1/2

Unspoken (I love you. I Always Will.)

*violet texts symbolizes Baekhyun's muteness

*turquoise means Chanyeol using sign languages

 

“That’s it. You can go back tomorrow.” The teacher smiled and left the music room.

But instead of leaving the room, Baekhyun stayed for more minutes. He didn’t have any other classes in the afternoon. He liked playing the piano during his free time. The piano speaks what he’s thinking about and what he’s feeling. The music room is like his own home. There were times where he’d sleep inside the room when his sister isn’t home. He didn’t make friends. He likes being alone than to be pitied. He doesn’t want anyone to have a hard time understanding him. He doesn’t want to be a burden.

Baekhyun likes to make his own music. He made lots of songs but there’s one song in particular that he loved. He made it from the bottom of his heart. The song is special. He wrote the lyrics. He’d always play it in the piano. But he keeps it away from anyone. He doesn’t want anyone to see it except for his sister and his teacher. He doesn’t have someone to sing it for him while he plays it. Well, he can but he doesn’t want to. He never experienced having a special someone who’d love him truthfully, without conditions and bounds. Baekhyun believes that he’d die with only the love of his sister.

It’s almost 5:30 PM and Baekhyun needs to leave school. He still has to come and visit the orphanage. Baekhyun helps the kids in the orphanage. He’s like the father of all the kids. Of all the kids in the orphanage, he likes the speech deprived children the most. He doesn’t even know why.

While Baekhyun was playing with the kids, a woman came near him wearing a bright smile.

“How are you, Baekhyun-ah?” The lady smiled.

Baekhyun smiled before motioning his hands for a reply which says, “I’m fine, sister. Are my kids eating well?”

“Of course. They don’t want their father to worry.” The lady and Baekhyun chuckled.

The nuns of the orphanage took care of Baekhyun and the kids a lot. It’s like Baekhyun’s part of their family. Baekhyun started volunteering at the orphanage since he was sixteen so he’s been receiving and giving a lot of love.

“You know, Baekhyun ah,” She started. Baekhyun looked at her.

“I was wondering when you are going to start speaking again.” The nun wondered, making Baekhyun smile.

“There’s no need for that, sister. I’m fine living like this.” He motioned.

 “Okay then. Whatever makes our Baekhyun happy.” The nun smiled. “It’s almost 7:00 PM. I think you should go home and rest.”

The kids responded ‘awww’ knowing that their father is leaving. Baekhyun looked up to the nun and smiled before turning back to the kids, writing something at a piece of paper that says, “Don’t worry. I’ll be back tomorrow. I’ll bring your favorite candies. Is that okay?”

Baekhyun smiled, sending his eyes in beautiful crescents, after receiving nods of agreement from the kids. The children hugged him and he ruffled the hair of a little girl who kissed him in the cheek. Baekhyun got up and left after gesturing the kids that says, “Be good!”

~*~*~

 

It was a bright sunny day. But Chanyeol’s mood was the opposite. He was in another room with his friends talking and talking. They were too noisy for Chanyeol’s liking. He put on his earphones, ignoring the world outside the music and just focusing on his own world. He slides down a bit on his chair and closes his eyes. Due to the noise his friends are making, he can’t hear his own music even though it’s on full volume. So he stood up and left the room.

It was quieter outside. So Chanyeol removed his earphones and placed it in his pocket. He walks alone on the corridors while whistling when he heard a melody coming from the room on his right. He peeks through the window and sees a guy playing the piano. He steps inside the room quietly, hoping not to disturb the other male. Chanyeol sits at the back near the door and listens to the melody. He places his arm on the table next to him but he ends up hitting stuffs and makes a loud noise. The guy stopped playing and stood up, startled. He looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes and grabbed his things and left the room.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-“ But before Chanyeol could finish his sentence, the guy already ran out of the room. Chanyeol was left puzzled. When he was about to leave the room, he stepped on a piece of paper. He picked it up and it turns out to be a music sheet. At the bottom of the sheet, there was a name scribbled that read…

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol wondered.

