Remembering Our Last Celebration

"Left Here Waiting For You"

 

I walked for about 15 minutes and now I saw it, our secret meeting place. I hope he still cares about it like how I do. I sat on the grass looking at the beautiful scenery... “It still hasn’t change..... Since a year ago” I said smiling to myself, I just stared at the beautiful city that was in front of me. I closed my eyes as I remembered our happy moments together.

.........................................................

*Flashback*

Today was absolutely perfect! I didn’t get much homework. Everything went well and to my surprise, my classmates didn’t tease me like they usually do! What a Perfect day to start the school year.

I got home and went straight to my room. “What could it be?” I said as I open the wrapper. When I opened it, there was a medium sized teddy bear hugging a heart saying ‘Forever Best Friends’ there was also an album, I opened it and to my surprise, there was all of the pictures that we took from the day we met. And, there was a letter in a purple envelope. “Hehe, you really know me well” I said while opening the envelope. There was a ‘smile first’ written on the back of the letter. I read it and my eyes started to get teary....

 

My Dear Haejung,

I hope that you were in perfect health when we were on vacation. Have you had a good time with your parents? I know I did. Say hi to your parents and brothers to me! Hope you’re happy with the first day of school although we’re in different classes.

Did you know that it’s been 4 years since we met? Time really flies so fast. Do you remember how childish we were all this year? I always laugh and smile when I remember those times. I hope we can always be friends till we are in our old days. Hahahaha.... So, I have a present for you.

Well all those things I got for you are my gifts. Hope you keep it with you and never lose it.... So I just wanted to say one thing well maybe a few things... It’s a promise actually, I just wanted to tell you as a good friend I am. Hahahaha! So, here I go.

I, Kim Jonghyun. Here by promise to be a good friend to Park Haejung until we grow old no matter where we are! I also promise to be there for her in good and though times, to be her shoulder to cry on. The person that she can tell every little secret and promise to be by her side when she needs me and be a loyal and honest friend.

Hahaha! To formal right? But that’s it I hope you don’t cry and say that I’m so sweet and caring! But I know I am. So this is all I wanted to say. So goodbye for now, hope you’ll always be happy and don’t hesitate to call me if there anyone hurting you. Also we can’t keep secrets from each other.

                                                                                                                                                          Your Best Friend,

                                                                                                                                                                        Kim Jonghyun.

 

I decided to call him afterwards and luckily he answered cause it was past his bed time.

“Hey” we both said and giggled

“Have you seen it?”

 “Yup! So understanding! How did you know I wanted an album?” I said cheerfully

“Well I am your friend! Hey did you read the letter?”

“Yeah! I did. But will you keep it? You promise?” I asked him curiously

“Of course! You know me! I don’t break promises” I knew he was sincere cause of his tone.

........................................................

I saw the tree that we would lay down and tell our stories together and laugh, cry and comfort each other. I was surprise that all of the pictures we hang on the branches were gone and only the strings were left..... but there was only one picture left and that was when we celebrated our 6th anniversary as BFF’s. How happy we were back then and the expression on our faces was not the same like now, we were happy and enjoying the time we shared not knowing what was going to come in the future.

I took the picture and held it. I remembered the day we celebrated our 6th anniversary... here under the tree it was the most precious moment in my life.

...................................................................

*Flashback*

Yay! It’s our 6th anniversary since we became friends or more accurately BFF’s! I was really happy I felt that I was on cloud 9! I was happy that he was there when I went through though, happy and sad times. He would always tease me saying I was a cry baby but I just let it slip cause that was one of the reason I could be happy again. We would still study and play together like we used to.

I was happy when I knew that I had to move because I was moving to his neighbourhood so that means we would be neighbours! I just moved 2 months ago! I was so happy now; I had everything I wanted, my great family, a great school and a fantastic friend.

“Hey! Do you remember what day is today?” I asked while looking at the scenery of the city from our secret meeting place. “Of course!” he was busy with the tree again. “Monday” he said “ouh! Right, how forgetful am I?” I said sarcastically while forcing a smile.

“Hey! Don’t be sad! Of course I remember what today is” he said taking the space beside me. I just ignored him and just said “really? How do you know I’m sad?” I said coldly looking at the birds flying above us. “I’m your best friend remember?” he said and I just stayed quiet. He was signalizing me to go to the tree and I looked back and was shocked. “Happy 6th anniversary!” HE said with open arms. There were all the things I liked and also a cake saying ‘Friends Forever!!’ I stand beside him looking at a carving that said ‘Jonghyun&Haejung, BFF”s till forever!” I was tearing with joy in my heart “and here” he showed me a phone charm which wrote ‘JH+HJ BFFS’ on it, it was stared shaped.

“Aw... thanks but I just got you this” giving him a Star Wars book that I picked out with my mom while we were shopping. “It’s okay! I love it. You know I like Star Wars do you? You really know me” smiling the killer smile that my friends fall for. We had a feast afterwards and told each other stories about when we were younger. That was the most special day and I will always remember it.

...................................................

 I just looked at the starless night thinking what would have happen if we were still friends. I would not be like this right now.... at least I have my friends but life is not the same without him. I laid on the ground looking at the only star that was in the sky, lonely and alone........... Just like me. I felt the emptiness and coldness in my heart. I just sigh