Prologue - Our Beautiful Friendship

"Left Here Waiting For You"

*FLASHBACK*

I bid my parents goodbye and went into my new school with excitement. It was the first day of elementary school and I was seven. I went to the school hall following adult that bring their child who was around my age.

When we arrived at the school hall, I quickly went to take a seat at the end of the hall.  I was nervous on how my fellow classmates were gonna think about me that I didn’t realised that someone sat beside me. I heard someone coughed and I turned my head towards the direction the sound came from. I saw a boy who was smiling at me. “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jonghyun-imnida” he said and bowed his at “Annyeonghaseyo, Park Haejung-imnida!” I said smiling at him.

While waiting for our names to be called and placed into our perspective classes we decide to talk about ourselves. We were talking to each other when suddenly Jonghyun’s name was called and he said goodbye while walking to the line up front where his classmates were also there. I was a little disappointed and sad that we weren’t in the same class but luckily my class was just next to his. I could still talk to him so it’s okay.

(During Recess-3.30 p.m)

‘Yay! I am glad that everything went well and I also made a lot of friends.” I was walking with my friends to the canteen while suddenly a boy came in front of me “Annyeong! Remember me?” Jonghyun said “Of Course!” I said and wanted to excuse myself to go to the canteen “Wait! Can we eat together?” He said while holding his lunch in front of me. I looked at my friends and they just nodded “Sure” I said cheerfully and walked with him towards the canteen while my friends were just smiling at us.

*End of Flashback*

.............................................

I was walking towards the veranda when I saw so many pictures that Jonghyun and me took when we were in the first grade. I just smiled and hold the picture frames in my hands. How I missed the days that we were so close and was always together. I wish that I could not go back to the time we were still children, 6 years ago.

.............................................

*Flashback*

(After 4 Years)

Jonghyun and I were still best friends. We were inseparable like twins. We would always do everything together from playing to studying we were stuck together like glue. Today is the first day of yet another new school year. We just got back from our end-of-the-year holiday which was for 2 months. So, it’s been 2 months since I meet him.

But we still keep in contact and would sent letters to each other while we were away from home. I was walking to my locker when I say a familiar figure in front of me with his back towards me. I decide to give him a surprise. I was tip-toeing towards him thinking that he did not notice me yet. I was SO Wrong! He was actually a step ahead of me. “Hey” he turned around and tickled me. “Stop!” I said “okay!” then he suddenly pulled out a box which was wrapped in teddy bear wrapping “For me?” he just nodded......

.................................................

I was out in the garden when I wanted to go to a place that I had missed for a long time. I wore my jacket and walked out of the garden towards a place that we used to treasure together, a place that I used, still and will always treasure in my heart for the rest of my life. The placed that had many beautiful memories of us and also a placed that kept the memories I wanted to forget and never remember of... Our secret meeting place.

..................................................

Finished the first part of the one-shot, it is based on my hurtful experience. I added some things that would make the story more interesting. Hope it reached you all, readers expectation.. If not, I’ll try harder..

I will make the second part longer so I made this shorter. Hope you liked reading this...