Four

I don't wanna be in love!

Kai knocked on the door of his apartment--- correction, Jessica's apartment. A moment later the door opens and said girl is standing there with a scowl on her face. 

"I called you at least fifteen times last night! Why didn't you answer?" Jessica demanded.

Kai looked a mixture of both confused and surprised but then he remembered he didn't even have his phone on him. As far as he knew Kyungsoo still had it in his possession. 

"Kyungsoo took my phone from me." Kai answered simply as he stepped inside the apartment. 

Jessica did not look pleased whatsoever with Kai's response. "Well what did you do last night hm? Are those hickeys on your neck?!" Jessica stepped forward and placed her hands on Kai in order to tilt his head and get a better look. 

Kai stepped out from her grasp and glared mildly at the girl. "Jessica we're broken up, stop acting like a jealous girlfriend because that is no longer your role in my life. You're just my ex now." Kai's words sounded serious as the boy was entirely serious this time. His heart may hurt saying it but he knows deep down this is what needs to be said and done. 

Jessica sneered. "You must be joking right? I mean we were together for two years and now you are just going to ignore that?" 

Kai sighed, the other was not making this any easier on him. "You broke up with me. You have always been the one to break up with me. I'm done with all the bull Jessica, so please just let me get my stuff so I can leave for good."

Jessica gaped and could not believe her ears. Was this really the same spineless man she had wrapped around her finger for years? It almost seemed like it couldn't be and in a shocked state the girl simply nodded and went into the kitchen to sit while Kai went to dutifully pack up his things.

 

It took a couple of hours for Kai to pack up everything that was his. He had to get his clothes, gaming systems, and bathroom supplies. Kai also went in and packed away the extremely nice and expensive china that his mother gave to him as a gift his first Christmas after he moved out despite Jessica's fit about it. Hey, Kai's mother gave it to him, and although at the time Kai didn't appreciate the practical gift he has come to be fond of nice dishes. 

"Okay so are you done raiding my apartment for things you claim are yours?" Jessica sniffed grudgingly. She was pissed about losing the china.

"Just be happy I'm not taking the television that I paid for myself." Kai said as he carried out the box of his belongings. "And the furniture too." Kai's eyes wondered back to his favorite Lazyboy. He adored that chair and was probably going to miss it more than he was going to miss this apartment.

Jessica breathed a sound indicating annoyance as she walked Kai to the door. "Whatever. I guess I'll see you around Kai."

Kai shrugged and gave a neutral response. "Maybe."

 

Kyungsoo was sitting in his car tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He was lending Kai his van in order to move since the younger did not own a car nor had enough money to rent a vehicle. As Kyungsoo continued to hum a popular song to himself Kai came strutting out with the last of his things. 

"That it?" The older asked as Kai stuffed the box into the already crammed backseat. 

"Yeah. By the way," Kai said as he settled himself into the front seat next to Kyungsoo. "Can I get my cell phone back now?" Kai asked with his hand held out waiting for Kyungsoo to give it back. 

Kyungsoo chuckled before nodding. "You'll have to wait for us to get back home. I left it on top of my dresser."

"Okay." Kai pull back his hand and laughed slightly. "I'm living temporarily with you and you already call it my home."

Kyungsoo smirked as he pulled away from the curb. "Well, I don't know what your definition of temporarily is but mine is just a few weeks. With your finacial situation I don't think you will be getting a new place for a while--- definitely not this semester that's for sure." Kyungsoo chuckled. "Unless of course you decide to move in with a roommate then---"

"Nope. Not happening. I refuse to live with someone I don't know." Kai said for the thousandth time in his life. The tan male has explained this since forever to everyone. Kai would only live with people he knows prior to moving in with them otherwise Kai will refuse. Kai 

"I know." Kyungsoo said with a small eye-roll. "I'm not expecting you to and I am perfectly fine with you staying with me and Channie. Neither of us mind at all." 

Kai's smile brightened, he was happy he had a best friend like Kyungsoo. "Thanks Hyung!" 

Kyungsoo chuckled as he pulled into traffic. "No problem Jonggie." The older replied using his old nickname for Kai who immediately groaned--- prompting Kyungsoo to laugh harder. 

