Part Two (Not Fair)

Tough Love

"Dear Kang Jun,

       Thanks for the amazingly beautiful flowers you sent to my house; I love them. You're seriously the sweetest and I hope that we can see each other when you're free. I miss you, stay safe in the house.

                                 Love, So Eun"

 

Chanyeol read the letter silently beside her; just wanting to take it and rip it apart.

He knew Kang Jun would end up playing with Nana and he wished he could do something about it.

But he just couldn't.

 

Nana wiped her face, feeling a little tear fall down. She forced a laugh, waving the letter and putting it back into the envelope; "This is probably from awhile ago. I know that they're really good friends now."

Chanyeol heard the pain in her voice by the way it cracked.

"Come here." Chanyeol opened his arms wide for her to come in for a hug.

Once Nana got into his arms, she began to cry some more.

He closed his eyes, rubbing her back; "I'm sure Kang Jun will be able to explain himself." Chanyeol lied.

 

No one knew if Kang Jun really was cheating on Nana or just really good friends with So Eun; but one thing was for sure, he was already hurting Nana.

 

After a couple minutes, Nana pulled away from Chanyeol; wiping her face, and his shoulder with her hand; "I'm really sorry about that."

Chanyeol smiled, "That's no problem. You should probably get some rest; you look tired."

She nodded her head, slowly walking up the stairs.

 

Chanyeol stayed back to wash the leftover dishes.

Before Chanyeol went into his own bedroom, he stopped by Nana's room to make sure she fell asleep peacefully.

Once he heard her light snores, he smiled and quietly entered her room.

He lifted the blanket from the end of the bed and covered Nana to make sure she wasn't cold.

Chanyeol moved some hair out of her face and smiled at her again, "Sleep tight, angel."

 

---

 

Before anyone knew it, it has been 1 month since Nana & Kang Jun confessed their feelings for each other and the start of intimacy between the two.

 

"Do you guys plan on doing something today?" Soohyun asked through bites of her food; looking up at Nana & Kang Jun, who only had eyes for each other at the table.

 

Chanyeol was sitting beside Min Woo, who was right beside Nana.

He thought back to that night where she found the letter, wondering how she seemed so fine around Kang Jun; as if that letter was absolutely nothing to her.

But he was thankful that Nana was happy again; because that's all he wanted.

 

Kang Jun quickly turned away from Nana; looking at Soohyun, "I just want to spend some time with her here. After all, we do have the house to ourselves."

Nana blushed, and she only blushed harder when Kang Jun stole a kiss on the cheek from Nana.

 

"Awuh!" Gayeon covered , "You two are precious."

 

The only people at the table who seemed bitter about Chanyeol & Kang Jun as a couple; were Chanyeol and Min Woo.

 

No one still was aware of Chanyeol's feelings; as he did quite well bottling them up.

As for Min Woo, he knew the side of Kang Jun no one else did. He felt like an older brother to Nana and didn't want her to get hurt. He made a pact with himself that he would keep an eye on Nana & Kang Jun as much as he could.

 

---

 

Chanyeol finished up his food, wiping his face; "Thanks for the breakfast Sungwoo hyung, I ate well. But I have to go to practice now." he got up from the table, about to leave.

"Chanyeollie!" A high pitched voice called after him.

Chanyeol turned around, narrowing his eyes as he saw Nana following him; "Yeah Nana?"

She looked around to make sure no one saw, "About the letter that one night; can we forget that it even happened? Kang Jun & I talked and he said that it was just him being a good friend; and I believe him."

He nodded slowly, trying not to hint the fact that he was upset; "No worries."

"Thank you." Nana whispered, "And thanks again for comforting me that time though; I really did need it."

Chanyeol gave her an assuring smile, "It's fine."

 

"Hey Nana," Kang Jun walked over the front door where Chanyeol & Nana were, "Sorry to cut in, but would it be okay if I take Nana away from you?"

Nana turned around, walking straight into Kang Jun's arms; letting him wrap his left arm around her waist, "I'm just gonna go take a quick shower and meet you in your room."

She kissed his cheek; waving goodbye to Chanyeol.

 

Before Kang Jun left for his room, he gave Chanyeol what seemed to be a little glare.

But that little glare meant much more to Chanyeol. It had meaning.

As if he was saying, Look at Nana one more time, and we'll have a problem.

Chanyeol forced a smile before closing the door and finally leaving.

 

Kang Jun & Chanyeol were somewhat close at the beginning of the show; but as the show progressed, their friendship didn't. When Nana admitted that she did have feelings for Kang Jun, Chanyeol started to distance himself away from him because every little thing about him just made him mad. Nana wasn't able to see through him; but he could. He knew that Kang Jun was nothing but bad news to Nana; but it would've been pathetic to tell Nana that when he had absolutely no proof to use against him. All Chanyeol could do was just hope they ended things with one another before Nana experienced even more pain.

 

---

 

"I got something for you." Nana came into Kang Jun's room with a box wrapped nicely with a bow on top.

Kang Jun chuckled, "What is it?" he wondered, patting the spot on his bed beside her for her to sit down.

Nana sat beside him, swinging her feet as she got up on the top bunk; "Just open it."

He held the box, shaking it her see if he heard any sound. "It's kind of heavy." he said.

