Part Four (Goodbye)

Tough Love

"What's all that noise?" Min Woo got up from his bunk, slipping on some slippers and walking out; only to see Chanyeol yelling harsh words in Kang Jun's face.

"I should've seen this coming." Min Woo scratched the back of his neck; "Yah! You two, stop it!"

Chanyeol turned around, shaking his head; "I'm sorry hyung, but I can't."

 

Sung Woo came running down the stairs; "What's going on here?"

Kang Jun rolled his eyes, "Your little protector is here Chanyeol." he mocked.

Chanyeol clenched his fists; so close to punching him in the face.

"Chanyeol, you can't do this to your image." Sung Woo tugged on his arm; only to be surprised by his reaction.

 

Chanyeol jerked his arm away, shaking his head.

"My image was ruined long ago." he glared at Kang Jun, "I'm sorry to the fans; but I'm sick of acting like someone I'm not because it's so unfair!"

Kang Jun sighed, "Perks of being an idol huh?"

Min Woo pushed Kang Jun's chest, "Shut up now would you?"

"Whatever." Kang Jun spat, he turned to Chanyeol; "You can take Nana; her voice is pretty irritating after a whole day anyways."

After that last statement, Kang Jun left the room and slammed his bed room door shut.

 

Dong Wook was next to come downstairs; carefully not trying to bother Seho in his sleep.

To all their surprises; the girls were the deepest sleepers in the whole house.

 

"Chanyeol, you need to calm down." Dong Wook grabbed in by the shoulders; sitting him on the couch.

"How the hell do you expect me to calm down when I have to watch the girl I've fallen in love with get hurt over and over and I can't do anything about it because of a fcking image?" Chanyeol shook his head, "I'm done with this bull sht." he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Minwoo asked.

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks, turning around half way; "I might as well start packing up all my things now."

 

---

 

Sung Woo followed Chanyeol into their room and closed the door once he got inside.

"Chanyeol, please explain to me what's going on." He sat on his bed, watching him pack his clothes into his suitcase.

Chanyeol had too much respect for Sung Woo to talk back to him; "I couldn't handle it anymore hyung."

Sung Woo could hear the pain in his voice, "Hey, will you sit down for a second?"

Chanyeol let go of the hanger he was holding and walked over to his bed; staring at Sung Woo, trying to hide his eyes.

"It's hard to understand where you're coming from when you don't talk to anyone Chanyeol." Sung Woo told him.

"It's complicating." Chanyeol mumbled, "Nana is too good for Kang Jun; he doesn't deserve her, at all."

"Do you have a reason to say so?" Sung Woo asked.

Chanyeol fiddled with his thumbs, "He's cheating on her hyung. He's cheating on her with the actress Kim So Eun. And Nana has been having a hunch about it for awhile now. I'm the only one who's seen her cry repeatedly over and over because of it."

"Kang Jun is cheating on Nana?" Sung Woo raised his eyebrows in shock, "I never knew he'd be that type."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, "People surprise you hyung."

Sung Woo noticed the bitterness in his voice; "Hey Chanyeol."

"What?"

Sung Woo his lips, "You're not mad just because Kang Jun is cheating on Nana. You like Nana too, don't you?"

Chanyeol remained quiet, looking at the floor.

"If you like Nana, why don't you tell her?" Sung Woo wondered.

"It's not how it used to be hyung." Chanyeol answered, "Nana & I are both in idol groups. Don't get me wrong, I love being in EXO; but being restricted to everything is seriously the worst feeling in the world. I can never really tell anyone how I feel; especially when it comes to Nana."