Chanyeol went back to their room, carrying the music sheet with him. He’s been wondering why the guy just flew off. He realized stepping inside the room was a bad idea.

~*~*~

 

By the afternoon, Chanyeol walks home with one strap of his backpack slung onto his shoulder. He pulls out his phone, scrolling through his newly received messages. There’s nothing, really. Just texts about his older sister asking if he’d receive the money he sent or has he been doing well or has he been eating well. Chanyeol smiles at the thought that his sister cares for him. He replied a simple, “Yes, I did. I’m doing fine. I’m eating well. Thanks for the concern.” He pushed back his phone in his pocket and continued walking. It was almost 5:20 and as Chanyeol walks, he notices a familiar figure in front of him.

I recognize that back.

He sneaks behind the figure and follows wherever it goes. As the person turns right, Chanyeol realizes that he’s headed to the orphanage. He stands outside the orphanage, knees bent down so he wouldn’t be noticed. He scrutinizes the person’s face and realization hit him.

Baekhyun?

The guy he startled earlier. He realized that Baekhyun is a good person. Being a teenager and spending most of his time helping at the poor kids. He also noticed that Baekhyun used sign languages and writing through pieces of paper to express his thoughts.

Are the people at the orphanage speech deprived?

Chanyeol continues looking inside the orphanage, leaving the question in his mind unanswered. He sees how happy the kids are around Baekhyun. He sees how Baekhyun is an expert towards kids. Mostly, teenagers at their generation would spend their nights at clubs for parties, or sleepovers, or at the PC cafes playing online games. But Baekhyun is different.

He stumbles down as he sees Baekhyun going out of the orphanage. He tries to conceal himself to refrain from startling Baekhyun again. He watched Baekhyun skipping off happily before he got out of the bushes and continued walking home. He sneaked behind Baekhyun again, curious as to where he’s going now. As Baekhyun turns left, he realizes that his house is just footsteps away from Baekhyun’s. He waits until Baekhyun goes inside his home before he skipped inside his house.

That night, Chanyeol started thinking about Baekhyun. The way his eyes turn into crescents while smiling; the way he helps unfortunate kids; the way he plays the piano. Everything. He remembers the music sheet that Baekhyun owns and pulled it out of his bag. He stares at the lyrics and thinks how he was able to think of such nice and sweet words. Chanyeol smiles and puts back the music sheet in his bag as he smiled himself to sleep.

~*~*~

 

Baekhyun scrambles through his bags, his books, his envelopes and his drawers trying to look for something important. His face can’t be drawn due to the anxiety that’s covering up his beautiful face. His sister got dizzy of Baekhyun’s back and forth walking and decides to ask his brother.

“What on earth are you looking for, Baekhyun?” Jina finally asks.

Baekhyun shot her a worried look before motioning his hands that says, “Have you seen my music sheet, noona?”

Jina an eyebrow. “Which music sheet?”

“The one I’m playing everyday.” Baekhyun gestured.

“I don’t know. You brought it with you yesterday. Maybe you left it at the music room?” Jina says.

Baekhyun sighs heavily. How could he be so careless? What if someone sees it?

“I’m going to leave noona. Bye.” Baekhyun says as he pecks his sister’s cheek.

“Okay. Be careful. Hope you find your music sheet.” Jina smiled.

~*~*~

 

Baekhyun hurries to the music room in hopes that he would find his music sheet there. He scans the room and there was so sign of his music sheet.

Damn. Where did I leave that thing? Baekhyun cursed in his mind.

It wasn’t a long time when his music teacher came in, confused as to why Baekhyun’s face is dejected despite the beautiful weather outside.

“What’s bothering you, Baekhyun-ah?” The teacher asked as she placed her things on the table.

“My music sheet is missing. The one I’m playing everyday.” Baekhyun frowned and started to weep.

That’s how sentimental Baekhyun is. Even if it’s just a piece of paper, if it’s really important to him, he would do anything just to find it and keep it.

“Now, now, Baekhyun-ah. Stop crying. We’ll find your music sheet.” The teacher smiled while rubbing soothing circles on Baekhyun’s back in hopes of calming him down.

