The Date

All In

 

            It is a summer afternoon like most summer afternoons. The sunlight streams through the canopy of trees while the cicadas sing their summer song. People are at the park with their family and pets. Young couples meet and join hands to walk through some secluded paths. They are all part of the summer scene and the young girl waiting at the bench is no exception.

            “Hara!” A voice calls out, pulling the girl from her daydreaming.

            “Hey, sorry I’m late!” A tall girl with short brown hair pants heavily after stopping right in front of the smaller girl. Her body is bent over while her hands rest on her knees, “Traffic was bad.”

            “Sooyoung-unnie, did you run all the way here?” Hara rises to here feet and takes out a handkerchief to dabble on Sooyoung’s sweaty forehead. “You owe me ice cream since you’re late.” She nonchalantly adds and playfully pokes the taller woman’s belly.

            “But I ran all the way here!” Sooyoung pouts, but it seems like her aeygo has no effect on the younger girl. “Fiiiiiiiiiine. I’ll be a generous date and buy you ice cream.”

            “Hooray!” Hara jumps and claps happily before lacing her fingers with Sooyoung’s, “You’re the best date ever.” She starts to drag her date toward the ice cream stand next to the fountain.

            Sooyoung rolls her eyes after Hara pushed her toward the stand, “Hey ahjussi, can I get two cones of chocolate ice cream please?” She hands over some money before taking the cones back to Hara. “Here you go, shikshin.” She teases the younger girl and earns a playful smack on her arm.

            “Unnie! You’re the shikshin!” Hara replies before bursting into laughter, “You can’t even eat ice cream without being messy.” She takes out a tissue and wipes the corners of older girl’s mouth.

            “T-thanks …” Sooyoung blushes when she is doted on.

---

            After satisfying themselves with some delicious cold treats, the couple strolls through the park before heading to the mall. They were seen checking out different stores while acting very lovey dovey. They fed each other food at lunch and snuggled during a romantic movie. Finally, they parted ways around midnight when Sooyoung walked Hara home.

            “Good night, Hara.” Sooyoung leans in and kisses Hara’s forehead.

            “Good night, unnie.” Hara gives Sooyoung a big hug before skipping into her dorm.

            Sooyoung watches her go while shaking her head and chuckling, “Aish, that kid.” Just as she turns to leave, her phone chirps to alert her of an incoming message.

It reads: ‘Sooyoung-unnie, you’re in trouble! – Yoona’

A small smill tugs at the corner of Sooyoung’s mouth before she hails a taxi to go home. “It’s going to be a long night.” She sighs as she stares out the window, of the moving vehicle, at all the different lights in the city.