Chapter 14

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

Suho went back to work with Chen. Everyone was hugging Suho like they never seen him for years.

"Glad you're back!" Baekhyun exclaimed then whispered softly, "Mr So gave me extra work, which is supposed to be your share. I'm glad you're back." 

"Baekhyun!" Suho smacked him playfully.

"Get to work everyone." Mr So clapped his hands and chased them away.

Everyone scattered to each of their places. Suho, of course, still sticks with Xiumin. Today, Xiumin is watching over Suho making waffles. Suho then remembered about Chen.

"Chen told me." Suho said.

"About what?" Suho noticed Xiumin beganning to tense up.

"About you rejecting him. You should know how he became after that." Suho said.

"What happened to him?"

"He went to drink and got drunk. After that, he got a fever. Don't worry, he's fine." 

"No wonder he never come to work yesterday." 

"Why?" Suho stared right at his eyes.

"Why...what?" 

"Why did you reject him? You said you wanted him back."

"I...I just..." Xiumin looked down.

"Just what?" Suho was determined for an answer.

"Some...some guy came to me...He said he knows you. He told me to be careful. He told me that if he doesn't get you back to him, he'll hurt my boyfriend. So I had to reject Chen, so he'll would be alright." Xiumin said.

"HaMuel..." Suho clenched his fist.

"You know him right?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah. He's my ex from high school." 

"That guy? It was him? Wow, he changed a lot. I couldn't recgonize him."

"In what ways?"

"More violent. He looks fiercer now." Because of me...

"Thanks for telling me." 

"Don't tell Chen about it. I'll just wait till it's time to get back together with him. You'll help me right?"

"Sure. I should help, for all of us." Suho looked at his finished waffle base.


 

After work, Lay picked both Suho and Chen up.

"How's work today, guys." Lay asked.

"As usual. Nothing special." Chen said.

"It was great." Suho said.

"Of course it was great for you! Everyone missed you and nobody know I was missing for a day!" Chen shouted.

"Chen?" Suho asked.

"Nobody cares about me. Not even Xiumin hyung. He..He just takes me as invisible! Like I don't exist! He doesn't talk to me anymore. What in the world did I do wrong that he doesn't love me anymore?" Chen said.

"There he goes again..." Lay told Suho quietly. I know excatly why...

"Chen, I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. He just needs time. I'm sure he didn't ignore you on purpose." Suho said.

"Stop trying to comfort me! You don't even understand how I feel." Chen cried.

Suho heard Lay sighing and looked at him.

"Just let him cool down. He'll be fine." Lay told him.

Suho leaned back in the back seat and stared out the window. HaMuel had already started it...

As soon as they returned home, Chen was the first to run up his room. 

"You sure he'll be alright?" Suho asked Lay.

"I'm very sure. Just leave him alone and he'll be fine and cheerful again." Lay said.

"I just have a feeling he's not..." Suho mumbled.

"You know the reason, right?" Lay asked.

"Was it written on my face?" Suho was amused by his guess.

"Yeah. Tell me about it, I won't tell Chen."

"It was HaMuel's doings. He is treatening me to get back to him. He is using everyone as my weakness." 

"Why can't he just give up?" 

"Because...we have more nice memories together. We were very close and loving. But until I know his secret,we broke up."

"What secret?" 

"He was a gangster from a rich family. He's handsome but not as nice everyone thinks. He gets violent with teachers but he immediately changes infront of his familiy. He is two-face. If I keep up with him, I'll be affected. His studies is bad, always the last person. I couldn't be like him. And he is the reason why I almost dropped out."

"I see...But how did you two got together?" 

"He's attractive. He has alot of admirers like I do. But he just loves me and me alone. He just can't give me up. He used to call me 5 times a day after we broke up. If that is not enough, he even came to my house every evening." 

"Man, he really loves you." Lay frowned.

"But I love you more, Lay." Suho held his hand.

"Now we just have to solve the problem so everyone won't get affected by HaMuel." 

"I think the only way is for me to be with him." Suho said sadly.

"No, Suho! You can't do that. The three of us can just talk things out. Talk some sense into him, he'll wake up and think about it. I know he would." 

"I'm just afraid that he'll hurt you again." Suhp stared at the faint bloodstain on the corner of Lay's mouth.

"Anything for you. I can take thousands of bullets for you. I just want you safe and happy." 

"For me to be happy, you don't need bullets for me. There's nothing we can change about fate." 

"Just listen to me, we'll find a way out. Okay?" 

"Okay..." Suho stared at his eyes.

The only pair of eyes that look gentle and loving compared to those of HaMuel's. The only pair of eyes Suho wanted to see each day. But hurting HaMuel, it's not what he wanted. But divorcing Lay will be the wrong move too. Suho sighed and diverted his attention away.

"What's wrong?" Lay asked.

"I'm...I'm going to check on Chen." Suho went over to the guest room, knocked the door gently and opened it slightly.

He took a small peek inside to see Chen. Chen was on bed, staring at something that he couldn't see well.

"Chen?" Suho asked when he opened the door wide.

Chen jumped in fright and hid the thing behind him. "H..Hyung!"

"Are you okay?" Suho sat at the foot of the bed.

"I'm fine. Just a bit jealous of you." Chen admitted.

"You don't have to be jealous of me. Because we all care about you. If they don't, you still have me and Lay." Suho said.

"You're right. That's what I thought about. Thanks." Chen smiled for the first time today.

"You look handsome when you smile. You should smile more."

"Hyung!"

Suho laughed while Chen pouted. Little did they know that Lay was quietly looking at them through the small gap of the door. He smiled softly and then closed the door slowly.