Donghae Learns a New Word

The Adventures of Pineapple!Geng

*jst a quick note - mentions of inappropriate toys

Kyuhyun was just about to pwn another n00b when sudden, frantic banging on his door interrupted him. He roared in frustration as his concentration shattered and the Swedish guy on the other side of the internet captured his fortress. He stood up, knocking his chair to the ground in the process and stormed over to the door, throwing it open.

    “What is it now?” he bellowed. Donghae looked up at him, cupping a tiny red radish in his hands, tears streaming down his face and his face deathly pale.

“I accidentally e of Yesung’s turtles into a radish. Please help me. Yesung’s helping Wookie make pancakes, so he doesn’t know yet. But Kyuhyun, you have to change him back!”

“Donghae! You can’t keep turning everything into a vegetable!”

“I just wanted to play with him, he looked lonely in his tank!” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Fine,” he grumbled, then reached out and touched the radish, which instantly transformed back into

a turtle.

    “Oh, thank you, thank you!” Donghae said, moving to throw his arms around Kyuhyun in a grateful hug. Kyuhyun simply moved to the left and snickered as Donghae stumbled forward, nearly dropping the turtle.

    “You’re such a ,” Kyuhyun said before shoving Donghae out the door and locking it. Donghae tilted his head in confusion, then gazed down at the tiny turtle.

    “What does that mean?” he asked. “I wish my super power was being able to talk to animals, then you could explain things to me and we could have real conversations.” He patted the turtle on its shell and then went into the kitchen. Yesung and Ryeowook still seemed very busy as they begged and cajoled the whisk into cooperating with them so that they could beat some eggs. Donghae decided not to bother them.

    Fortunately, he found Heechul, Leeteuk, and Geng sitting in the living room, watching Frozen in Mandarin. Heechul had convinced Leeteuk that it was educational and that it made Geng feel more at home, He was determined to learn all of the Mandarin words to “Do you wanna Build a Snowman,” which meant he was constantly pausing and rewinding the song so that he could hear the words. Geng was halfway tempted to tell Heechul it was all an elaborate prank and he was actually Korean this whole time and didn’t actually know any Mandarin.

“Heechul, this is the last time,” Geng said. “You can practice the words by yourself later. Just let us get through this movie.” Heechul sniffed, then rewound the movie back to the start of the song.

“It’s ok, hyung! I know all the Mandarin words!” Donghae said. “I learned them on the plane ride to

China once! I’ll help you. But I have a question…” he shuffled his feet and Leeteuk smiled.

“What is it?” he asked.

“It’s about a word I don’t know.”

“A caterpillar is a baby butterfly, remember?” Leeteuk kindly replied.

“Oh, no, I remember what a caterpillar is. Siwon read me the book about the hungry caterpillar and

now I understand. But today I accidentally turned something into a vegetable and then Kyuhyun helped me, but then he called me a word I don’t know.” Leeteuk nodded patiently. “What’s a ?” Geng instantly choked and Leeteuk whirled around to look at him.

“Why do you know what that is?” the leader demanded.

“Oh, well, uh, oh no--” In a puff of yellow smoke, Geng turned into a pineapple while Heechul

cackled.

“Let me explain,” Heechul said gleefully.

“No!” Leeteuk shouted. “No, you are not explaining this. I’ll explain.” Leeteuk took a deep, steadying

breath. “Well, you see...it’s um...well, it’s--”

“You can’t even say it!” Heechul shrieked. “I’ll explain, because I’m not a prude. Here, sit down Donghae. Wait, I need a whiteboard and a pointer. I’ll be right back. Don’t begin the lecture without me, Park Junsu!” Delighted, Heechul sprung up from the couch and went to find a whiteboard and a pointer. Donghae watched him go, then looked down at the pineapple.

“Is it something bad?” he asked.

“No, no, it’s, well...um...are you absolutely sure you don’t just want me to explain butterflies? You

like talking about butterflies.” Leeteuk said.

“Maybe later, hyung,” Donghae said with a bright smile. He sat down on the couch, picking Geng up and setting him down on his lap and his leaves gently. Heechul returned, dragging a reluctant Kibum with him.

“This is my assistant, Kibum,” Heechul introduced in case Leeteuk forgot again.

“Hyung, do I have to?” Kibum asked.

“Heechul! I told you, you are not explaining this. Kibum, you explain!” Leeteuk scolded.

“I’m not talking about, you know, that in front of Donghae!” Kibum said. “You explain! You’re the

leader! Isn’t this your responsibility?”

“I’m the leader! You’re supposed to do what I tell you!” Leeteuk retorted.

“Why can’t I explain? I want to explain, because knowing you lot you’re leave out something important, like options and shape and size and--”

Heechul!” Leeteuk turned to look at Donghae. “We’ll explain when you’re older.”

“But Kyuhyun’s younger than me and he knows. That’s ok, I’ll just ask Kyuh--”

“No!” Leeteuk said. “Kyuhyun and Heechul are not allowed to explain!” Heechul sighed and crossed his arms, glaring at Leeteuk. “We’re just going to have to have a band meeting.” Heechul grinned.

An hour later, the entire group was gathered in the living room, devouring the brownies that Yesung and Ryeowook had made. Geng was still a pineapple, so Ryeowook carefully tucked one brownie into a napkin so that Geng could enjoy it later. Siwon patted his lap, indicating that Heechul could rest his head in Siwon’s lap, still holding the pineapple. Heechul placed his head on Siwon’s thigh as Siwon his hair.

“So, I’ve called this meeting because we need to explain something to Donghae and I thought it was best to do it as a group.”

“This is taking too much time,” Heechul grumbled. “Donghae, a di-” Siwon swiftly clapped a hand over Heechul’s mouth, while his other hand continued to Heechul’s hair. Heechul glared at Siwon who only smiled back down at him.

“It’s time to listen to leader,” he said patiently. Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Why don’t you just google image search it?” Kyuhyun asked. “And then clear your history like you’ve never cleared it before. Unless you’re Eunhyuk.” Finally, Sungmin got up and tapped Leeteuk on the shoulder. He held out his phone to Leeteuk, who nodded.

“Hae,” Sungmin said gently. “This is a .” He held his phone to Donghae, who studied the picture with a slight frown on his face.

“Do they come in different colors? My color is blue. Do they have a blue one? Or do they--” Leeteuk clapped his hands and leapt to his feet.

“All right then, meeting dismissed! Everyone go home, nothing to see here!” The other members filed out of the room, except for Sungmin, Eunhyuk, and Donghae, who all seemed fascinated by whatever website Sungmin had found.

“Wow, this one looks like a dolphin! It’s so cute!” Donghae exclaimed. Leeteuk groaned and buried his face in his hands. Sungmin patted him on the back.

“There, there,” he said. “Would you feel better if we got you one? They come in sapphire. Oh wait, you already have--”

Meeting dismissed!” Leeteuk cried.

If only his power was erasing his own memory.