 

~~~

 

"Can I get you anything else?" The perky waitress asked as she set Sehun's food down. Sehun did not fail to miss the way the girl was checking him out, and truth be told if Sehun was straight and single then he would have totally been interested. 

But Sehun wasn't straight, wasn't single, and he wasn't interested so the blond just shook his head, dismissing the waitress at once. 

A sigh escaped Sehun's lips as he waited for his boyfriend--- very soon may be his ex-boyfriend--- to show up. But after five more minutes Sehun figured it was hopeless. His boyfriend even managed to flake on the last date they would ever have because truth be told Sehun was sick of feeling unimportant and easily-replacable by his boyfriend. 

Sehun was done with it from the very moment he felt butterflies in his stomach thanks to Kim Minseok...

*Flashback to just a few hours ago*

Sehun was just getting ready to leave Minseok's apartment since it was going on five and he had basically been relaxing in a stranger's apartment all day when just as Sehun reached for the door knob it turned, making Sehun jump, and when the door swung in Sehun backed away. 

"Hey there!" Minseok chirped as he shut the door behind him. 

"Uhhh..." Sehun blanked and said the first thing that came to mind as Minseok started to take off his shoes. "I was just leaving." 

The older looked up with a puzzled expression. "Really? Just because I got home you want to leave?"

Sehun's eyes widened and the younger immediately shook his head and stuttered. "N-No! I-I-I---" Sehun stopped when Minseok started to chuckle. 

"I'm only teasing you Sehun. If you wanna go then that's fine, I'll drive you home." Minseok offered.

"Um, no it's okay. I'll walk." Sehun shook his head not wanting to impose any more than he already has and he couldn't explain how nervous he felt when he was around Minseok right now. Sehun didn't even want to imagine a car ride with him. 

"Sehun, are you being shy with me?" Minseok asked as he playfully moved closer to the younger.

Sehun's cheeks heated up to a bright pink and immediately the blond began to stutter words. "Uh m-may-may-be! I-I-" 

"Come on, I ordered a pizza before I left work so it should be here any minute. Hang out with me for a bit." Minseok grabbed Sehun's hand and tugged the younger to the living to the couch. 

Minseok immediately sat down, pulling Sehun along with him, and reached for the remote on the coffee table. After surfing through a couple of channels Minseok settled on a popular variety show.

"This alright with you?" Minseok asked, earning a small nod from Sehun who looked like an absolute nervous and shy mess. Minseok decided on giving the younger a small break and let go of Sehun's hand finally. 

Instantly Sehun felt a sense of lost and he wished Minseok hadn't let go of his hand since it had been too long for Sehun to even remember the last time his boyfriend held his hand. 

Minseok noticed Sehun's slight pout and whilst chuckling Minseok reached out and pinched Sehun's cheek. "You're too cute Sehun." 

Sehun's brows furrowed and the younger crossed his arms defiantly. "I'm twenty years old, I am not cute." 

Minseok's own eyebrows raised and Minseok made an entertained face. "Oh really now?" 

"Yes really." Sehun firmly answered. He detested being called 'cute'. It made him feel like a child. 

"Okay then, you're not cute." Minseok relented with a smirk and for a second Sehun felt triumphant but then Minseok added, "You're super cute!" 

Sehun growled and his childish side flashed for a second and without a thought the younger reached out and pushed Minseok's arm, not really rough but enough to send the message that Sehun was not happy. 

Minseok just laughed more now. "Aww! Did I make you mad Sehunnie?" Minseok cooed. 

Sehun stuck his tongue out. "You're a mean hyung!" Sehun whined, giving into acting like a child.

Minseok ruffled Sehun's hair playfully before asking, "How did you know I was older than you?"

Sehun was mentally beating himself up before his cheeks flushed and he looked anywhere but at Minseok. "Uh well... I may have snooped through a few of your things today..." Sehun trailed off feeling slightly ashamed of himself for being so nosy. "Sorry..." Sehun mumbled as an after-thought. 

Minseok grinned, thinking that Sehun really was the cutest thing ever. "It's okay Sehun, I half-expected you to do so anyways." 

Sehun looked up with comically sized wide eyes. "You did?! And you just left me here anyways?" 

"Of course." Minseok answered simply. "I did a quick background check and you have no record or anything so why wouldn't I have?" 

"You did a background check on me?" Sehun questioned then.

