The Truth

All In

 

“Y-Yuri?”

“No, it’s Hyuna.”

“Hyuna …”

The wind is especially strong on the rooftop of this tall building. Hara’s hair flutters with the gust as she looks toward the door to the roof access. Disappointment cannot be hidden from her face, because the person at the doorway is not the person she wanted to be there.

Hyuna brushes her bangs out of her eyes as the wind runs through her hair. She notes the disappointment in Hara’s eyes and offers the other girl a rueful smile.

“I’m sorry that I’m not Yuri-unnie.” Hyuna’s voice gets drowned out by the whistling wind as she makes her way toward the shorter girl.

“…” Hara remains silent, her eyes still straining toward the door in hopes that a certain Black Pearl will appear.

Hyuna stops right in front of Hara and blocks her view, “Is Yuri-unnie the only person in your heart?”

“Huh?” Hara snaps out of her hopeful daze and glance to the younger girl.

“I know you’ve had a crush on her ever since we were filming Invincible Youth, but why does she deserve you? She doesn’t even see you as more than a good friend.” Hyuna’s intense gaze sends a chill up Hara’s spine and causes her to look away.

“What are you saying, Hyuna?” Hara pushes Hyuna’s shoulder, “Don’t concern yourself with my business.”

Hyuna does not budge.

“How can I not concern myself when you are acting like a moth to a flame?”

“Don’t compare me to a moth!” Hara yells and pushes Hyuna’s shoulder again.

Hyuna remains steady.

“Not only are you a moth, you’re a blind moth for not noticing what is in front of you!” Hyuna yells back.

“Who are you to criticize me?!” Hara’s tears begin to pool together.

“I’m only the idiot who’s been waiting for you to snap out of your infatuation and realize that I’m in love with you! Yuri isn’t the only y singer in Korea, you know. I’m the silly girl who worked so hard to attract you. I couldn’t stand seeing you pine for her anymore, so I left Invincible Youth. When you called me to come back, do you know how ecstatic I was? I couldn’t sleep for days prior … I’m the moth drawn to your flame.” Hyuna explodes and yells at the top of her lungs, channeling all her frustration toward the object of her affection.

Hara remains silent and stunned from the sudden confession from the girl she considers to be a close friend.

“Who told you to like me anyways?! I didn’t ask to like someone who doesn’t return my feelings. I didn’t ask you to like me! So why are you yelling at me?” Hara replies with equal volume and frustration.

“No one asked me to like you Hara-unnie, but I am asking you now.” Hyuna starts out yelling, but her volume dwindles as she reaches out and holds Hara’s cold hand in hers, “I am asking you to forget Yuri-unnie and be mine.”

Hara does not know how to reply to such an earnest request. She stares upon Hyuna’s pained expression and immediately something tugs at her heart. She sighs and shakes her head. After taking a deep breath, she swallows all her agitation.

“If it was that easy, then I would’ve done it a long time ago.” Hara reaches upward and gently pats Hyuna’s head. “I’m sorry that I’ve caused you pain, kiddo. I should’ve paid more attention and taken better care of you.”

“Unnie, please don’t treat me like a child.” Hyuna replies sadly, but does not resist Hara’s head pat.

“You’re not a child, but you’re my dongsaeng. I’m sorry I was too self-involved to notice your hurt.” Hara stops patting Hyuna’s head and cups the younger girl’s cheeks in her palms, “I’m sorry, Hyuna. Please forgive me.”

Hyuna presses her lips together and lets her face rest in Hara’s hands, “I forgive you …” What else could she say when Hara is being so sincere?

With a sigh, Hara looks toward the door one last time, “She’s not coming is she?”

Hyuna shakes her head.

“Alright, let’s go get you some ice cream.” Hara smiles and holds Hyuna’s hand, tugging and pulling the girl toward the door.

“Hara-unnie, what does this mean?” Hyuna asks confusedly.

“It means we are going to get ice-cream.” Hara replies without looking back. Hyuna pouts since Hara is still not hers.

