Alpha

I Love You

Note: Sorry for a delayed crappy short update and ending, I was in a rush doing this, so I'm really sorry

 

“That’s basically everything you need to know” I said. Now, we’re trailing down the path to the park. This was the park we used to visit every weekend, memories are then again striking me and I shouldn’t act affected, not right now, not in front of her.

She stopped her tracks and as if knowing, my feet stopped as well. She faced me and she was crying. Before, I tend to hug her whenever she does but now, I don’t know what should I do. She might be the girl I loved before but she’s unaware of that identity.

She walked closer and held me in embrace “I’m sorry” she said. It was an embrace I’ve been longing forever. I felt safe with her, I felt like everything’s fine, that my world is back and healed.

 “I’m sorry for killing you with such pain” she pauses “I’m sorry if my mind forgot you, the man who my heart didn’t forget. I guess this can prove how powerful human heart is, that even if you forget people by memory, your heart never will” I have to admit, I’m now close to crying.

“You were so nice to me, specially protective that I always feel safer with you. Thank you, Minho” she said. Hearing my name pronounced by her lips brings nostalgia.

“What for?” I asked

“For not giving up on my old self. For trusting me I’ll find her in me someday. Thank you for giving me a chance to know what I meant to you and for giving me the love, I think I don’t deserve after all the pain I gave you. Just, thank you for everything.” I cried. I’m emotionally not okay, I know that no one can’t bring back time, no one can go back to the past or fast forward to their future. I guess it’s the present that really matters. I’m speechless so I hugged her this time.

 

“By the way, why didn’t you tell me these stuff about the old me before? Were you scared?” Hearing her said ‘old me left a pang on me.

I sighed deeply “It’s because I thought that maybe I am a dark park of your life. Our memories were the darkest that your mind decided to forget it, forget me” I finally said it after two long years, but it doesn’t make me feel relieved at all.

 “Has the old Jinri changed?” I asked

She grins “Of course. I’m the new one but that also doesn’t mean that I have to leave away the important milestones that identity had. Maybe I’m still the Jinri others used to know but honestly, I’m still mending. Curing isn’t really an easy thing, right?”

“Right. And you’re going back to square one, I guess?” I asked

She shakes her head “Not just me, but us. We’re going back together and begin with a plain canvas”

And then I hugged her again.

 

 

Maybe time has a reason. A reason that has to be done slowly. I think stories doesn’t really end with their last chapter or pages but rather stories usually begin with endings and maybe with our tragic story comes the beginning of a new one. I’m hopeful that we’ll surpass this. We will begin again. This time I’ll try my best to make it work and fight for things worth-fighting. And love is worth-fighting.