Chanyeol looked back up; before speaking, a small smile crept on his face. "But I do like her hyung, I like her so much. Her smile just makes me forget that I practiced for 12 hours straight, her laugh is like a song I want to forever keep on repeat, and her personality is enough to brighten up the room on a dark day. I want to be there for her whenever she needs me; I want to hug her when she's feeling down. I want to be able to walk out of this room and tell the whole world that I love her. But, I can't." Chanyeol held back his tears once again, "I can't because I'm not even living in a real world anymore. My entire life as an idol has been fake, made up, and most of all; not the way I wanted it to be. If I ever had the chance to redo this, I wouldn't hesitate to start all over and choose a different path. As much as I do love performing for the fans, as much as I love the fans, as much as I love my group members; how can I continue on when I don't like the person I'm becoming as I stare at myself in the mirror every morning?"

 

Sung Woo was more than lost for words after hearing Chanyeol finally speak up. He's never heard someone talk about some in the most loving way; but feel so much pain at the same time.

 

Chanyeol stood back up; not waiting for him to respond. "I'm going to continue packing." he walked into the closet, but turned back around; "And can I ask for a favor?"

"What is it?" Sung Woo asked.

"Please don't tell Nana about my feelings; and why I left." Chanyeol nodded his head.

Sung Woo wanted to contradict because he didn't understand why he would want to hide it; but he knew he wouldn't get past Chanyeol that time.

 

---

 

Nana woke up the next morning; everything the day before was just a blur.

But one thing was for sure; she needed to thank Chanyeol.

She got out of her bed; not bothering to put any proper makeup on and proceeded to walk to Sung Woo & Chanyeol's room.

 

"Good morning!" she chirped.

Sung Woo allowed her to come in; he was tying his hair in a pony tail at the time.

"Where's Chanyeol?" Nana looked around the room; noticing it was more spacious than usual.

Sung Woo looked down, "He's gone Nana."

 

---

 

He's gone Nana. Nana repeated those words in her head as she walked through the hallways of the house.

"Why would he leave?" she asked herself; bumping into Dong Wook right as he walked out of his room.

 

"Oh, Nana." Dong Wook smiled, holding her by the shoulders to prevent her from falling back.

"Oppa." Nana faintly smiled, "Do you know why Chanyeol's stuff isn't here anymore?"

Dong Wook opened his mouth, closing it again. He grabbed her hand and walked to his room; closing the door.

 

Nana pouted, "That didn't answer my question."

Dong Wook pointed at the bed, "Take a seat for a second."

She nodded her head, narrowing her eyes as she took a seat on his bed; "What's going on oppa?"

He turned back around, "I wasn't supposed to tell you any of this because Chanyeol begged all of us; but I can't sit here and watch you walk around aimlessly like that."

"What do you mean?"

Dong Wook sat beside her, holding his hands; "First tell me the truth Nana, is Kang Jun really cheating on you?"

Nana looked down at her hands in shame; she nodded her head, "I've been having thoughts about it for awhile now. But since I liked him so much, I wanted to believe it wasn't true."

"Nana, you know you never deserve someone who doesn't treat you the way you should be treated; which is a princess." he smiled, getting a little laugh out of her.

She rolled her eyes, "I cried enough yesterday; I'm a big girl and I can get over that eventually."

Dong Wook smiled, happy that she always kept a positive mentality; "Kang Jun doesn't know what he missed out on."

Nana smiled again, loving how caring Dong Wook was to her; and all the Roommate girls. "Okay, sorry to change subject; but you haven't answered my question about Chanyeol yet."

Dong Wook looked at Nana again, "It's best if this doesn't come out of my own mouth. Watch the broadcast tonight; and all your questions will be answered."

 

---

 

Nana pouted her lips, walking down the stairs again; All your questions will be answered. she repeated in her head, "What does he mean by that?"

 

"Oh, Nana, you're here." Soohyun greeted her, "Are you feeling better?"

Nana smiled, thankful she had a roommate who cared so much for her; "Much better."

 

"I've got a photo shoot today; so I probably won't be home until later." Kang Jun walked out of his room; saying goodbye to Min Woo, who was still lying in bed.

 

Nana turned around at the sound of his voice; and when their eyes made contact, it was like every ounce of awkwardness and pain was thrown right at them.

Kang Jun pursed his lips, coughing, "Nana."

