Headlights

Through Angel Eyes (Kris' twelve whishes)

so, I didn't think I'd post this... But here it is anyways!

 


It was a cloudy day when Wu Yifan went home from the S.M Building, where he worked. He had stayed behind as the rest of the group he was in, EXO, had gone home. Today when they were practicing he noticed he was falling behind on the dancing, and decided it wouldn't hurt to dance it over again for a few hours. Perfection with every step... he couldn't afford any mistakes.

One, two, three, four, the rhythm to the dance he was practicing was drilled into him, and he felt the even beat pound in his body, in his bones. He listened to the song he had put on repeat and replayed a thousand times already as he walked home, deciding he needed to know every bit of it to exercise the dance flawlessly. He bounced his head slightly, walking to the upbeat pace. It was completely dark outside, and the streetlights, giving off a shallow, yellowish light, were the only reason he could see anything at all. The year had passed fast and it was almost December by now, even though Yifan insisted it had been spring just last week. The cold, dry air made his throat hurt as he walked, and he huddled his arms closer around him, the cold even seeping though his grey coat. Walking alone on the streets on Seoul in the middle of the night honestly gave Yifan the creeps, and he unconsciously picked up his pace. Rather home earlier than later.

 Yifan had grown tired of the song ages ago, even though he had been a part of the making. But it needed to be perfect, so he kept on listening to it anyways. He was the leader, and if he set a bad example, it wouldn't be good. So falling behind on the dance certainly wasn't an option. He knew he was no Yixing or Jongin, but he also knew he could do better and was only left with one option, which was dancing until he dropped. 

As Yifan made his way to the dorm, he thought about what he would do when he came back. He had thought about ordering pizza for all of them as soon as they released their new album, as a surprise treat. A lot of the members had been ordered on diets by their management (though Yifan believed they were too skinny already), and he wanted to give them something extra good. As the song continued and Baekhyun's voice reached its peak for the millionth time that day, Yifan picked up his phone and called the other leader of EXO, Joonmyeon. It was past twelve already, and he wondered if everyone still were up. If not, he had a problem as he had forgotten his keys at home.

Joonmyeon picked up after the third ring. "Hey, Yifan, where are you?" he asked as soon as the lines connected. He sounded worried - not that it was that weird, as Yifan had promised to be home an hour ago. But he had been so hung up in one of the moves that he had completely forgotten the time.

"I'm on my way home, I just wondered if you were still up. I'll be there in five minutes, can you let me in?" he asked, looking down at the cracked asphalt of the sidewalk. He knew these streets well by now, so he also knew that in six steps, he would have to turn right to cross a street.

"Of course," Joonmyeon agreed as Yifan looked up and turned his head twice in each directions to ensure it was okay to cross over. The traffic light showed a red light to the possible incoming cars and a green light to him, but it didn't hurt to be extra careful.

"Oh, and we saved you some food. Sehun almost at it all, I can't believe he's still growing rapidly, but I conquered the whole table and reserved it for you," Joonmyeon continued, and Yifan swore he could hear a smile in the other leader's voice. It might be embarrassing to the other members, but Joonmyeon and Yifan would sometimes just exchange short sentences about the growth of the others like they were children. Neither of them minded really, it just came naturally.

"Thanks," Yifan replied as he crossed over. The white stripes that showed that this was a street crossing weren't as visible at night, but he still had the annoying habit of only walking on the white and managed to only step on the white. It wasn't before now that he really felt the hunger. He hadn't noticed it before, but as Joonmyeon mentioned food his stomach rumble. He grinned. "Sa-rang-hae, leader," he said to show his appreciation for Joonmyeon's actions. He didn't show this side to anyone else, no way, but it was late at night, he was tired, and someone had just spared him some food. "I'm really hungry, so I appreci-" those were the last words Wu Yifan uttered, as a pair of lights approached him in at least seventy kilometers per hour.

 


 

I don't know, it's kind of interesting to write...