Seven

I don't wanna be in love!

 

"Luhan, what are you doing?" Minseok asked with a skeptical face as he leaned against the entrance to the staff room. 

"Trying to break into your phone." The blond answered distractedly before cursing. "Damn it! Wrong again!" Luhan snapped his gaze up from the electronic device in his hands, to the older across the room. "Why did you change your password in the first place?!" 

Minseok rolled his eyes with an almost annoyed sigh. "Because you keep figuring out my passwords and I don't want you in my phone, for obvious reasons." Minseok emphasized as he strode across the room and snatched his phone back. Luhan let out a childish huff as he crossed his arms. "Why do you want to get into my phone so badly anyways?"

Luhan gave a look as if the answer was obvious. "I want to see what you have been talking about with that hot piece of from the club! It's been half a week already! When are you gonna make your move and claim him---"

"I'm not sure which one you are talking about but either way knock it off right now." Minseok glared. 

Luhan smirked. "So you're still talking to both then huh? And I see your possessive streak coming out, so that means you likeeee them." 

Minseok raised a brow. "It only means that I don't want you calling either Sehun or Kai a "hot piece of " since they are younger than us and it is inappropriate."

Luhan scoffed with a shake of his head. "You had ual relations with them and you're telling me what's inappropriate?" Luhan quirked a brow of his own. 

Minseok groaned frustrated. "I was intoxicated for one, and two I didn't even know how old they were when we did things."

Luhan smirked. "Which in the end may be considered far more inappropriate than anything I will do--- or should say have done. Cause if you're not planning on claiming them, either of them, then what is to stop me from taking a shot as well? After all I am the inappropriate one as you have sort of put it and who is to say that those two delectable boys would mind if someone as stunning as me were to approach them?" 

Minseok wasn't sure exactly what his friend was getting at, but Minseok was damn sure he didn't like it one bit. "Stop. You are forbidden to ever approach Kai or Sehun, they are mine." The words tumbled out of Minseok's mouth before the older boy even knew what he was thinking!

Luhan chuckled though, seeing as his best friend fall right into his trap and it was typical of the blond younger to relish in his victory. "Glad to see you are finally admitting your feelings Minnie, was beginning to think you really were indifferent towards the two kids." 

"Get back to work." Minseok snapped, irritated that he was once again half-manipulated by the Chinese male. 

As Minseok stormed out of the staff room, leaving behind a hysterical Luhan who was laughing his off it appeared, the russet haired male grumbled and groaned to himself. He had been avoiding thoughts about both Kai and Sehun, though not so much as ignoring them since that seemed to be near impossible considering they texted frequently and Minseok found it too hard to not respond. Minseok was clearly thankful that he had not have to face either in person since Sunday because Minseok was so foolish when it came to the two younger men. Minseok knew he said the wrong thing every so often and he knew that when he unjustifiably became jealous over Kai talking about all his admirers in school or Sehun about his exes then that was time to quit for the day.

Minseok wanted to be a responsible hyung to his charming dongsaengs but sometimes that simple duty seemed to be too difficult for the older to manage and Kim Minseok, for the life of him, could not put two and two together to figure out why he was reacting the way he was. Call him oblivious, or write it off as it is too complicated of a situation, but either way Minseok refused to consider the very simple and logical possibility that he was crushing on his dongsaengs. 

Just no way, no how. Minseok was not going there. He was not going to fall for his newly-beloved dongsaengs. He was just not!

...At least that is what the male continuously told himself as the fleeting thought floated around in his subconscious. 

