Hikaru-kun," Aiko sobbed like a fangirl.

"Watashi mo (Me too)," Jiyeon sadly said.

It had been the rumor in the classroom that Yankumi and Tsucchi had been dating that Saturday night.

"Hikaru-ani is soooooooooo bad," Mayumi complained. "He will not let me borrow his cellphone anymore."

"Maybe they are already sweethearts," a girl said.

"Maybe they are sending sweet text messages which he does not want you to read," another classmate said.

"Sou, sou (that's right)," Mayumi said. "Why haven't I realized that?"

The other girls also joined in the gossip and complained and commented and argued and everything galore. Just then, Yankumi came in to start the class. The girls all kept out their beauty products and sat up attentively. Just then, Aiko shot up her hand.

"Nan desu ka (What is it)?" Yankumi asked.

In her seat, Aiko spoke. "Is it true that you and Hikaru-kun are lovers already?"

"Eh?????" Yankumi asked. The question made her blush. Who spread the rumors?

"Hikaru-ani said he went out with you last Saturday, and he won't let me borrow his cellphone anymore," Mayumi proclaimed.

Yankumi looked at her imaginary camera.

"So, you spread the rumors eh?"

Then, looking back at her students, she replied. "It is true that I went out with him on a date, but we are not lovers."

The girls began to complain and argue. Some found it cute, some felt heartbroken. Their prince charming was totally "stolen" by their nerdy teacher.

"I don't know how I am going to feel if Hikaru-kun is going to be your boyfriend," Aiko said sadly.

"Aishh...omaera (you guys), do not think of it right now," Yankumi sweetly crooned. "You still have a long way to go, and love should not be on the top of your list."

The girls complained again. They are already teens and they want love.

"Aishh... love will come for you," Yankumi crooned again.

And, to the parody of "You're Beautiful", Aiko stood up and instructed the girls to congratulate the teacher with her for her love life. Jiyeon taught them a bit of Korean so they chanted. Aiko looked like A.N Jell leader Sa Yu Ri leading her girls.

"Chukhahae..chukhahae...chukhahae (Congratulations)...huhuhu," the girls greeted in tears.

Yankumi looked at her imaginary camera again.

"What are they chanting?" she asked. She did not understand any Korean words at all.

*******

And a week passed. It was official. Tsuchiya Hikaru and Yamaguchi Kumiko were the hottest couple in the city. ^_^