Part Three (Confrontation)

Tough Love

"Yah, I'm going to bed and I don't care-" Min Woo barged in, only wanting to throw up at the sight in front of him.

Nana pulled away from his lips, letting go of him in embarrassment. She bowed to Min Woo, giving him an awkward smile; "Uhm, hi Min Woo."

Kang Jun scratched his head in frustration, "Good timing man."

 

If Kang Jun wasn't playing with Nana feelings, Min Woo would've felt bad that he walked in on them making out. But he was planning to hurt her, so he could care less what he thought about him.

 

"You should probably head back to your room." Min Woo told Nana, without looking at her.

"Yeah." Nana answered, quickly getting out.

 

---

 

The next day was everything but romance and sweetness between the two.

 

Nana knocked on his bedroom just to be informed that he had already left; without even saying a word to her.

Min Woo got up, "He said he would be gone all day; he's out filming that mini-drama with the rest of 5urprise."

She nodded her head, slumping around the house.

 

On that day, Nana didn't have any schedules; Kang Jun was too busy to bother, Soohyun had a press con to attend, Gayeon was training with Min Woo, Seho was filming, Sung Woo was out visiting friends, Dong Wook of course had filming, and ever since Sora had admitted to her dislike of her relationship with Kang Jun; they haven't spoken to each other.

 

"Chanyeol!" Nana raised a finger, knocking on Chanyeol's door.

"Chanyeol? Chanyeol?" Nana pouted, completely forgetting that he didn't even come home last night because he chose to rest at his actual dorms that day.

 

Nana made her way down to the kitchen, finding herself to be stuck at the house by herself; once again.

She looked around like a clueless puppy; trying to think of endless things that could amuse her.

 

"I guess I can watch TV." Nana sat in the living room, grabbing the remote while she moved around into various positions to make herself comfortable.

 

"Actor/Model Seo Kang Jun and Idol Nana of the infamous girl group After School have been the hottest topic lately." A reporter began.

 

Nana sighed, "Can't even watch TV without seeing myself and honestly it's just annoying now." she was so lazy she didn't bother to change the channel.

 

"After their confessions to each other a couple episodes back became a trending topic, it seems like their one month of being mutual together only got hotter. Episode 20 was filled with cuddly, sweet, and romantic moments shared between the two while they had the house to themselves."

 

Nana leaned forward; curious as to what the reporter was going to say next.

 

"People are beginning to wonder if their relationship is purely for TV or for real; so we decided to take this question out to the streets." The TV changed screens to a lady out in the middle of the busy streets of Seoul, who approached younger adults to talk about their intake on Nana & Kang Jun as a couple.

 

"I personally believe they're real. I mean, why bother to pretend to be a couple on TV? I see no point in that."

"They have to be real. I've shipped it ever since the first episode when Kang Jun said Nana was his ideal type. They make the perfect visual couple and their personalities balance each other perfectly."

 

But of course, there were people who tended to disagree.

 

"It's definitely scripted. There's no "real" show in the Korean TV world; let's be honest. Kang Jun is too stupid to get a girl like Nana; and frankly, Nana could do so much better."

 

Nothing hurt Nana more than the last person the reporter interviewed.

 

The girl first started with a laugh, rolling her eyes and shaking her head; "You think that bs relationship is real? Couple bracelets are tacky as hell and who the hell does Nana think she is to get a guy as handsome as Seo Kang Jun? She's filled with plastic surgery and a fake personality." The girl rolled her eyes again, "Everyone knows that Kang Jun is still with So Eun, so I'll be praying for Nana that she knows that she's only getting played."

 

After that, Nana turned off the TV; crying into her arms.

 

---

 

Chanyeol walked into the house; expecting it to be empty, as it always seemed to be now-a-days.

But to his surprise, when he walked upstairs; he only saw Nana crying in her arms once again.

 

"Nana?" Chanyeol set his bags down, walking towards her on the couch; "Are you okay?"

Nana refused to look up, wiping her eyes in her sleeves once more; "I don't know what to believe anymore."

Chanyeol stared up at the TV; seeing that she paused on a picture of Kang Jun & Kim So Eun.

He shook his head, This is the second time you fcked up Kang Jun. I'm not letting it reach the third.

 

"Jinah, look at me. Please." Chanyeol got in front of her; holding her arms, "Nana, please."

Nana slowly looked up; her mascara smeared the side of her face.

Chanyeol reached out and wiped it off with his thumbs; giving her a sincere smile, "No one is worth your tears."

"I should've seen this coming, I'm so stupid." Nana covered her face once again; only to be pulled into a hug by Chanyeol.

He rubbed her back; I hate seeing you like this. Chanyeol let go of her, looking at her again; "Hold on one second."

 

Chanyeol left Nana, turned off the TV, and approached the directors. He asked for permission for the time he's spent with Nana not to be filmed and asked for the cameras to be turned off until later that night; or at least until someone came home.

Thankfully, the directors let him have his wish and let Nana & Chanyeol be left alone.

 

"Come with me." Chanyeol grabbed Nana's wrist and pulled her up; taking her downstairs.

He sat her down in the dining room and told her to stay.

She stared at the wall; holding back all her tears, "What am I doing here?"

Chanyeol smiled at her, thankful that she was finally really talking to him again; "I'm baking you a cake."

"What?" Nana looked at him weirdly and he just winked; continuing with his cooking.

 

---

 

Nana watched Chanyeol suspiciously, turning away whenever Chanyeol would turn around and look at her to make sure she didn't leave.

 

Once the cake was finally baked and finished; Chanyeol took it out of the oven and transferred it to a plate, walking over to Nana.

"Tada!" Chanyeol clapped his hands, setting the cake down in front of her.