 

~~~

 

Sehun was sitting silently in his seat, sipping on his chocolate bubble tea whilst the conversation at the table moved around him and went in one ear and out the other. 

"And then my professor just threw his dry-erase board's eraser at me!" Baekhyun exclaimed which resulted with everyone besides Sehun to crack up amusedly. 

"Really Baekhyun, you shouldn't argue so much with your professors. They control your grade for the class, remember?" Kyungsoo chided, though he still had an entertained smile on his face. 

Sehun was starting to zone out again, as he had been doing for the better part of this afternoon. 

As planned the group of six went to eat together at a BBQ place that was relatively cheap considering all of them were University students, however in the end it didn't matter because only three of them ended up splitting the bill. Chanyeol paid for himself and Kyungsoo of course; after much arguing Baekhyun finally relented that Chen could pay for him under the condition that next time Baekhyun could pay for Chen in order to save his masculinity--- which made Chen tease mercilessly how Baekhyun wanted there to be a next time--- and Sehun quietly accepted that Kai insisted to pay for him because Sehun found it much easier to do that rather than do a repeat occurance of Baekhyun and Chen's display of "rough affection".

Afterwards Kai reminded that he wanted to take Sehun to get bubble tea when the younger was trying to make a quiet escape from the group, and by doing that their friends invited themselves along again. Only neither Kai nor Sehun minded, the former because with Sehun's friends there it ensured that Sehun wouldn't skip out early and for the latter because with all the chatter-boxes in the group it meant he would not be forced to make casual conversation with the embodiment of beauty itself. 

"Have you been having a good time?" Kai whispered in Sehun's ear which startled the blond. 

"Uh, y-yeah." Sehun nodded hoping his response was convincing.

It was not that Sehun disliked Kai, it was quite the contrary, but Sehun was timid and he wasn't sure how to go about having a crush. Sehun typically dated guys that were bold and dominant, they laid down the law by telling Sehun they were going to go out rather than asking the boy out. It was always fine to Sehun, he always liked the boys he went out with, but Kai was almost entirely different. Looks wise he matched up, he was gorgeous afterall, but personality wise Sehun couldn't get a grip to hold unto, Kim Jongin was just this perfect mix of sweet and considerate...

Sehun was at a lost.

"Would you like for me to take you home?" Kai offered and it was then that Sehun noticed all his friends starting to get up and stretch, it seemed like the "date" was over. 

Sehun chewed on his bottom lip as he began to stand himself. "Um... Okay." Sehun mumbled as he refused to make eye contact with Kai. 

Meanwhile the slightly older boy perked up, expecting Sehun to decline his offer. "Let's go then." Kai chirped happily as he reached for Sehun's hand. Sehun's cheeks inflamed for the uncountable time that day while Kai politely ignored him and turned to Kyungsoo. "I'll see you and Chanyeol Hyung at home later."

Kyungsoo nodded as he cuddled up into the side of his much taller boyfriend. "That's fine. See you later Sehun." Kyungsoo waved to the blond.

Sehun nodded his head of acknowlegement to Kyungsoo and the others before desperately trying to walk away. He was feeling incredibly uncomfortable by now and Sehun just wanted to get away from any and all attention at the moment and hide somewhere. 

But the little detail that Kai was holding his hand seemed to slip Sehun's mind and the older of the two chuckled. "Okay Sehun, I'm coming." Kai said as he let Sehun guide him. "Later guys!" Kai hollered over his shoulder as Sehun tugged him out of cafe they were in. 

Sehun's cheeks got impossibly hotter when his erted mind replayed Kai saying "I'm coming." over and over again and Sehun could not help but to think how else that simple sentence could be used in another context... 

"You're cute when you blush, you know that?" Kai commented as he swung his and Sehun's hands leisurely between them.

Sehun ducked his head immediately before muttering his response. "No I'm not." 

Kai chuckled before poking Sehun's cheek. "Yes you are." 

Sehun sighed, not wanting to argue over something like this. So he said his trademark phrase. "Whatever."

This made Kai laugh harder. "You're so stubborn." The older said but Sehun didn't reply. 

Minutes passed, the two males just walking in the somewhat comfortable silence, before Sehun finally did speak up. "So you're living with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo Hyung now?" 

"Mhm," Kai hummed as he nodded. "For now yeah. I sort of got kicked out of my apartment recently." 

Sehun's eyes widened upon hearing that and the younger turned to the older immediately, worry evident. Kai just laughed before shaking his head. 

