The Idiots

All In

The doorknob turns and the entrance to the Girl’s Generation’s dorm reveals the tallest member of the group. Sooyoung steps inside while texting Hyomin to make sure the girl got home safely after their “date”. As she distractedly makes her way to the livingroom, she pays no mind to the pairs of eyes staring at her. However, once she reaches the middle of the room, the awkward tension hits her like a car.

 

Looking up from her phone, she sees Yuri and Hyoyeon staring at her intently while Sunny gets up and leaves the room. The short girl does not even acknowledge her presence, though it is not the first time that Sooyoung’s felt ignored since her rendezvous with Hara. Sensing that something is wrong, Sooyoung turns on her charm and smiles at the two still in the room.

 

“Hello, y la-” Before Sooyoung can finish her greeting, Yuri picks up a pillow from the sofa and aims it at her head.

 

By a fraction of a hair, Sooyoung dodges the projectile and glares at Yuri. “Yah! Kwon Yuri, you want to die?”

 

Yuri rises from her seat and immediately gets up in Sooyoung’s face, “I’m so mad at you right now, I might die from the stress!”

 

Hyoyeon comes up from behind and pulls Yuri back.

 

“Sooyoung, what’s going on? I thought you were dating Hara … but now you’re with Hyomin?” Hyoyeon looks concerned.

 

“Aish, why are you girls so concerned about my business? I don’t see how this is any of your concern.” Sooyoung arrogantly states and turns as if she is heading toward the kitchen.

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung, who said you can go now?” Hyoyeon scolds the taller girl and pulls her back by the arm.

 

“Let go of me!” Sooyoung violently shakes her arm out of the shorter girl’s grip and the two proceeds to have a staredown.

 

“How is this not any of our business?” Yuri yells, “Nevermind that you’re damaging the group’s image! Hara and Hyomin are our friends, so if you’re two-timing them it makes it our business. I will seriously hurt you if you hurt them. I won’t forgive you.”

 

“I didn’t know you guys were that close.” Sooyoung smirks and turns toward Yuri, “Do you like one of them, Yuri? Which one? Hara’s cute, huh?” She continues to press, ignoring the dangerous look from the Black Pearl and the disgusted look from Hyoyeon. “If you want her, I can let you have her.” That is the last straw.

 

“Garh!” Yuri lunges at the taller girl, but luckily Hyoyeon’s dancer reflex kicks in just in time. Hyoyeon wraps her arms around Yuri’s waist to hold her back. She hangs onto the dark-haired beauty like she is hanging onto her life.

 

“Stop, Yuri. Calm down. Please!” Hyoyeon struggles to keep her angry friend from seriously hurting her stupid friend.

 

Sooyoung, in the meanwhile, is staring at Yuri with a smirk that says ‘come at me, bro’.

 

“What’s going on here?” Taeyeon’s voice causes everyone in the room to turn toward the door. Yuri stops fighting Hyoyeon’s hold and just drops her hands to her side.

 

Behind the short leader, Tiffany and Jessica look surprised. They just got home from their schedule and are now staring at the wild scene of an enraged Yuri, a struggling Hyoyeon, and a taunting Sooyoung. They slip out of their shoes and cautiously make their way into the room.

 

“I’ll ask again. What is going on?” Taeyeon repeats in her cautioning tone. The three of them turn to Hyoyeon at once. She is the most vulnerable to their cold stares, since the two tall ones are busy having a staring contest.

 

The poor dancer shivers when, not one, but three pairs of eyes are coldly staring at her. She lets go of Yuri and immediately hides behind the Black Pearl. “W-why are you three staring at me? I was trying to break up the fight.” She is not normally this timid, but lately everyone has been duplicating Jessica’s coldness, it is f-ing scary.

 

“Why don’t you ask this idiot?” Yuri sneers at Sooyoung.

 

“Hey, don’t call me idiot, idiot.” Sooyoung pushes Yuri by her shoulders.

 

In the background, the other girls are too stunned by this childish argument to say anything.

 

“I call it as I see it, idiot. What are you going to do about it?” Yuri pushes Sooyoung back.

 

Sooyoung’s face darkens, her eyes bulge out in anger and she raises her hand, as if she is going to strike Yuri. Just then, another, “What’s going here?” echoes from the front door.

 

All six girls turn toward the direction of that familiar voice.

 

“Unnies?” Yoona looks concerned, but Seohyun quickly darts into the middle of the scene and pulls Sooyoung back by the sleeve of her shirt.

 

“Sooyoung-unnie, please don’t fight.” The maknae looks like she is about to burst into tears and that alone is enough to cool all the burning hearts in the room. She has been so concerned about her unnies these past few weeks. She worries for the family of the group and the unity of her beloved family.

 

Sooyoung lowers her hand and looks down to the floor in shame while everyone in the room is stunned silent. “I’m sorry, maknae …” She has always had a soft spot for the serious, yet naïve younger girl. It hurts her when she does something that would cause this kid worry for her.

 

When Sooyoung looked up, Yuri could have sworn that she saw an apologetic look in her friend’s eyes. The shikshin almost looked sad and pitiful. Yuri takes a deep breath and turns away, “I’m tired of fighting with this idiot. I’m going to bed.” She sharply turns away from the scene and storms off to her room. YoonA hastily follows her roommate; she knows Yuri would appreciate her presence, even if she does not want to talk. However, she does not forget to shoot Sooyoung a pointed glance.

 

Hyoyeon lets out a breath of relief when no physical alternation broke out between the two. It would have been difficult for her to break up a fight between those two. Just as she turns to TaeSicFany, she catches their cold stares again, since no one actually explained what happened to them.

 

“Uh … maknae, it’s cell generation time, isn’t it? We should go back to our room. Sleep is important for your skin and mind!” Hyoyeon quickly grabs Seohyun’s hand and drags her backward, like a shield, away from the battlefield. Despite the younger girl’s protest that she wants to stay with Sooyoung-unnie, they end up safely inside their room. That leaves the shikshin to deal with the leader and the Americans.

 

“Sooyoung, you tell us what is going on.” Taeyeon’s arms are folded across her chest while her finger impatiently taps on her arm. She looks expectantly at the loftier girl, demanding an answer. Tiffany just looks on casually, but her hand is gently the leader’s back, as if trying to tell the shorter girl to keep calm.

 

Jessica’s expression is hardest to read. She looks curious, but also concerned and annoyed at the same time. When she catches Sooyoung staring at her, Jessica immediately puts on her emotionless façade. Sooyoung cannot help but stare at the Ice Princess like she is the only one in the room. Only when Taeyeon clears , does the tallest girl shakes her head. “Nothing, really. Yuri is just jealous that I’m dating both Hara and Hyomin.”

 

“YOU’RE WHAT?!” Surprisingly, that sharp scream comes out of Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon just looks pissed and Jessica officially turns into Hellsica.

 

“YOU IDIOT!” Hellsica unleashes her harpy shriek while Taeyeons starts launching whatever she can get at the tall target.

 

“Help! Help! Help! Murder!” Sooyoung screams while trying to dodge an endless flow of pillows, a stuffed animal, a cup, and a Jack Sparrow doll. However, her plea for help falls on deaf ears because no one came out to help her.

 

Finally, their battle is interrupted when a loud knock booms from the front door. They all freeze, until Tiffany goes to get the door so that the other three can catch their breaths and compose themselves. “Hello?” Tiffany hesitantly greets the tiny old lady with white hair and a cane. The lady is only about half of Tiffany’s size and is wearing a robe over her nightgown.

 

“Do you people have any idea what time it is?!” The old lady yells and prods Tiffany with the end of her cane. Her outburst and sudden assault causes Tiffany to gasp out of surprise. It does not hurt where the cane prodded her, but the unordinary act is surprising for her.

 

“I-I’m sorry ma’am …” Tiffany is just about to bow and profusely apologize when the old lady holds her hand up as a signal for silence.

 

“I don’t need your apologies. I’m pretty sure you are violating some sort of housing laws with nine people living in a space this size. If it wasn’t enough for you people to come and go at all times of day, you also make an incessant amount of noise at random times. Now, you are making a ruckus loud enough to wake up the dead. Don’t you ever sleep? It’s 12:30 for heaven’s sake! Have some respect for your neighbors!” The lady rants on with Tiffany standing there feeling like she is being scolded by her grandmother.

 

Finally, after some more rants about how the girls are inconsiderate and rude, the old lady turns to leave. As Tiffany starts to close the door, the lady turns around and gives her a creepy dead stare, “If this happen again, I will give you something to scream murder about.” Following this last line, she takes her leave.

 

Watching an old lady threaten Tiffany, who is twice her size, causes Sooyoung to let out a soft chuckle. Her hilarity does not go unnoticed, because Taeyeon smacks her on the arm, which causes her to yelp aloud. Jessica, who has changed from Hellsica to Zombiesica, just walks toward the Soosica room. She ignores the worried look from Sooyoung and just shuts the door with a soft click.

 

Tiffany leans against the door after closing it and taking a moment to compose herself. This was too much, she is not good with confrontations and this was way more than she can handle. She turns around and shuffles toward her room. As she passes Sooyoung, Tiffany draws her thumb across and mouths, “You’re dead” to the tall girl. Taeyeon tiredly makes her way to the room that she shares with Sunny, but not before disappointedly shaking Sooyoung.

 

Now, standing in an empty livingroom, Sooyoung balls her fists and tightens them. She struggles not to scream or cry, but this is so much harder than she’s anticipated. Not wanting another confrontation with Jessica in their room, she opts to crash on the couch tonight. She sits down and stares blankly for a few moments to process what all just happened. Then, she pulls out her phone and types furiously on the keyboard.

 

To: Hyomin and Hara

Message: I don’t think I can do this much longer. Let’s finish this at tomorrow’s event.

 

After the message is sent, Sooyoung tosses her phone onto another chair. She lies down and hugs her arms around her body. She is not sure if it is the chilliness of the room or the loneliness that makes her feel so pitiful. Never since she joined this group has she felt this alone before. Like a child, she whimpers and bites her lowerlip as her tears start to drop onto the cushion of the couch. Hopefully, she has not done enough damage to cause her to feel this guilty for the rest of her life. She closes her eyes and prays for the mental fortitude to continue with her plan.


Thanks everyone for reading ^_^ I don't really know what to say in the author's note, other than me hoping that you won't stop reading because the story can be confusing. I will try to clear it up soon! I don't know why I have more chapters than I had planned. Anyways, I will leave you with pictures of fighting Soori.