Secret Out

Hollow Heart

Mayumi insisted that Hikaru tell her where Yankumi lives, but the elder brother refused. If it will be known that Yankumi is a Yakuza heir, the girls will freak out and possibly spread all rumors.

"Why do you want to go to her house?" Tsucchi asked his sister.

"Because I want to have her tutor math to us," Mayumi slyly replied.

"Can't you do it at school?" Tsucchi asked.

"You are so bad," Mayumi pouted. "Just because you are Yamaguchi-sensei's boyfriend, it doesn't mean that you should be selfish."

Tsucchi was a bit nettled. "Aish, I believe you should do that in school instead. And I will be late."

So both of them went out of the house, he to go to work, and she to go to school.

******

After math class, Mayumi and Jiyeon  approached Yankumi.

"Yamaguchi-sensei, can you teach us again about tangents? Like, it is soooo difficult," Jiyeon asked cutely with a cute voice.

"Hai, we are not math wizards...Pretty please?" Mayumi pleaded cutely.

"Ha..hai, after class, let us meet here in the classroom. I will hold remedial classses," Yankumi said.

"How about in your house?" was Mayumi's brazen question.

"Eh????" Yankumi asked. "Why at my house?"

But Mayumi did not explain why. She knelt in front of the teacher and begged if she could just teach in her house. Yankumi hesitated, but she hesitantly agreed.

"Meet me here after class. We will go together," Yankumi told them.

And really, after class, Yankumi met Mayumi, Jiyeon, and Aiko inside the classroom.

*****

The four women entered the Yakuza abode. Mayumi and Aiko felt a bit scared entering the house, because it looks like a lair or something. Only Jiyeon was unaware of what the house is.

The henchmen were instructed by Yankumi not to go in the living room, as she will be having any visitors. Only the grandfather was seen walking around the premises, and the young ladies bowed and greeted the old patriarch. The old man greeted them amiably, but the two Japanese ladies seem a bit scared of him because of his aura, as well as the things found in the house. Mayumi saw the katana near the wall and swallowed hard. Why do these kind of houses shelter deadly weapons? As the three of them sat in front of Yankumi, Jiyeon piped up.

"Uh, what does the sign say?" she said to the teacher, pointing at the sign near the door.

The Oedo sign.... Yankumi swallowed hard.

"Gomen nasai. I don't know how to read Kanji, and I am not familiar with Hanja either," Jiyeon admitted densely.

Mayumi jabbed Jiyeon to shut up and smiled sheepishly at Yankumi. The teacher was able to pick up what Mayumi and Aiko were thinking: that they are in a Yakuza's house.

"Ah, eeto, it means, 'Welcome'," Yankumi lied.

"But 'Welcome' is irasshaimase, right?" Jiyeon argued. "And it is usually found in stores."

"Ah, hehe, that is the Kanji for 'Welcome', and we do sell takoyaki here," Yankumi lied again.

"Ah, sou desu ka? So, let me copy it," Jiyeon beamed happily.

"Ah, iie, iie (no), I will teach you later how to do it," Yankumi said.

"Wakatta (I understand)," Jiyeon beamed.

She looked at Mayumi and Aiko, and saw them feeling uneasy. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Both girls shook their heads and smiled at Yankumi. Yankumi was feeling uneasy, so she mustered some courage and taught math.

After the session, she invited the girls for dinner. Only Jiyeon was delightful, and pleaded her friends to stay for dinner. Yankumi saw that her other students were feeling uneasy, so she decided to reveal the secret, making them promise not to tell anyone.

******

The girls finally understood, but Mayumi and Aiko were still fearful.

"Oh, so that is why you will not let me copy the Kanji," Jiyeon said.

"No wonder Hikaru-ani won't allow me to come here," Mayumi said sadly.

"What were the reaction of your other students who had gone here?" Aiko asked.

And of course, the teacher told them that the students all felt the same way. However, the guys found refuge in the Yakuza abode, unlike in the streets where they were prone to get bullied and get into fights. They also cultivated a deep respect for her, not because she is a Yakuza, but because she was patient with them, tried to reach out, and literally fought for them and in their behalf.

"Ah, no wonder Hikaru-ani spoke fondly of you a few weeks before high school graduation," Mayumi said.

"I can begin to see what they mean, even if we never experienced you fighting for us literally," Aiko said.

"Also, I had yet to experience fighting for you or fighting on your behalf," Yankumi laughed. "You girls are very behaved. This is the first time I handled good students."

It made the three ladies happy.

"Since you had not experienced fighting for us, might as well try shopping with us!" Jiyeon said.

"Eh?" Yankumi asked.

"You already have my Aniki," Mayumi said slyly. "We will give you a makeover."

"But this is my trademark look," Yankumi argued.

"Yeah, you can be the nerdy teacher, but if you and Aniki are gonna be on dates, you need to doll up!" Mayumi said.

"Yeah, we will come here on Saturday, and we will go shopping!" Aiko suggested.

And during dinner time, the three ladies were able to meet the other Yakuzas, and they found them to be very good guys indeed.

**************

That night, Mayumi and Hikaru were talking about Yankumi's secret. Tsucchi shared his experience with Yankumi in high school, and Mayumi studied her brother. He was talking with all smiles in his face... Gosh, just look at what love can do.