Baekhyun wipes his tears away and sighs. He smiles at his teacher and asked if they could just start. Baekhyun plays and the teacher smiles at the fact that Baekhyun gets better and better everyday. He hopes Baekhyun finishes the song he’s composing. But first, he needs to find that music sheet.

~*~*~

 

“Baekhyun ah, it’s 12:00 nn. Would you like to have lunch?” The teacher asked.

“No. I’m fine. I’m not hungry anyway. You go on and eat, teacher. I’ll just stay here.” Baekhyun smiles.

“Okay. Suit yourself.” The teacher smiled and left the room.

Baekhyun was still bothered about his sheet. The song’s not finished yet and he doesn’t want anyone to see that. He sighed heavily and hit random piano keys indicating his anger and frustration. He runs both of his hands to his head, almost tearing out his hair. Then suddenly, he heard the door creak open.

“Um, the door’s left unlocked so I thought that I can go inside…?” Chanyeol said rubbing his nape awkwardly.

Baekhyun’s eyes grew wider and glared at Chanyeol since he can’t scold him. Baekhyun raised his index finger and pointed at the door.

Chanyeol was flustered. “What? You want me to go back and knock?”

Baekhyun nodded.

Chanyeol sighed and went back to the door and knocked before he opened it.

“Now, may I come in?” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun smiled a bit and raised his thumb for approval.

“Sorry for yesterday. I actually startled you. I didn’t mean to disturb your session.” Chanyeol apologized, not receiving any response. Why isn’t he speaking?

“I’m Chanyeol and oh. By the way, I believe this is yours?” Chanyeol asks and pulls out a music sheet out of his bag, handing it to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun glanced at the paper and ran towards it, immediately snatching it from Chanyeol’s hands. He caressed the paper and looked at Chanyeol with eyes that ask, “How did you get this?”

Chanyeol seems to get the message and answered nevertheless.

“You dropped it yesterday.” Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun placed the music sheet in his envelope and put it in his bag for safety. He doesn’t want anyone seeing it again.

“So, where’s my thank you?” Chanyeol chuckled.

Baekhyun glared a bit and grabbed a piece of paper before scribbling ‘THANK YOU! ^^’ and faced it to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled but his curiosity got the best of him so he asked Baekhyun.

“Why aren’t you speaking?”

Baekhyun scribbled something on the paper he was holding. “I’m mute.” Of course he told him what he says to everyone: He’s mute.

“Oh. But you’re one lucky mute, Baekhyun ssi. Because you’re talented.” Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun was shocked.

“How did you know my name?” He motioned.

Baekhyun waves his hand in front of Chanyeol, having forgotten that Chanyeol might not understand him and writes something on the paper.

“No. It’s okay. I understand sign languages.” Chanyeol smiles. “I read your sheet. Your name was written at the bottom of the sheet.” He added.

Baekhyun’s eyes grew wider. “You read my sheet!?”

Chanyeol started to panic. He noticed the sudden change in Baekhyun’s mood. “Why? Am I not supposed to? I’m sorry! I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun sighed. There’s nothing he can do now. He already read it. He can’t be angry at this man in front of him. He didn’t know. So it’s not his fault.

“You can go now. I still need to continue my work. Thank you.” Baekhyun motioned.

“A-Ah. Yes. Okay. Bye.” Chanyeol said and left the room.

Baekhyun shook his head and continued playing his piano.

~*~*~

 

By afternoon, Chanyeol smiles knowing that he’s going to see Baekhyun all the way up to his house. He walks happily as he sees Baekhyun in front of him. He knows where he’s headed to. Baekhyun seems to have radar somewhere in his back that he senses someone behind him. He grabs the pepperspray from his sling bag and turned around, ready to spray. Chanyeol was shocked. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and released his pepperspray.

“Why are you following me?” Baekhyun motioned.

Chanyeol chuckled and placed a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“I also live in this area.”

At Chanyeol’s response, Baekhyun blushed. It’s not his fault he thought that Chanyeol’s following him.

“You’re still going to the orphanage, right?” Chanyeol asks, hands holding the straps of his backpack as they walked.