Nana looked down at the cake; and she couldn't help but let out a little laugh after all the tears she has let out. "What is this?"

Chanyeol smiled again, "A cake that was baked from the bottom of my heart." he laughed, "All I wanted was a laugh or smile out of you; and that's what I got."

Nana bit her bottom lip; completely forgetting about Kang Jun's existence at the time. "You're a really great guy Chanyeol. I'm thankful to have met you."

A great guy who will forever be friend-zoned. Chanyeol smiled back at her, moving hair out of her face; "And you're a great, amazing, beautiful girl Nana. You deserve nothing but laughs and smiles, because you have the power to brighten up the room you're in."

"Chanyeol.." Nana got up; hugging Chanyeol with everything she had.

Chanyeol closed his eyes, hugging her back. If I'm only a friend to you, that's what I'll be. And I'll be the best at it.

 

---

 

With their time alone, Chanyeol chose to play some Disney movies; after all, those always cheered girls up right? Well thankfully it did.

Chanyeol laid beside Nana on her bed; and slowly, she started to get closer to him. Within a couple minutes, her head was leaning on his shoulder.

"You seem like you're getting tired." Chanyeol told her. Not getting a response.

He leaned over and looked at her, smiling. Chanyeol looked up at the clock; it was almost 7pm and she was completely knocked out. He slowly crept out of her bed, trying his best not to disturb her; the rest of the cast should be coming home soon.

 

Chanyeol spoke with the directors again, and just like that, the cameras were turned back on.

 

---

 

"Home!" Dong Wook, Minwoo, Gayeon, Seho, Soohyun, Sung Woo, and Sora came walking in.

Chanyeol tried his best to fake a smile and bow to all of them; looking around to see if Kang Jun was with them as well. "Is Kang Jun with you guys?"

 

Seho shook his head, "He texted us saying that he'll probably be home in an hour or so; why?"

Chanyeol faked another smile; "Nothing, just wondering." he lied.

He walked towards Soohyun, "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure." She smiled, following him into the living room; "What's up?"

Chanyeol scratched his wrist, "Nana's asleep right now. Erm, she wasn't feeling well when I got home and I just want you to make sure that she's doing okay."

Soohyun touched his shoulder and smiled in awe, "That's really sweet of you to do, Chanyeol. Is that why you asked if Kang Jun was home?"

"Uh," Chanyeol started, then he thought it'd be better if he just played along with it; "Yeah." Even though Kang Jun is the last person Nana should be seeing.

 

---

 

Chanyeol walked into his room, only to be surprised by Sung Woo already situating himself in bed.

"Ah, hyung." Chanyeol bowed again; sitting on his bed.

Sung Woo sat up, "Hello Chanyeol," he gave him a warm smile, "What'd you do all day?"

Chanyeol pursed his lips, "The usual. Practice, practice, practice."

"There's a cake that was baked downstairs; was that you or Nana who did that? Because it tastes quite good." Sung Woo complimented.

Chanyeol chuckled, surprised that they even bothered to taste it after how ugly it looked; "I did hyung, baking's just a secret hobby of mine."

 

---

 

After about half an hour of conversing with one another like brothers; Sung Woo had begin to fall into a deep slumber, while Chanyeol remained wide awake.

 

He wasn't letting Kang Jun get past him that night; no matter what.

Nothing else mattered to Chanyeol except for Nana at the moment and he felt that he was going to explode when he made contact with Kang Jun.

Which is exactly what happened.

 

---

 

At around midnight, Chanyeol heard the front door open up. He knew the only possible person it could be was Kang Jun himself.

He slowly crept out of his bed, trying his best to not wake up his roommate; who seemed to be way off into dream land by then.

Chanyeol put on a sweatshirt, quietly making his way down the stairs; just to see who he had expected.

 

"Ah, Chanyeol." Kang Jun took off his shoes; flashing a quick smile, "Why are you still awake? I heard you got home early today; I'd  think you probably wanted some sleep."

Chanyeol shook his head, "Do you think I'm stupid?" he began with a whisper.

"Excuse me?" Kang Jun gave him a confused look, "I didn't say anything like that."

Chanyeol bit his lip, "Let me change that, do you think Nana's stupid?"

Kang Jun raised his eyebrows, "The hell does Nana have to do with this? And what the fck are you talking about anyways?" he took his jacket off; looking straight into the tall boy's orbs.

 

Chanyeol had tried his best to keep his words at a whisper; but his blood was boiling so much that he just wanted to scream into his face.

 

"Where did you come from?" Chanyeol questioned again.

Kang Jun let out a scoff, crossing his arms over his chest; "What's up with all the questions? Are you taking over that little program Dong Wook & Seho wanted to do? What is this joke?"

Chanyeol walked closer to him; "You smell like perfume."

Kang Jun pretended as if he didn't already know; "I was with the cast for my drama all day; smells just mix you know."

"Bull sht." Chanyeol shook his head, "When I was driving home from practice, I saw you out and about with your precious So Eun." he mocked.

Kang Jun's fists clenched, he took a step forward; "Well what the hell are you gonna do about it? You can't do sht."

 

Right after hearing that last word, Chanyeol pushed his chest; causing him to fly back into the wall.

Kang Jun was able to compose himself better; he gave him a sly smile, "So what are you really mad about? The fact that Nana is so hung up on me; or the fact that you and Nana can never have your happily ever after?"

 

Chanyeol balled his fists; the anger and hidden feelings inside of him were now ready to be exposed, regardless of what his image was.

 

"I'm fcking PISSED OFF that I have to witness Nana crying herself to sleep every fcking night because she's so hung over a douchebag like you!" Chanyeol raised his arms up in the air, "I thought you were a good guy at first Kang Jun; I had respect for you, especially because you presented yourself to be a great guy. But I was wrong."