After a couple minutes, he finally got the wrapping undone and pulled out a picture frame with every single photo they have taken together since the filming for Roommate began.

"Wow," He said amazed, "I never realized how many pictures we took together." he laughed.

Nana nodded her head, "I looked through my entire phone gallery to find all of those. That ones my favorite." she pointed to the center.

It was a picture of her & Kang Jun looking at each other from across the table; stolen, but perfect.

Kang Jun smiled, setting the picture frame down beside him; "I got something for you too."

He jumped off the bunk, reaching into his closet on the top shelf. "It's not that much, but it is something."

Nana smiled when he handed her the box; she blushed as she began to take out the tissue paper inside.

Once she saw what it was, she couldn't help but grin from ear to ear; "These are beautiful."

She pulled out a pair of diamond stud earrings that shined brighter than anything else in the world.

Kang Jun leaned on the bed panel; watching her reaction with a hidden smirk.

Her face was just like So Eun's when I gave her the same exact pair. He thought, nodding his head; "I'm sure they'll look beautiful on you."

 

---

 

Practice has already been going on for around 5 hours and Chanyeol had yet to say a word to any of the members; even the managers themselves were beginning to notice how quiet he was being. It's been almost 3 weeks since he's exchange real conversations with the members.

Once they were released on break, Chanyeol took a seat by the wall and his backpack.

He was supposed to be focused on their major concert coming up, but there was only one thing on his mind; Nana.

 

Why did he like her so much?

What were her & Kang Jun doing at the time? Did he even want to know?

 

"Yah Park Chanyeol." Kris approached the younger boy, sitting right next to him.

Chanyeol avoided his gaze and turned the other direction; "I'd like to be alone; if that wasn't obvious."

Kris nudged him, "Look, I'll be the bigger man and apologize on behalf of all of us; we did kind of forced it with the jokes."

Chanyeol sighed, he knew he wouldn't be able to resist his best friend; no matter how hard he tried.

He finally turned back to look at him, "Fine, you're forgiven."

"Finally!" Kris grabbed him and put him in a headlock, "I couldn't stand my best friend hating me."

Chanyeol pushed him off, "Yah, you're messing up my hair."

Kris rolled his eyes, "Are you sleeping at the dorm today or are you going back to the Roommate house to see your precious Nana?"

"I literally just forgave you three seconds ago for teasing me and now you wanna piss me off again?" Chanyeol spat, half joking.

Kris gave him a sheepish smile, "What are friends for?"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, looking at the ground; "I'll sleep at the dorm tonight; I doubt I'll get to see Nana tonight anyways."

"What do you mean?" Kris wondered.

Chanyeol sighed, "Today's Nana & Kang Jun's one month since Kang Jun confessed; and honestly I'm fcking annoyed."

Kris pursed his lips, nodding his head; "I'm sorry bro."

Chanyeol shook his head, forcing a smile; "Don't sweat it. Things are better this way."

"If you're thinking about the fans, then yeah. But if you're thinking about yourself, you know damn well you don't wanna be feeling like this." Kris told him.

 

Chanyeol knew what Kris said was true; but what could he do now? She clearly liked Kang Jun and he liked her back. Chanyeol was stuck in the friend-zone.

 

"Well the fans are what are important to us, right? When I chose to be an idol, I also chose to sacrifice my own feelings for the sake of everyone else's happiness." Chanyeol looked at his hands.

Kris heard the pain in Chanyeol's voice; he wish he knew how to help him, but it was true. Being an idol wasn't easy; especially when real feelings were becoming involved.

 

---

 

The house was quiet, besides the fact that all anyone could hear was Kang Jun & Nana in his room doing things couples do.

 

Min Woo scratched his head, looking at Gayeon across the table; "I wanna go to bed and Nana's still in there."

Gayeon laughed, "What are you going to do? Kick her out? Sleep on the couch today, I mean, today is a special day for them."

Nana's only gonna get hurt. Minwoo shook his head, "I don't like Nana being with Kang Jun."

 

Gayeon repeated his words in her head, I don't like Nana being with Kang Jun. she pouted, Did he like her?

"Why does their relationship bother you so much?" Gayeon asked, slightly jealous.

Minwoo shook his head again, biting his lip; "She can do so much better."

Gayeon raised her eyebrows, "So you like Nana huh?"

Minwoo narrowed his eyebrows, looking at Gayeon suspiciously; "Is our little Gayeon jealous?" he smirked, pinching her nose.

She swatted his hand away from her face, "I'm not jealous because I don't care." she lied.

He rolled his eyes, flashing his signature dimple at her; "There's nothing to be jealous of anyways, because I don't like Nana. I like someone else."

 

Gayeon looked down, biting her lip in embarrassment.

Out of all the guys in the house, only Minwoo made her feel butterflies in her stomach.

 

---

 

Nana looked at the clock, "Kang Jun, it's already midnight."

Kang Jun chuckled, "Time flies huh?" he kissed her cheek.

She blushed, touching the spot he just kissed. Without another word, she jumped off his bunk; waving goodbye, "I'll see you in the morning."

"Wait," Kang Jun jumped off, smirking at her; "You can't just leave without kissing me." he swiftly wrapped his hands around her waist; pulling her body closer to his.

Nana smiled up at him, "We've kissed enough Kang Jun."

"I don't think so." Kang Jun winked, leaning down to kiss her without hesitation.