Chapter 18

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

Suho returned home and found Lay and Chen on the sofa, watching the TV.

"I'm back." Suho said while he closed the door.

They turned their heads to him.

"Welcome back." Lay said.

"Hey hyung!" Chen said.

"So where did you go?" Lay asked, walking up to him.

"I went to meet the others, we have a little chat." Suho said, half lying, half telling the truth.

"That's nice. I'll go cook dinner." Lay said and went to the kitchen.

A perfect timing to tell Chen about the plan.

"Hey Chen." Suho went to the sofa.

Chen looked at him.

"Tomorrow it's Lay's birthday. We are having a surprise party for him. All of us." Suho said.

"All of us?" Chen asked.

"Yes." Suho then started explaining everything.

"And you and Xiumin hyung will be buying decorations." Suho said.

"Me and...Xiumin hyung?" Chen asked.

"Yes, he doesn't hate you, Chen." Suho said.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Chen looked stunned.

"It was Hamuel's doing. He wanted to force me to be with him again, he used Xiumin hyung as my weakness. But I won't let anything happen to you or Xiumin hyung." Suho said.

"Thanks hyung." Chen said gratefully.

"Now, don't tell the plan to Lay, everyone's not goin to work tomorrow. Will Mr So be okay with that?"

"I don't know. Extra work is what we will get." 

"Doesn't matter. We need to make this for Lay."

"Your love for Lay hyung is far more greater than work. You had skipped work for a long time, do you think Mr So will forgive you for this?" Chen asked.

"I'm sure he'll let me. This will be the last time okay?" 

"Fine. Let's do it." Chen and Suho high-fived.


 

The next day, Suho and Chen pretended that they went to work. As soon as they parted ways with Lay, they ran back home. They then called everyone to meet in the house immediately. When everyone arrived, Suho seperated the jobs.

"As planned, Xiumin and Chen will buy decorations, D.O and Kai will stay and cook, Baekhyun and I will buy cake and other neccersery things." Suho said. So everyone went out.

ON XIUMIN & CHEN'S SIDE

They walked slowly on the streets to find a nearby shop decoration store.

"I didn't know you will want to get back to me." Chen started a conversation that both of them missed.

"It's Hamuel who did it." Xiumin said.

"I know, Suho hyung told me." 

"I'm sorry to ignore you, to make you think I hate you. He told me how you cried and missed me."

"But I'm fine now that you told me the truth. I understand."

"I really love you, Chen."

"I'm sorry to run away. I just need to take care of some things back home."

"Shall we date? Like last time?"

"Sure." Chen linked hands with Xiumin.

"Let's find a store now." Xiumin smiled.

ON BAEKHYUN & SUHO'S SIDE

Baekhyun, as usual, was the most enthusiatic. Chanyeol will arrive when it's time to decorate. Chanyeol and Baekhyun really love parties and they are sure to make it a wonderful birthday for Lay.

"What shall we buy first?" Baekhyun asked.

"We can buy cake." Suho said as they appraoched a store.

The store has a strong smell of cakes and pastries. It is a cake shop after all. Baekhyun's mouth watered as he saw all the cakes and breads on the trays. Suho went over to the counter where a girl, no less then 25, stands.

"How may I help?" The girl asked.

"Hi, I am here to collect the cake order I made yesterday." Suho said, presenting the order slip.

"Yes. Please excuse me." The girl then left to the kitchen.

Suho leaned against the counter, watching Baekhyun amusingly. Baekhyun sprawled all over the display containers, looking at the bread.

"You can buy some for youself." Suho told him.

"Really? Thanks!" Baekhyun exclaimed and took a tray and a tong. He then took almost every kind of bread onto the tray.

"You sure you can finish all that?" Suho asked.

"I'm sharing this with Chanyeol." Baekhyun said.

"That's a lot of bread." Suho laughed.

"Done!" Baekhyun put the tray full of dozens bread onto the counter just as the girl came back with the cake.

"He's buying these too." Baekhyun told her.

"What?" Suho asked.

"Do me a favor and buy all this for me okay?" Baekhyun begged with his puppy eyes.

"Argh fine." Suho took out some cash and paid her.

Baekhyun happily took the bag full of bread and skipped beside Suho who was protecting his cake from being squashed by Baekhyun.

"Careful!" Suho said.

"Sorry hyung!" Baekhyun giggled.

"It's not funny! If this cake is ruined, you're paying for it!" Suho said.

"Why so serious? Let's go home!" Baekhyun said.