Six

I don't wanna be in love!

"Oh! There you are Sehun!" Kai exclaimed happily as he noticed the younger guy leaned up against a wall with his hands on his knees, huffing and puffing trying to catch his breath. 

Baekhyun had just texted him saying that he, as in Baekhyun, had just spotted Kai making his way towards the English department where Sehun just had class. Sehun wanted to avoid Kai way more than he did yesterday because of last night's text asking if he would accompany Kai for coffee and Baekhyun, that little , knew that. 

"A-ah! H-hey th--there Kai!" Sehun panted out, not believing his hyung made him run all the way to his next class where Kai was actually lurking. Sehun cursed the day he let Baekhyun have a copy of his schedule. "What's up?" Sehun asked as if nothing was wrong as he straightened himself out, still breathing a little hard.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked with clear concern as he looked over the younger, though it was obvious that Kai was also using the chance to check out Sehun-- any outsider would have been able to see that because Kai made no attempt to hide it. But Sehun was oblivious and simply shrugged off the older's attempts at getting physically closer.

"Oh yeah." Sehun blew out with a shake of his head. "I just, you know, ended up sprinting a mile across campus."

'Damn it Oh Sehun! You were supposed to lie!' Sehun mentally cursed himself.

Kai looked a tad alarmed. "Why on earth would you do something like that?" The older immediately questioned and Sehun wanted to groan out loud. 

'TO AVOID YOU!' Sehun mentally shouted but he kept his cool, or whatever he had left of his cool, and gave a coded answer. "Um, just running away from someo-thing. Yeah. Just had, to like, get away is all." Sehun nodded his head, half-praising himself for not stuttering like a fool and coming off remotely believable. 

"What were you running from? It must have been something you really wanted to avoid." Kai was thinking for sure it was him Sehun was avoiding however didn't the younger run right to him? Afterall, Kai's classroom is right there around the corner...

Kai was hoping Sehun was trying to make an effort to see him, it would've made Kai's day honestly and it would have meant that Baekhyun was right for once and it was Kai who should have been making more of an effort with shy Sehun. [a/n oh the irony XD] 

"Uuhhh..." Sehun's mind blanked as mental alarms went off telling Sehun to abort mission and run away again! But Sehun couldn't. His legs felt like jelly when he was in such close proximity to Kai and Sehun's heart was already hammering at an unhealthy rapid pace that made Sehun almost believe it was going break through his chest and pound its way far away from Sehun himself. So, the blond said the first thing that popped into his brain. "There was a bug." 

Kai looked taken back for a second before checking to see if he heard right. "A bug?" 

Although Sehun's common sense was shouting at him to abort and just confess the truth the blond was far too embarrassed as it was and instead of just throwing in the towel Sehun ran with it. "Y-Yeah, uh, it was big and gross... And it touched me..." Sehun trailed off, praying to whatever higher being there was that Kai was buying this. 

Kai wasn't sure if he thought Sehun's blatant lie to be offensive to him or endearing. One thing Kai knew for sure though was Sehun's behavior at the moment was both amusing as hell and ridiculously cute. "So you have insectophobia?" Kai inquired for the sake of helping Sehun keep up his charade. 

"Wh-What?!" Sehun looked frightened then and Kai couldn't surpress his laughter enough. Sehun's rarely expressive face was twisted, the younger's eyes were as wide as Kyungsoo's and his mouth was slightly gaped opened. Sehun's eyebrow were both furrowed and arched while the boy himself was clutching one of the straps of his back-pack tightly.

"Insectophobia." Kai repeated himself. "You know, the fear of insects." Kai clarified before chuckling once more as he watched Sehun visibly relax. 

"O-Ohhh... Er, I don't think I do..." Sehun rubbed his neck before adverting his eyes away from Kai. "I---" Sehun started but something behind Kai caught the younger's eye and Sehun's face shifted immediately while his tone went from one of shy nervousness to childishly angry. "Screw you Baekhyun Hyung!" Sehun hollered at the smirking boy who playfully waved to his younger friend. 

Kai turned around and sure enough the older boy was approaching them with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Chen all in tow. "Hi guys!" Kai greeted brightly. This recieved the customary hello's chorused back and for whatever the reason, everyone pretended like they didn't notice Sehun glaring daggers at Baekhyun. They all also pretended like they didn't see Sehun flash Baekhyun the finger and Kai wondered why for a moment. What could Baekhyun have done to anger Sehun in any way and why did everyone else act indifferent? But before Kai thought too long about it Baekhyun started talking.  

"So what were you two discussing?" Baekhyun had a knowing smirk on his face and was rocking back on forth on his heels with his hands in his pant's pockets.

Sehun looked like he might actually tackle Baekhyun to the ground so Kai spoke up before that could happen. "We were talking about Sehun's insectophobia." 

"His what?" Chen's brows were furrowed like how Sehun's were a minute ago.

"It's the fear of insects, but I thought you grew out of that when you were like ten Sehun?" Chanyeol asked, making everyone else look at the youngest. 

Sehun flushed at the sudden spotlight before shaking his head. "I don't have, nor have ever had, insectophobia." Sehun denied firmly despite his rather wavering voice and not-stern facial expression.  

"Then why did you run an entire mile to get away from a bug that only touched you? Most people would just brush it off and think nothing of it." Kai added, starting to actually believe Sehun's lie now that it appeared his friends were bringing to light that Sehun possibly did have a real fear for the many-legged creatures. 

Sehun groaned softly, he seemed to have dug a massive hole for himself. "I guess I overreacted. I don't know." 

And just as Sehun thought he climbed out of the hole, Baekhyun pushed him right down in it again! "Well to be fair Chanyeol it was only butterflies that Sehun would cry about when we were kids." 

Kai and Chen both bursted out laughing then, not being able to help themselves. "B-Butterflies?!" Chen exclaimed. "Wh-what even? Why?!" 

Sehun looked a mixture of downright annoyed and embarrassed. "I was like five alright?! I watched some documentary on them and saw a close-up of their faces which is super ugly and did you know they taste with their feet? That was some creepy to know as a kid!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol started laughing then and the former had to hang unto Chanyeol in order to not fall over. "First off---" Baekhyun started trying to compose himself. "What k-kid watches doc-documentaries?"

Sehun huffed and crossed his arms. "You know my mother only ever let me watch the discovery channel Baekhyun."  

Baekhyun wiped his eyes, apparently laughing so hard he began to cry. "Fair enough." He said before looking to Chanyeol with an expectant face.

"I think Baekhyun wants me to point out the second point. And I think it is: just because butterflies can taste with their feet, it is still incredibly unreasonable for you to ever believe that a swarm of them was going to eat you alive." 

And now is when Kyungsoo finally cracked a smile. He hadn't been laughing before because he aleady knew all of this, having been told the stories when he first started dating Chanyeol, and because he was a bit more mature--- not to mention considerate-- than the rest. But even Kyungsoo had to admit in the end that kid Sehun was a too innocent for his own good, but in a super cute and adorable way. Chen just about lost it and he had to grab his abdomen he was laughing so hard. Baekhyun was still hanging unto Chanyeol and Chanyeol was chuckling under his breath. 

Kai was laughing quietly to himself, learning something new and very unique today about Oh Sehun, but as he glanced over at said boy Kai almost immediately stopped laughing. Sehun looked immensely irked, and all his embarrassment seemed to have washed away by now. 

"I was five! What was I supposed to know?!" Sehun snapped, glaring at his two, so called, best friends.

"You were TEN!" Chanyeol fought back and Sehun rolled his eyes with an animalistic growl. 

"Actually." Baekhyun finally composed himself enough to stand on his own. "You're both wrong cause Sehunnie was seven years old. It was the same year he got so mad at you Yeollie for teasing him about it that he pushed you off the porch and into his mother's rose bushes. Remember? You sprained your wrist from landing on it oddly." Baekhyun jogged the two boys's memories with a nostalgic smile. 

"Oh yeah I do remember that!" Chanyeol said with a grin and as if the metaphoric light-bulb just lit above his head. "Damn Sehun, I forgot how mean you were back then." 

Sehun still looked annoyed but less so now. "Everything I did, you deserved." Sehun defended himself. 

Kai chuckled as he stepped a bit closer to the taller. "I'm sure that's entirely true." Kai said as he reached out and gently patted Sehun's arm. The younger jumped slightly, his eyes widened, and no one could miss how Sehun's cheeks visibly flashed pink.

Without a word Sehun side-stepped, not too much but just enough so Kai's hand could not reach him. "Mhm..." Sehun hummed before he took out his phone, it appeared a bit rude but Sehun was checking the time. "Oh look at that guys. My class starts in ten minutes. I better get going there. You know the saying, being on time is---"

"You have Mr. Hwang next don't you?" Baekhyun called out, making Sehun pause his retreating steps. Sehun glanced over his shoulder but boy, did he wish he hadn't...

"Yeah..." Sehun hesitantly answered, not sure where Baekhyun was going with this. 

"He's out today, you'll see the notice posted outside his room. I had him earlier this morning but he left half-way through cause his wife went into labor." Baekhyun explained. 

"You have got to be kidding me!" Sehun whipped around and gaped at Baekhyun who merely shook his head. 

"Nope." Sehun did not miss the subtle victorious smirk on his face and therefore did not believe the older entirely. 

Sehun narrowed his eyes. "Are you lying to me Byun?" 

Baekhyun faked a gasp and an offended look. "Why would I lie to you?! I was just trying to be nice and---"

"Okay okay, no need to start giving me a lecture." Sehun waved the older off, added with a long, drawn-out sigh. "I gave myself a migraine to finish that damn research paper for nothing." The youngest muttered. 

Seeing this as an open opportunity Kai once again go closer to Sehun, but instead of touching him Kai simply cleared his throat to catch the other's attention. 

As Sehun glanced up he was met with the dazzling sight of Kai's smiling face. "Uh, yeah?" Sehun said in a strained voice, trying his hardest not to stare into Kai's dark orbs in fear that the older may be able to read Sehun's thoughts. Some of them were harmless but most were erted. 

"Since your class got cancelled, want to go out for that coffee I asked you about last night?" Kai offered with that unrelenting smile. 

Sehun's insides twisted and his stomach was doing all sorts of flips it could have been an acrobat. "I don't drink coffee." Sehun said instinctively.

'That's a ing lie! I drink coffee almost every day just to wake the up in the morning!'

"Baekhyun says it's bad for me." Sehun added. 

'Oh God now another lie. He knows! He knows I'm lying now! Stop lying damn it! Just say you don't want to go anywhere with him!' 

Sehun quickly glanced over to his hyung, hoping to God that the older won't throw him under the bus. 

As Sehun mentally pleaded with Baekhyun, the older shook his head with a cheshire grin. And just as Sehun bit his lip, sure as hell that Baekhyun was going to out his lying ways, the older did something surprising. 

Instead of throwing Sehun under the bus, Baekhyun actually...

"I don't let Sehun drink coffee because he gets the s with his sensitive stomach." Sehun looked horrified that Baekhyun actually said something like that! And to top it off when Sehun caught Baekhyun's eye the little er had the nerve to wink at him! Baekhyun's smirk was well set in place when he looked back to Kai. "But Sehun is obsessed with bubble tea, so try taking him out for that." 

...just hit him with a semi-trailer truck -.- ... 

Sehun was no more than one second away from murdering Baekhyun right then and there when he heard Kai's melodic voice ask, "So how about that Sehun? Would you like to go get bubble tea instead?" 

And Sehun felt like crawling in a corner, wrapped up in a soft blanket, and crying. 

"I---" But before Sehun could finish.

"Remember, it's my treat!" Kai said hopeful that that would ensure a yes from Sehun. 

"I---" And once again Sehun was interrupted. 

"I could go for lunch right about now. How about we all go as a group?" Chanyeol suggested. 

"That actually sounds nice!" Kyungsoo chirped, finally contributing to the group conversation instead of just blushing at the little cute things Chanyeol's been whispering in his ear the whole time. "Considering Sehun didn't come over last night, we could all think of this as our weekly get-together instead since now it would be complete." 

"Ohhh can we please do barbaque?!" Chen asked excitedly, practically bouncing. 

"Oh hells yeah!" Chanyeol jumped right in again. And Sehun internally groaned, wanting to slip away during this chaos but he couldn't because Kai somehow got around to touching Sehun's arm again and if Sehun moved even the slightest of bit then Kai would notice. 

Sehun looked over at Baekhyun and glared. This was that er's fault entirely. Sehun wasn't sure how, but he knew it was. 

Baekhyun just smiled, then winked again. "Alright so it's settled then? All of us are going to get barbaque?" Baekhyun stated.

Four nods all around except from Sehun, and that worried Kai who immediately swooped in and tried to ensure that yes once more. "Come on Sehun, you've got to be a least a little hungry! It's almost lunch time and I am paying for you soooo..." When Sehun looked more constipated than convinced Kai bit the corner of his lip, feeling a bit discouraged before a lightbulb lit. Kai leaned in closer to Sehun, his lips ghosting past Sehun's cheek whether the older realized this or not, and Kai whispered into Sehun's ear, "We can even go get bubble tea afterwards, just the two of us." 

Sehun's cheeks inflamed to scarlet and the boy made the mistake of glancing in Baekhyun's direction, and the boy was scowling at Sehun with a look that read: You better ing come! 

Sehun cringed but nodded his head, too afraid of what his hyung may do to him if he rejects Kai's offer. 

"GREAT! So we're all in? Let's go!" Baekhyun cheered, leading the group to the gates of the school. 