He acts as if nothing is wrong; I can't believe I wasted so much time liking him. Nana thought, "Kang Jun."

He stayed put, waiting for her to say something to him; but to his surprise, she didn't.

 

Before Chanyeol spoke to her last night, she wanted to give him every ounce of anger in her body; but after speaking to him, she realized that guys like him weren't even worth her words.

Silence was always the best method.

 

Nana turned back around, proceeding to eating her breakfast. She smiled up at Sora, "What'd you make?"

 

Kang Jun received glares from the rest of the cast and just decided to leave without saying goodbye to anyone else.

 

Seho & Gayeon looked at each other; as did Soohyun, Sora, & Sung Woo.

 

"I don't like bringing this up; but you are one really strong girl." Seho complimented her.

Nana smiled, sitting beside Dong Wook; "Chanyeol helped me realize that he wasn't worth my time in the first place."

They all smiled, seeing her genuinely happy again was all they could ever ask for.

 

"And Sora unnie." Nana looked over at her.

Sora perked up, "Yeah Nana?"

"I'm really sorry."

Sora looked at her, "Why are you sorry?"

Nana took a deep breath, "You were the one who said that you believed Kang Jun wasn't a good guy to begin with; I should've believed you from the beginning."

"That's nothing." Sora gave her an assuring smile, "Love is a trial process & you go through tough times; but I can guarantee that better people are waiting for you."

 

"Those people are closer than you think." Sung Woo mumbled.

"What was that?" Nana looked at him.

Sung Woo's eyes widened, surprised that she heard him; "Oh, I was thinking out loud."

Nana nodded her head, looking around the table; she only wanted to see one person that morning. Chanyeol.

 

---

 

"Chanyeol, you don't have to do this." Lay stood up, waving his hands saying it was okay.

Chanyeol shook his head, returning items that were given to him from all the members. "I feel like I've let you all down; and this is the least I can do."

He walked towards Kai, "I know you always tried your best to teach me ballet; but it just wasn't my thing." he reached into his bag, giving him his ballet slippers back.

Kai slowly reached out for the item; holding back his tears.

Tao was already crying, being the emotional member he was, "You can't just leave Chanyeol." he said through broken words.

Chanyeol sighed, "After tonight's episode is broadcasted, I'm going to be kicked out of the group; and company probably too. It's better to just get prepared earlier." he faked a smile, walking to Baekhyun.

"To one of my best friends, thanks for always letting me wear your jewelry." Chanyeol opened up his bag again, pulling out a box with rings and necklaces.

Baekhyun couldn't even find the courage to look up at Chanyeol walking around the dorms preparing himself to leave the group they took forever to form a family-like bond with.

 

"And lastly, Kris hyung." Chanyeol turned around, looking at Kris; who was the most upset person out of the whole room.

 

Kris always tried to play that tough-guy image; but deep down, he became just as sensitive as Tao. He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, his face in his hands.

 

Chanyeol had to look up to prevent himself from crying. Out of all the EXO members, him & Kris had that special bond that was almost impossible to break.

He smiled down at him, the room in absolute silence.

 

"The EXO M's cool guy, my best friend, someone I look up to, and a guy who has become more than a brother to me. You've never given me material items; but moral lessons. Everyone sees you to be a selfish guy who only cares about his looks; but getting to know you, I've learned you're so much more than that. You care for us more than anyone out there and if anyone deserves to be successful, it's you. I could go on forever on how thankful I am to have met you; and I hope my departure from this group doesn't affect our friendship." Chanyeol finally ended his spiel; causing all of EXO to finally be in tears.

 

While he was talking, Kris couldn't find the courage to even look up. He tried so hard to hide the tears that wanted to fall; and now it was all coming out at once.

Kris stood up; grabbing Chanyeol and hugged him with everything.

"Please don't go."

Chanyeol heard the desperateness in his voice and that only broke him some more.

"I will visit you guys and be at every concert I can attend; I just won't be performing with you all anymore." Chanyeol hugged him back.