“How did you know?”

“I also saw you yesterday when I was walking home.” Chanyeol said.

They walked side by side silently. Chanyeol finds it hard to open up a topic to talk about. Their silence was cut off as Baekhyun’s phone beeped.

From: Jina noona

Baekhyun ah, could you come home early? I’m not feeling well. No one’s going to manage the bakery. Please come home. I cooked your favorite food.

Baekhyun sighed and pushed back his phone in his pocket as he walked straightly.

“I’m not going today. I have to go home early.” Baekhyun motioned to Chanyeol.

“What’s wrong?”

“My sister’s not feeling well.”

Baekhyun continued walking faster leaving Chanyeol behind. Baekhyun loves his sister so much. She’s the only family member left. Their parents died of a plane crash when they were coming home from China.

“Bye! See you tomorrow!” Baekhyun smiled as he entered his house.

As Baekhyun entered the house, he was welcomed by Jina’s coughing. He shakes his head and kisses his noona on the cheeks.

“The dinner’s in the kitchen.” Jina smiled.

Baekhyun walked off to his room and dropped his bag on the floor. He changed his clothes and headed to the kitchen to eat his dinner. After he ate, he proceeded to their bakery.

Baekhyun likes to bake. He likes baking pastries for their bakery and sometimes he bakes for the children at the orphanage. It’s normal for Baekhyun to have a golden heart. He puts everyone else first rather than himself; like it’s okay for him to starve just for his sister or anyone else to eat.

It’s 7:00 pm and Baekhyun decides to close the bakery and go back home. He plans on baking chocolate chip cookies – Baekhyun’s favorite – to bring tomorrow at the orphanage since he didn’t go today. Instead of bringing candies, he decided to bring cookies. Kids like pastries so Baekhyun concludes that they will love the cookies.

~*~*~

 

Before 12:00 PM, Chanyeol was at the music room carrying a bag. He waits for Baekhyun to come in. He sits and waits and stands up when he hears the front door creak open. It’s Baekhyun. As usual, carrying his sling bag and envelopes of music sheets. He notices Chanyeol and surprise was evident in his face.

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asks.

“I heard you’re not eating lunch.”

“So?”

“I’m here to eat with you.”

“What?”

“Just come here and sit. I put a lot of effort on preparing this so you have to eat.”

Baekhyun blushed at Chanyeol’s concern for him. He faced down trying to hide his reddening face and grabbed a chopstick.

“Go on. Eat.” Chanyeol chuckled while eating.

As Baekhyun took his first bite, he was enchanted. It was delicious. He ate some more until he finished his plate. Chanyeol was grateful that Baekhyun liked his cooking. He’s going to do this everyday. Because Baekhyun was eating faster, he got food stains at the end of his lips. Chanyeol wiped it away and everything went slow motion. His heart was beating faster as Baekhyun was smiling, flashing his precious eyesmile.

“Thank you!” Baekhyun smiled brightly as he motioned to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled back and cleaned the table, not leaving any trace of food. He smiled again as he made his way to the door, ready to leave.

“See you later, Baekhyun ah.” Chanyeol smiled.

Chanyeol concludes that he likes Baekhyun.

Yep, he likes him.

~*~*~

 

“Dude, are you okay?” Jongin asked.

Chanyeol was smiling for the nth time today. It bothered his friends so much.

“Of course I am.” Chanyeol replied with a chuckle.

“What’s running in your mind?” Kyungsoo asked.

“You know Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks.

“Oh. The mute from the music room? Well, yeah. Why?” Sehun asked.

“Could it be?” Luhan chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows.

“No.” Chanyeol blushes.

“We should meet him.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“After class, maybe.” Chanyeol smiled.

~*~*~

 

Baekhyun walks out of the music room happily. He’s looking forward to walking home with Chanyeol today. He looks at his wrist watch. He was startled when an unfamiliar voice called him.

“Baekhyun ssi!” Kyungsoo chuckled.

Baekhyun was glued to his place, shocked on why Kyungsoo was calling him. He was relieved when he saw Chanyeol walking towards him.