Sehun and Kai both noticed how Baekhyun grabbed hold of Chen's wrist and was practically dragging the boy with him. And instead of looking freaked out or annoyed Chen was smiling and giving Baekhyun this unreadible gaze that surprised Kai more so than Sehun. The latter just couldn't believe someone could look at Baekhyun without any hostility, as mild as his usually is, and Kai was shocked because he knew Chen. Chen was one of his best friends, not to mention his cousin, and one thing Kai knew about Chen was he was not the touchy-feely type. Sure he would give hugs and be willing enough to mess around with a arm thrown around your shoulders or waist every now and again, but he wasn't one to really hold hands, or rather in this case let someone hold his wrist. It was just too weird for Kai's mind to process so instead the tan male ignored it. 

Then as Kai adverted his attention he noticed Kyungsoo snuggling close to Chanyeol's side and that's when Kai felt it. That stab of misery in his heart. How he missed having Jessica close by his side like that, or how she used to lead him somewhere just how Baekhyun is with Chen. Kai knew he should forget the girl, and he was trying to because now that they were no longer together Kai realized it wasn't love that they had, only dependence and control. But come on now? It was two years of his life he spent with that girl! Surely it was normal to still harbor feelings for someone, no matter what happened in the relationship.

It was just a brush of soft fingertips on the back of Kai's hand that made the tan male snap his gaze to his right where he was greeted with the sight of a bashful Sehun, timidly trying to walk away with a sheepish smile. 

"Sorry." Sehun mumbled as he tried to speedily catch up to the others.

Kai's mood lifted instantly and he brightened. Something about the younger made Kai's heart flutter and feel butterflies in his stomach, no pun intended. 

"Hey wait." Kai called out as he jogged up next to Sehun, who managed to get all the way next to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo with his long as legs. 

"Wh---" Sehun started but shut up as soon as Kai grabbed his hand and laced his fingers with Sehun's own chilled ones. Kai's hand was warm and the stark contrast of heat made it all the more inviting to Sehun who just wanted to curl his own fingers and grasp Kai's hand tightly. But Sehun didn't act on impulse and instead pretended like it was an accident for Kai to grab his hand. When Sehun tried to pull his hand back though he was unable to, as Kai had tightened his grip whilst sending Sehun a half-pleading look.

"Come on Sehun." Kai teased with his casual bright smile. "Everyone else is holding hands, we should do it too." Kai winked before getting closer to Sehun. 

The younger of the two took in a deep breath, swallowing down the countless creeping blush of that day. "And I suppose if our friends were jumping into incoming traffic, you would also expect me to do it?" 

Kai looked surprised for a second, he knew of Sehun's sarcastic tongue but the boy had never used it with him before. The worst Sehun had done so far was shrug Kai off and given neutral responses. 

"Damn." Chanyeol whistled. "I guess sleeping together really makes two people close. Sehun hardly shows his nasty side to anyone besides Baek and I."  

"Chanyeol." Kyungsoo hissed before giving his boyfriend a small glare for bringing up a sensitive topic like Saturday night.

"I told you Kai was special." Baekhyun called back over his shoulder. 

Sehun grumbled quietly but loud enough so everyone could hear. "I need new friends who know when to keep their mouths shut." 

Chanyeol blew a kiss Sehun's way, to which the younger flicked him off, and Baekhyun turned around just enough so he could stick his tongue out playfully. Sehun scoffed and shook his head, really thinking about who else could he start hanging out with and make his new hang-out group. 

Kai laughed as a sense of pride washed over him, Baekhyun thought he was special in some way or another and he talked to Chanyeol about it at some point and those two were Sehun's best friends which meant that Kai probably had a chance now with him. Not only that but Sehun wasn't pulling his hand away and still allowing Kai to hold unto it! 

"Hey." Kai said as he felt more confident and bumped his shoulder with Sehun's. "Lighten up, they're only teasing." 

Sehun turned to look at Kai, who was grinning that ridiculously white and teeth-rich grin of his that was contagious, and Sehun wanted to hiss out how he knew that his friends were simply teasing him because they were older and Sehun was like their kid brother. Sehun wanted to punch Kai really hard in the stomach for making his own stomach doing crazy flip-flops just because Kai had so much confidence and was holding his hand! Sehun wanted to do a lot but instead Sehun ended up settling on muttering a lame response. And Sehun only did that so he wouldn't feel like he was giving in too much to Kai's infectious affection. Because whether Sehun liked it or not he couldn't hurt Kai intentionally, not in an emotional or physical sense.  "Whatever." 

Kai grinned even more at the weak reply. Sehun seemed to be warming up to him. 

 

~~~

 

Author's Note: Haha okay so I wasn't sure how I got so many words into this update cause I wasn't expected for this to happenXD but it did and now I kind of like where this fanfic is heading now hehe just you wait and see my little subbies! Fluff and fluff-drama is coming your ways! By the way sorry no Minseok this chapter :( I was going to put him in but since there may be more of him next chapter I didn't >.< forgive me?

PS guys~ don't forget to:

Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote if you're loving this :)