"Don't worry, I wasn't late on payments or anything. It's just I was living with my girlfr---" Kai stopped speaking for a second as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he decided to word the rest of his explanation. Kai chuckled as he his lips. "Well now she's my ex-girlfriend, but I was living with her for the better part of the past two years and since we recently broke up she sort of decided to claim the apartment we shared. Resulting with me being homeless in a way and moving in with Soo and Chanyeol Hyung so as I wouldn't pathetically go back to living with my parents." 

After Kai's explanation Sehun nodded his head mindlessly without a second thought.

"I didn't mean that living with parents is pathetic or anything though!" Kai was quick to catch himself, fearing he may have offended Sehun in some way since Kai was aware the younger still lived at home with his parents. "I just meant that for me going back to my parent's house would be pathetic since I swore I wouldn't to my dad who wasn't that supportive of me moving out in the first place." 

Sehun shook his head as he looked up finally from the ground and smiled slightly at the older. "You didn't offend me or anything Kai, no worries." Sehun reassured making Kai take a deep sigh of relief. 

"Thank God. I never know with you and that stoic face of yours." Kai said jokingly, but Sehun blushed anyways and looked away again. Mentally the blond was beating himself down, he was always a little self-conscious about that aspect of himself and had Kai known he would have just kept his mouth shut. "Hey." Kai bumped Sehun's shoulder with his own. "I didn't mean that offensively either. Your face is really pretty like the rest of you." 

Sehun's never-leaving blush deepened before he mumbled under his breath. "I'm a boy douche bag." 

Kai nearly laughed his off from hearing Sehun curse him. "I know you're a boy Sehun, trust me I've seen you and that's all the proof I need." 

Sehun resembled a tomatoe by now but the boy managed to speak without stuttering or any other verbal obstacles. "Boys aren't pretty." Then again he only muttered a weak argument. 

Kai shook his head, still chuckling. "Would you prefer me to call you handsome?" 

Sehun grunted but Kai took that as a yes. 

"Well too bad, I think you're pretty Oh Sehun." Kai recieved a rather rough hit to the arm for that comment but the bronzed male was still grinning. "You're also rather rough for someone who likes to be pampered in bed if I remember correctly--- OW! Stop hitting me Sehun!" Kai chuckled as he rubbed his now sore arm. 

Sehun looked annoyed though. "When are you going to stop bringing up Saturday night?" 

Kai looked puzzled for a moment before he understood what the younger was getting at. "Do you not like me bringing up the time we--"

"Yes I don't like it Kai. It makes me uncomfortable." Sehun quickly supplied before the older could finish his sentence. 

Kai's grin then turned rather mischievous rather quick. "Why's that?"

Sehun sighed irritably. "Because I don't want to think about Saturday night."

Kai looked caught off-guard then. "Wait why? You didn't like---" 

"I just get uncomfortable thinking about last Saturday night okay?" Sehun said as he finally pulled his hand away from Kai's hand. 

"Hey wait a second, Sehun!" Kai called as he tried to match his pace to Sehun's now much faster one. The older boy managed to catch the younger's arm and halt Sehun's advances to get away. "I'm sorry if I upset you, I didn't know you were shy---"

"I'm not shy I just---"

"You're shy." Kai said firmly with a determined gaze, and deep down Sehun knew Kai was right so the boy bit his tongue from arguing further. "I want to be friends with you Sehun, I do. And I get that you're apprehensive because of my reputation, that I must sleep around and that I'm like some big playboy or whatever. Oh and I that I'm a crazy partier and all that other most people think about me. But I'm telling you right now that none of that is true. I go to parties sure but no more than any other college student, and I know my limit. I go to clubs more often, and I only go there just to dance, not to hook-up with a bunch of strangers. Truth is for the past two years of my life I have only slept with three people--- and two of them were this past Saturday night, one of which was you!" Kai revealed. "I was in a committed relationship and was entirely faithful, I'm sensitive okay? I may not show it but I am and honestly I'm okay with you not wanting to date me but I really would like for you to give me a chance and be my friend at least. I'm just as committed to being someone's friend as I am their lover and you can ask Kyungsoo if you don't think I am being serious. I swear I won't do anything to intentionally hurt you Sehun, all I am asking for is a chance." Kai had puppy eyes and everything to convince Sehun. "Please just give me a chance at being your friend." Kai said again as his hand slid down Sehun's arm and reached for the younger's hand once again, giving it a light squeeze as well. 

Sehun raised a brow and looked down at his and Kai's now conjoined hands. Thinking briefly the blond finally responded carefully. "You just want to be friends with me?" 

Kai nodded immediately. "Saturday night was great and I still think you're hot as hell but I'm not the type of person to just expect people to get feelings for me when they hardly know the real me. So let's be friends and get to know one another Sehun because even if you never catch romantic feelings for me I think we can be pretty great friends, don't you think?" 

Sehun his drying lips as he thought over all of the older's words. The problem was that Sehun had already caught romantic feelings for the slightly older but it would be a cold day in hell before Sehun admitted that out loud. "Do you promise that you're not just trying to play with me? Because I have had enough of others fooling around with my emotions and I swear that if you turn out to be a jerk I won't ever forgive you---"

"Sehun I swear I don't have any ill-intentions." Kai pleaded.

Sehun bit his lip as his eyes downcasted. "Okaaaaay then I guess---"

"You won't regret giving me a chance Sehun! I promise you won't!" Kai exclaimed as he scooped Sehun up in his arms and hugged the younger tightly. 

"K-KAI!" Sehun gasped, blushing profusely and stuttering embarrassingly. "We have to set some rules up first!" Sehun announced desperately.

"Hm?" Kai hummed as he set Sehun back on his two feet. Seriously, Sehun was taller but Kai was definitely the stronger of the two. "Like what?" Kai asked as he sent Sehun a curious gaze. 

"Well, for starters..." Sehun trailed off before he coughed and stared at his shoes. "You can't be so touchy with me." 

"Why?" Kai immediately asked. 

"Because I'm big on personal space and not so big on people invading mine." 

"But I like to touch my friends, physical contact is big for me." Kai argued with a slight pout. 

Sehun half-groaned before rolling his eyes. "You can still hug me every now and then but like, just keep your hands to yourself mostly. It's not that hard Kai." 

Kai made a sound that resembled a dying whale to Sehun. "Ugh fineee! BUT! I wanna be able to hold your hand whenever I feel like it." 

Sehun narrowed his eyes. "That defeats the whole purpose of the rule Kai. I like my space, it's nothing personal." 

"And I like to touch my friends Sehun, that's nothing personal." Kai chuckled. "I've always been a touchy guy, ask Kyungsoo. Growing up he had to basically drag me everywhere because I would refuse to let go of him sometimes." 

"I believe it." Sehun groaned softly as he thought about this. He didn't want to show his absolute no-compromise stubborn side to Kai just yet when the older was making such efforts to befriend him. So Sehun sighed, deciding to relent a bit more. "You may hold my hand with permission." 

Kai perked up. "So as long as I ask, I can hold your hand?" 

"I have to say yes, but yeah basically." Upon Sehun's response Kai deflated once again. 

"What if I really want to hold your hand, but you say no?" 

Sehun was going to shout that Kai couldn't hold his hand then, because how hard was that to get?! But Sehun refrained from doing so after noticing Kai's adorable pout. "You can have a free pass every month to hold my hand without permission." 

Kai smirked, noticing Sehun giving in a little. "How about a free pass every week instead?" 

Sehun pursed his lips, his patience wearing down. "Three per month and that's the most I'll go." Sehun said firmly. 

Kai beamed. "Deal!" 

Sehun rolled his eyes before muttering. "You're such a child." 

Kai laughed as he shrugged. "Any other rules you wanna run by me?" 

Sehun nodded. "Yeah, no talking about the time we uh---" Sehun haulted his words momentarily coming up short on what to say. "No bringing up Saturday night anymore, okay?" 

"Are you really that shy Sehun? We had oral with one another and another really hot guy, what's so bad---" Kai stopped himself. Sehun looked a little bit irked but mostly mortified--- his face was bright red and Sehun refused to make any sort of eye contact. "Okay so you are that shy. My bad. I'll be sure to put a filter on myself from now on." 

Sehun seemed to relax some after hearing that. "Thank you." 

"No problem." Kai answered instantly. "Any more rules?"

Sehun shook his head. "Nope, only those two." 

"Awesome!" Kai cheered. "I think we're going to be great friends Oh Sehun. Don't you agree?" Kai asked as he and Sehun began walking once again, the former swinging their hands as he did earlier. 

Sehun hummed. "I guess." Sehun was hoping that they would be, and hoping that he wouldn't regret befriending Kai. But only time will tell. "Whatever you say Kim Jongin." 

 

 

 

Author's Note: So such a lame ending I know >.< Ughhh I got lazy sorry ;v; anyways to clear up some things everyone the poll I had posted earlier was only for a oneshot I am writing~ NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS STORY!! Haha some of you were confused which is okay, I just wanted to clear that up now. Also reminder everyone: I PROMISE A HAPPY ENDING OKAY?! Don't stress too much over this haha and lastly, to all who have upvoted THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH! <3 I love you all and I'll try to update again in couple of days ^-^