Minseok laughed. "Not a real one, just stalked your social media sites and things of that nature." 

Sehun stared at Minseok for a moment and belatedly realized that all the tension he held inside had melted away by now. Just as Sehun was going to say something a knock came on the front door. 

"Oh that must be the pizza!" Minseok cheered as he got up from the couch and raced for the door. 

When he came back Sehun had relaxed more on the couch and had taken his shoes off, his reasoning that he might as well be comfortable seeing as he wasn't planning on leaving any time soon now. 

"I ordered cheese since I wasn't sure what you liked." Minseok explained as he set down the box of pizza and a roll of paper towels with two paper plates. "Let me just go get some drinks too. What do you like?" 

"Water is fine." Sehun said as he silently thanked the Lord that Minseok ordered cheese because Sehun was picky and hated anything else on his pizza. 

"Okay, one sec. Go ahead and dig in." Minseok said with a lopsided grin and began to retreat back to the kitchen. 

"Thanks for everything Minseok Hyung." Sehun said as the older came back with two glasses filled with water. 

The older later softly as he settled back onto the couch but didn't say anything. For a while the only noise that filled the apartment was coming from the television. Minseok and Sehun ate in comfortable silence on the couch and they both were okay with that until they were both full. 

"Want to watch a movie?" Minseok asked. 

"Sure." Sehun nodded as he pulled his legs up towards his chest. 

Minseok went to netflix and went straight to his list. "Mind watching a romantic comedy? I'm not really one for them but my friend recommended this one to me a while ago and every time I'm with him, which is like every day, he asks if I have watched it yet." 

Sehun shook his head. "I don't mind." Honestly he was just relieved Minseok didn't want to watch a horror film because whether Sehun liked to admit it or not he was not a big fan of those at all. 

"Awesome!" Minseok half-cheered as he selected the movie and sat back. 

As the movie got to the middle Sehun started to get antsy and it seemed no matter what position he settled into he was not comfortable. 

"You can lay down if you want." Minseok offered as he noticed Sehun's behaviour. 

"Um..." Sehun examined the couch and did a few mental calculations but before he could finish Minseok just chuckled and pulled Sehun down unto his lap. 

"Just settle down and watch, it's almost over." Minseok said with Sehun's head in his lap. 

Sehun stared blankly at the screen, all his thoughts on Minseok and Sehun was hyper-aware of all of the older's actions. A few minutes later when Minseok's hand started to comb through Sehun's hair, a natural response the older's subconscious had to the younger's rigidness, made Sehun stiffen but within thirty seconds had the blond sigh contently and relax entirely. It felt really nice Sehun had to admit and for a while there Sehun forgot that he even had a boyfriend that was not Minseok. 

*End of Flashback*

Sehun exhaled as he broke from his reverie and brought out his cell phone. The blond hardly thought about what his fingers were typing away as his mind continued to linger back to the short and cute, auburn-hair guy who managed to leave Sehun tingly and excited. After the movie was over Minseok and Sehun got to talking about one another and Sehun learned so much about the older boy and vice versa. It was crazy to Sehun how well he connected to another human being and it truthfully felt amazing. 

It was barely more than an hour ago that the older dropped Sehun off at home and Sehun was already missing Minseok. On the other hand it had been over a week since Sehun saw his actual boyfriend and Sehun found that the amount he missed him was nothing compared to how Sehun missed Minseok right now. It was weird and strange but Sehun could not change the way he felt, so it came as no surprise when Sehun looked down and read what he just sent to his boyfriend. Well, now technically his ex-boyfriend. 

 

To: Boyfriend <3 

We're over. Sorry we couldn't work out. Bye for good this time. 

 

~~~

 

Author's Note: Haha okay so I finally updated and the chapter haha really I hate this filler but it's a transition chapter to get other things going so forigve me? XD Also I am so sorry for neglecting this fic for so long, I just got caught up in so much stuff recently :/ but I am back now and will try to update this more regularly now--- probably about once a week haha maybe a bit more if I find the time ^-^ Though don't forget to:

Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote :D