The Awkward Meeting

All In

 

“H-Hey Sunny-ah.” Hyomin nervously greets the shorter girl with a smile.

            “Hey, Sunny … and Hyoyeon.” Sooyoung cooly smiles at Sunny then waves to Hyoyeon, who is approaching them from another section.

            “Hey there, Soo.” Hyoyeon looks rather confusedly at the tall girl, “I didn’t know that you and Hyomin are … friend.” She observes the distance between the two girls, then turns to look at Sunny who has turned into Jessica #2.

            Sunny’s expression is ice cold, not her usual bubbly personality at all. She looks from Hyomin to Sooyoung, then the matching bracelets with the initials H&S in Sooyoung’s hand. Without a word, she turns toward Hyoyeon who is staring at her, “I didn’t know that either.”

            “Yes, we’re friends from that one time Sooyoung came to Yoochiri in place of Yuri.” Hyomin answers, but her eyes never left Sunny.

            “Friends? Nah.” Sooyoung grins wickedly and closes the distance between her and Hyomin. Her arm slips behind the T-ara member and pulls her with enough force to mash their bodies together. “You don’t have to be shy about it. We’re more than just friends, right Hyomin?” She stares down at Hyomin with the most loving gaze she can muster.

            “W-what? Oh yes … we’re more than friends …” Hyomin timidly wraps her arms around Sooyoung’s slender body and rests her head on the taller girl’s shoulder.

             Hyoyeon’s eyes pop open as her jaws drop about two inches. She cannot believe what she is seeing in front of her, soshe turns to Sunny to check whether the other girl is seeing this, too. What she sees in Sunny is even scarier than Sooyoung and Hyomin’s display of affection. The warm bubbly sunshine has been replaced by the Artic aura of Jessica. The short girl is staring daggers at the pair before sharply turning away.

             “Have a good date.” Sunny says as she takes Hyoyeon’s hand and pulls the shocked girl along, “C’mon Hyo, we should get back to the dorm.”

              “B-but what about Hara?” Hyoyeon manages to utter those words as she is being dragged away. “What’s going on?!” She cries.

“Bye bye!” Sooyoung waves to them until their figures disappear before she lets go of Hyomin.

“Do you think that was the right thing to do?” Hyomin looks up to Sooyoung with worried eyes.

              Sooyoung shrugs and goes to the counter to pay for the bracelets, leaving Hyomin to contemplate what just happened. When Sooyoung returned, she shows Hyomin a nicely wrapped package.

              “Don’t worry about it too much. We’ve set things into motion so we can only move ahead, regardless of the outcome. Here … take this as a present.” She gives the purchase to Hyomin and smiles warmly.

“Thanks, Sooyoung.” Hyomin smiles back in gratitude as she accepts the gift.

Sooyoung chuckles and ruffles the shorter girl’s hair, “Did you see her expression? She’s definitely jealous.”

“Yeah … it’s scary …” Hyomin shivers while Sooyoung laughs and they both exits the store.


 

Sooyoung is helping Hara and Hyomin, but for what purpose? Why was Sunny so cold and scary? What is the meaning of life? Why does the Easter Bunny carry eggs? Who let the dogs out?

I will answer these questions and more ... in later chapters!

Hopefully, I'll get to Soosica soon!