“Don’t be scared, Baekhyun ah. They’re my friends.” Chanyeol smiled and grabbed Baekhyun by his wrist as they went to the group.

“This is Baekhyun. Baekhyun, these are my friends.” Chanyeol smiled.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Sorry I startled you. This is Jongin, Sehun and Luhan.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Nice to meet you.” Baekhyun motioned.

The group stood there, dumbfounded, not being able to understand what Baekhyun just said. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and Chanyeol just smiled. Chanyeol motioned to Baekhyun that says, “They don’t understand sign languages.” And both of them chuckled, leaving the group still dumbfounded.

“He said nice to meet you.” Chanyeol finally says.

“Ohh! Nice to meet you too!” Kyungsoo chuckled.

They spent the afternoon talking about random things with Baekhyun laughing and laughing (soundless, of course). For him, it was definitely great to have friends like. He was grateful that he met Chanyeol or else, his whole life would be cold and lonely. When the clock strikes 5:00, Baekhyun bid the group goodbye and told them that he still has to go and visit the orphanage because he didn’t visit yesterday. Chanyeol walked with him, as Baekhyun predicted.

As they were nearing the orphanage, Baekhyun pulled out a box of cookies and entered the orphanage happily.

They were surrounded with cute little children, eager to see their ‘daddy’.

“Appa, why didn’t you visit yesterday?” A cute little boy questioned.

“My sister was sick. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun motioned as he smiled and ruffled the younger boy’s hair.

“Who is he, appa?” A cute little girl asked, her bangs almost covering his cute mocha eyes.

“He’s my friend.” Baekhyun smiled as he looked at Chanyeol. “I brought cookies!”

The kids crowded him and got a piece of cookie from the box. Chanyeol was just standing in the corner, watching as the kids ate their cookies cutely. He didn’t realize Baekhyun was coming towards him. Baekhyun nudged him slightly with the box, urging him to get the last piece of cookie.

Chanyeol picked up the cookie and smiled at Baekhyun. Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol and chuckled at how cute the kids are. As Chanyeol was eating his cookie, he was crowded with kids, pulling his hands, urging him to stand up.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked.

“We want to play with the new appa!” A little boy chuckled.

Chanyeol was grabbed by the hand, dumbfounded as Baekhyun laughed at his cuteness. Baekhyun watched them as they played hide and seek and all kinds of games. Chanyeol ended up being some sort of monster and chasing around kids. The kids ran while laughing and screaming. Chanyeol managed to catch one cute little girl and grabbed her and placed her in his back. The girl circled his small arms around Chanyeol’s neck, while Chanyeol holds her legs so she won’t fall. The other kids must be jealous so they were asking if they could also ride at Chanyeol’s back. Chanyeol was obliged to do so, so he put the little girl down and took another kid to ride in his back. There were so many of them so Baekhyun decided to join in and took a kid to ride in his back. It went on like that for the night.

When it was already 7:00 in the evening, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were laying down on the grass, panting and sweat running down their faces. They tilted their heads to the side, facing each other and chuckled.

“I never played with kids like this.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“I knew you’d like it here. That’s why I spend most of my time here.” Baekhyun motioned.

“The kids must love you a lot.” Chanyeol said.

“Of course!” Baekhyun bragged while chuckling. “Now they love you too.”

“Come on. Let’s bid our kids goodbye so we could go home.” Baekhyun smiled and stood up.

Chanyeol doesn’t know why but he blushed when Baekhyun mentioned ‘our kids’. He stood up and followed Baekhyun.

“Kids. Chanyeol appa and I are going to go home. We’re going back tomorrow.” Baekhyun smiled as gestured.

“Bye bye.” Chanyeol chuckled.

The kids surrounded them again and hugged them before they left. The girl Chanyeol carried on his back earlier kissed him in the cheek and Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled and stood up, heading to the gate.

“Be good to the sisters, okay?” Chanyeol chuckled and the two of them left.

~*~*~

 

It went on like that for the next few months. Chanyeol bringing Baekhyun some lunch and eating together at the music room. After class, staying in some café and talking all afternoon with the group. And then Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s date visit at the orphanage.