Suddenly, Hyuna pulls Hara back and tightly hugs the older, but smaller, girl’s back. She rests her chin on Hara’s shoulder and says, “I know you want to cry, Hara-unnie. You don’t have to pretend in front of me. Let it out.”

Hara shakes her head, but tears suddenly stream out of her eyes and roll down her beautiful face. She sobs quietly while Hyuna holds her. Together on the windy rooftop, they grieve for Hara’s failed first love.


 

“So that’s what happened?” Taeyeon finally speaks after silence enveloped the dorm.

Sunny and Hyomin just finished telling everyone everything, from the plan to the recent events, except for Hara’s part since they wanted to respect her privacy. They held hands the entire time and smiles sheepishly at each other when they retold their part. Everyone sort of sat there and let their words sink in.

“See unnies? I told you Sooyoung-unnie had her reason.” Seohyun speaks softly.

Yuri rises from her chair and heads toward the door.

“Where are you going?” Hyoyeon looks up at the tall girl.

“I’m going to find Sooyoung and tell her that I’m sorry.” Yuri replies as she reaches down for her shoes.

“I’ll go with you.” Hyoyeon hops onto her feet, followed by Tiffany and Taeyeon. “I’m going, too.” They say at the same time.

“Wait unnies, you don’t even know where Sooyoung-unnie is!” Seohyun tries to reason with her hotblooded unnies.

“We’ve got to do something, or else we’ll go crazy with guilt just staying here.” Yuri speaks for the group.

Yoona looks at Jessica, who remains motionless as if she is still processing Sunbyung’s story. “Unnie … are you alright?” She gently pokes the Ice Princess’ shoulder.

The blonde is chewing gently on her lower lip while staring intently at the floor.

Yoona looks to Sunny, the only member still sitting, but the short bunny is now occupied with Hyomin. Yoona sighs, dreading that there will be more of this sickeningly sweet scene in the days to come.

“You girls stay home, I think I know where she is.” Jessica’s soft voice is commanding.

“Do you?” Tiffany, who is standing near the doorway, looks back at her best friend.

“I have an idea.” Jessica gathers her things and slips into her shoes.

“Let’s all go there, then.” Taeyeon smiles hopefully.

“No. I want to talk to her alone.” Jessica shakes her head and pushes everyone out of her way.

“Jess-” Yuri starts to call to her, but Jessica quickly slips out of the door.

“I’m worried, maybe we should follow her. It’s late, she shouldn’t be wandering the streets alone.” Hyoyeon looks between all her members, but they just look down at their feet instead. They cannot meet each other’s eyes, since the bond they believed some strongly in does not seem to be as invincible as they thought.

“Don’t worry, they have iPhones with them. I can track them via GPS.” Seohyun, the Voice of Reason, speaks up once more.

“WHAT?!” They all yells at once.

“I installed the app on their phones after they started going out late at night. I didn’t want to get wrinkles worrying about where they are.” Seohyun replies and pulls out her laptop.

“Omo, everybody check your phone!” Yuri gasps and reaches into her back pocket.

Everyone frantically checks their phones for whatever app Seohyun was talking about. There is suddenly a huge ruckus about privacy, Big Brother Always Watching, sneaking out and all that. The maknae just quietly takes a seat on the sofa and logs onto iCloud to track her two unnies.

“Your maknae is scary …” Hyomin whispers into Sunny’s ear, while watching Seohyun closely.

“Yours act like a dinosaur.” Sunny retorts with a chuckle while calmly disabling the location service on her phone. Since she has a girlfriend now, she might be doing a lot more sneaking out than before.


Jessica stands in front of the doors. She takes a deep breath before pushing both sides open and stepping into the grand room. It is not long before she locates her misunderstood friend.

“Soo …”

Upon hearing her name, Sooyoung opens her eyes and smiles, “You found me.”


Hello again, everyone! Hope y'all had a good week. I'm glad to have done this chapter because now I can fully focus on Soosica.

While not writing or studying, I managed to teach my cat to play fetch. It's the proudest moment of my life ... not really.

Right now, Girl's Generation is in NYC performing in SM Town. I'm jealous of all the people who are attending!

Anyways, have a great week!