Breaking Hyungs

The Adventures of Pineapple!Geng

Geng waved goodbye to his mother on Skype, then turned off his computer and pushed it to one side. It was a rare day off and he planned on doing absolutely nothing. With a yawn and a luxurious stretch, he pulled the blankets up over him and closed his eyes to take a nap.

He had just slipped into sleep when there was a sudden explosion. With a yelp, Geng bolted up and looked around. He didn’t know what the sound was, but it sounded to him like a bomb. And then the screams followed. Without a second thought, Geng jumped out bed and followed the sound of screaming, which was coming from the other end of the hall. He found Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Henry surrounding Siwon, who was cradling someone in his arms.

“What happened?” Geng asked in alarm, dropping beside Siwon. He then gasped. Heechul was pale and unconscious, except for the blood smeared over his face.

Heechul!” Geng reached out to take Heechul from Siwon, but the sight of his too-still, bleeding boyfriend was too much. Just as he touched Heechul’s hair, Geng dissolved into a pineapple.

“I’m sorry!” Eunhyuk cried. “I sneezed and accidentally knocked over the solid marble bookend and it fell on Heechul and…” he broke off, sobbing hysterically. Siwon closed his eyes and murmured a small prayer, then lifted Heechul up.

“Can one of you guys get Geng? Let’s take them back to their room.” Siwon ordered. Henry dutifully picked up the pineapple and followed Siwon. He gently lay Heechul down and instructed Donghae to find either Sungmin or Leeteuk. Eunhyuk fell to his knees at Heechul’s bedside, clutching Heechul’s hands and sobbing wildly. “He’s ok,” Siwon said, Eunhyuk’s hair. “Seriously, it just got his nose. It only looks bad, but we’ll fix it.” Eunhyuk refused to be comforted.

“Heechul’s dead and Geng’s a pineapple!” He wailed. “Nothing will ever be ok ever again!” Henry simply Geng’s leaves, holding onto him as tightly as he could without pricking himself. Why pineapples? Couldn’t he have been a mango?

“It’s ok,” Henry said comfortingly as Siwon went into the bathroom to get a damp cloth. He returned and gently began to dab at Heechul’s face, murmuring to him and his hair. After a while, Heechul moaned and slowly opened his eyes. Siwon smiled down at him.

“How do you feel?” he asked.

“I think I’ve completely lost hearing in my left ear. Seriously, when you sneeze it sounds like a bomb.” Heechul suddenly gasped, his eyes going wide. “My nose. Quick, bring me a mirror. Am I horribly disfigured? Please don’t let me be horribly disfigured. Who would our fans look at?”

“Uh, me?” Sungmin asks, wandering into the room with a first aid kit, followed by a skittish Donghae.

“Hyung! You’re alive!” Donghae shouted in joy, running towards Heechul and throwing his arms around him in a warm embrace. Only he accidentally jabbed Heechul in the nose again, setting off another torrent of blood.

“You broke hyung!” Eunhyuk shrieked in horror as Heechul clutched his nose, dodging Siwon’s attempts to examine his nose for further damage and yelling angry, muffled words that no one could understand. Donghae threw himself onto the bed, crying while Henry covered what he thought Geng’s eyes ought to be, although it was really hard to tell on a pineapple.

He was a really bad guesser. Geng took in the entire scene. He had no intention of becoming not a pineapple any time soon. With a sigh, he just sat back and allowed Henry to continue to pet his leaves.