As each day passed, Chanyeol kept falling for Baekhyun. Same goes for Baekhyun. It’s not bad to start off with some skinny love before going on to the real thing. Chanyeol was visiting Baekhyun’s house and bakery just to see Baekhyun’s face. Jina must be so supportive for them because she keeps on inviting Chanyeol over. Chanyeol managed to get Baekhyun a ring, couple rings to be exact, to symbolize their love for each other.

“Why is your sister smoking?” Chanyeol asked one time when they were going home.

Baekhyun sighed. “It keeps her going. I don’t even know how a cigarette does that.”

“Isn’t that bad?”

“Well, technically yes. But there was a time when she stopped smoking and she was sick for a week.”

“Is that even possible?”

“I think so. It happened so I guess, yeah.” Baekhyun shrugged. “I want her to stop though. But I don’t think I can.”

“Why?”

“Like I told you, that thing keeps her blood flowing. She says it’s like a drug. It keeps her alive. The reason why she has strength when she’s working.”

“Do you want me to tell her?”

“No. No need.” Baekhyun smiled.

 

When the both of them arrived at Baekhyun’s house, Chanyeol was invited by Jina inside for some drinks. Chanyeol wasn’t thirsty but he accepted the offer anyway.

Baekhyun went upstairs to rest. He said he’s tired of playing piano all day. So he left Chanyeol and his noona alone.

Chanyeol thought of opening the topic they talked about earlier.

“Why don’t you try to stop smoking?” Chanyeol suddenly asked out of the blue.

“What?”

“Why don’t you try? Don’t you think it’s bad for your health to continue that?”

Jina chuckled. “Well yes, but I’m not dead yet so there’s no problem.”

“Yet. You’ll get pulmonary diseases. What will happen to Baekhyun if the unexpected happens?”

Jina stops and thinks for a minute. She can’t even imagine Baekhyun being alone. She can’t leave his brother alone. She just can’t.

“I’ll try, Chanyeol. I’ll try.” Jina smiles a bit and squeezes Chanyeol’s hand in assurance.

~*~*~

 

For the next few weeks, Baekhyun was confused as to why his sister stopped smoking. He was worried because she might get sick again but Jina assured him that she’ll be fine. Baekhyun tried offering her a pack of cigarettes (even though he doesn’t want to) but Jina just smiled and threw the cigarettes away. It felt new for Baekhyun. Jina never denies those. No more unpleasant smell of smoke in the air. He can finally breathe in properly. He can’t deny the fact that he’s happy somehow. But he’s still worried.

In the midst of his piano lessons, his phone beeped.

Baekhyun expected it to be Chanyeol. Since Chanyeol messages him almost every minute.

When Baekhyun read the text, his eyes widened. He bid his teacher goodbye and zoomed out of the room.

This is what he’s worried about.

That afternoon, when Chanyeol walked inside the music room, he didn’t hear any music. Baekhyun’s not there. The room is empty. He started sensing something was wrong.

 

 

Baekhyun hurries to the hospital, wanting to see his sister. He was asked to just wait and sit while her sister’s inside. He sits and waits while tears streamed down his face. His phone kept beeping and as he looked at his phone, he sees 21 missed calls from Chanyeol and 37 unread messages. He read each messages and most of it contains the same texts.

From: Chanyeol (4:50 PM)

Baek, where are you?

From: Chanyeol (5:02 PM)

Baekhyun, seriously where are you?

From: Chanyeol (5:11 PM)

Baek, where are you? Why aren’t you answering my calls and texts?

From: Chanyeol (5:20 PM)

Please answer. I’m getting worried. TT__TT

From: Chanyeol (6:00 PM)

Baek, I’m going home first. Meet me first thing in the morning tomorrow, okay? I told our kids that you’re sick and you can’t come. Please be safe.

Baekhyun sighed and shoved his phone back in his pocket and clasped his hands, facing the floor. Afterwards, he heard the door open and he stood up, meeting the disappointed eyes of the doctor.

“So?” Baekhyun inquired.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Byun.” is the only thing the doctor said but Baekhyun already knew what he meant.

Tears escaped from Baekhyun’s eyes. He went back home, not knowing what to do. He’s now lonely. He’s alone. He ran to his room and wept harder. He threw all of his things away. He sat on his bed, knees bent closer to his chest while hugging a pillow. He buried his face in the pillow and there he wept.

~*~*~

 

Weeks passed and Chanyeol and Baekhyun haven’t seen each other since Baekhyun’s sister died. Chanyeol was clueless on what’s happening. Baekhyun never bothered to tell him.

Chanyeol enters the music room and sees Baekhyun’s teacher with another student. Chanyeol was worried and confused. What happened to Baekhyun?

“Excuse me, where’s Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks.

“He hasn’t been going to school since two weeks ago.” The teacher replied.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. He stopped going to school since his sister died. He told me he’d be leaving school for weeks because he’s still mourning about his sister.”

Chanyeol snapped. Jina died. So that explains it. Chanyeol zoomed out of school and headed to their bakery. Chanyeol sees an unfamiliar face and Baekhyun wasn’t there.

“Excuse me, where’s Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun’s helper.

“Why?”

“I’m his friend. Where is he?” Chanyeol asks again.

“He’s at home.”

Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun’s house and went straightly to his room. There he sees Baekhyun, sitting on the floor, facing the wall and crying. Chanyeol rushed to him and hugged him from the back. Baekhyun was surprised so he instantly stood up and let go of Chanyeol. Chanyeol was walking towards him and Baekhyun was backing away.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Chanyeol asks, eyes sparkling from the water threatening to escape from his eyes. It hurts him to see Baekhyun like this.

Baekhyun wept harder. Every time Chanyeol would attempt to pull him, he would push Chanyeol’s hand away. Chanyeol can’t bear to see Baekhyun crying so he managed to pull Baekhyun and hugged him tightly, ignoring Baekhyun’s protests of letting him go. Chanyeol never released Baekhyun so Baekhyun surrendered from the other man’s hug.

He placed Baekhyun to his bed, lulling him to sleep. He kissed Baekhyun’s forehead and lay down beside him, patting Baekhyun’s side until he fell asleep.

~*~*~

 

By the next morning Baekhyun wakes up, he sees Chanyeol beside him and feels an arm wrapped around his waist. He sat up and it succeeded to wake Chanyeol up.

“Baek, you’re awake.” Chanyeol says, rubbing his eyes with his balled up fists.

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun gestures.

“Baekhyun, please. I care about you. I can’t just leave you like this.” Chanyeol says as he reaches for Baekhyun’s hands, but Baekhyun refuses.

“Leave.” Baekhyun motions.

“No. Baekhyun I-“

“Leave!” Baekhyun motions angrily.

“B-Baek, w-why are you like t-this? I can’t leave you. I love you, Baekhyun. I won’t leave you.” Chanyeol stutters.

“You told her, didn’t you?” Baekhyun motions, tears streaming down his face.

“B-Baek, I just wanted to help.” Chanyeol stammered.

Baekhyun threw Chanyeol a pillow. “I told you not to! It’s the only thing that keeps her alive! Never interfere with my life, Chanyeol. I barely knew you! We just met a few months ago and you’re acting like you knew every detail of my life!”

Chanyeol started to weep at Baekhyun’s words. He didn’t know Baekhyun would act like this. He was just trying to help. But he guesses it didn’t work.

Baekhyun removes the ring from his finger and hands it over to Chanyeol.

“Leave.” Baekhyun gestures.

“B-Baekhyun ah…”

“LEAVE!” Baekhyun cries harder.

He watched as Chanyeol stands up and heads to the door with his head down, crying. As Chanyeol exited the door, Baekhyun cried harder.

All day and night, Baekhyun has been crying.

~*~*~

 

Baekhyun has another reason not to talk. He stopped talking since the day their parents died. He doesn’t know why he chose not to speak. He has nothing to say anyway. He has no one to talk to. Well, he had.

His sister and people from the orphanage are still waiting for the day Baekhyun starts to speak again. It’s not that they heard Baekhyun speak, but they would love to hear him. Baekhyun also complained about being tired of using sign languages but he just complained. He never stopped doing it anyway.

 

Baekhyun was back at the music room after a month much to his teacher’s relief. He’s been missing school a lot and he has to catch up to his lessons.

“How are you, Baekhyun ah?” The teacher asked.

“I’m fine.” Baekhyun smiled a bit.

“Good to hear.” The teacher smiles. “Then shall we start?”

Baekhyun nodded.

 

When Baekhyun’s class finished, he walks out from the music room and heads home. He happens to pass Chanyeol’s room from the same building and he didn’t see the giant. He sighed and continued to walk. He had his head down that he didn’t see someone coming his way. He bumped onto him and Baekhyun dropped his things.

“Oh! Sorry!” The person said.

Baekhyun froze. He knew that voice. Chanyeol.

“B-Baek?”

Baekhyun looked up to him. He noticed his crestfallen eyes. Baekhyun didn’t bother looking into his eyes anymore because it would hurt him more and snatched his things from Chanyeol’s hand.

“Baek, please. Let’s talk.” Chanyeol said and grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist.

Baekhyun didn’t fight back and allowed Chanyeol to drag him. Maybe because he also missed Chanyeol.

Afterwards, they arrived at a familiar place. The music room.

“Baek,” Chanyeol started. “I miss you. I’m sorry if I interfered. I never intended to. I just want to help you. I want to make you happy. But I guess it didn’t and I’m sorry about that. I know that I contributed to Jina noona’s death but Baek, please forgive me. I can’t bear a week without seeing you. I know it’ll take time for those wounds to heal. Baek, I’m here. I’ll lend you my shoulder. Just don’t leave me Baek.”

Baekhyun didn’t even realize that he was now crying.

Chanyeol walked towards Baekhyun in two long strides and hugged him. This time, Baekhyun didn’t reject his hugs. Instead, he hugged him back.

Chanyeol released from the hug first and took hold of Baekhyun’s shoulders. He cupped Baekhyun’s cheeks and wiped his tears using his thumbs.

“Stop crying.” Chanyeol said.

But Baekhyun continued to cry. He cried even harder. He realized what he did was wrong. It was definitely wrong. It was wrong to push Chanyeol away. He was just carried away with his feelings. His noona told him that she loves him but she left him in the end. He thought Chanyeol would do the same so he pushed him away.

“I’m sorry.” Baekhyun gestured.

“No. Don’t.” Chanyeol said. He leaned forward and planted a kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and leaned to Chanyeol’s touches. Chanyeol connected their foreheads and looked at Baekhyun’s closed eyes. Then his eyes travelled down to Baekhyun’s lips.

He didn’t have second thoughts and he kissed Baekhyun.

Much to his surprise, Baekhyun kissed back.

Chanyeol’s left arm came to wrap around Baekhyun’s waist and the other on the back of his neck to deepen the kiss. Baekhyun’s hands came to tangle Chanyeol’s soft locks.

Both were panting when they released from the kiss. They were silent for a few moments and Baekhyun suddenly smiled.

Chanyeol smiled back and kissed Baekhyun again. This time, his touches were serious. His hands roamed all over Baekhyun’s body. Baekhyun knew where this is going. He backed away a bit until his back hit the door. He reached for the knob and locked it. Then he reached for the switches and turned off the lights.

Both of them walked towards the corner of the room and Chanyeol started ing Baekhyun’s uniform. Then he proceeded to remove his own uniform. He slowly laid Baekhyun down with him following on top. He sensed Baekhyun’s tense aura so he leaned down and captured Baekhyun’s lips in his.

“I haven’t done this either.” Chanyeol smiled. “Let’s just take this slowly.”

Baekhyun just nodded.

That night, Chanyeol’s moans reverberated throughout the whole room and of course, Baekhyun’s silent moans. Skin slapping against skin was evident in the room. When Baekhyun and Chanyeol came, they were panting very hard. Chanyeol collapsed on top of Baekhyun.

“I love you Baek.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun didn’t respond but Chanyeol thinks he already knew the answer.