Her Secret

Reality

Every thing seemed to shrink for me as soon as I brought Haejin to the hospital.

"Is there Haejin's parents or gaurdian out here?" I heard the ask the crowd.

"No.They are gone." I told the nurse.

"Are you her sister?" she asked me.

"No. I'm her sister-like friend." I shrugged.

"Well, I'll take you to the doctor." The nurse brought me to a man that had looked like he was in his 20's.

"Hi. Are you Haejin's..."

"Sister-like friend." I repeated.

The nurse seemed to be telling the doctor in body language that her parents don't exist in the world anymore.

"Oh. Well. Hello, I'm Mr.Kang. Ms.Im Haejin is in a condition where she can't be outside for a while because she has liver cancer, which is at the Regional stage. She has a 7% rate in living for 5 years." He said.

I couldn't believe it....Haejin.....No wonder she was all pale and skinny.

I muffled a cry of mine.

"I'm sorry, but for now all we can do is hope for the best. Was Ms.Im Haejin an acohol addict?" Mr.Kang asked.

I nodded.

"Her love for alcohol may have resulted. I once again apologize and we will try our best to take care of her. Ms.Im is currently in room 846." Mr.Kang informed me before I took off.

I ran to where Haejin was.

I slammed the door open and sae Haejin staring out at the window.

"HAEJIN-AH." I screeched.

Haejin saw me and started crying along with me.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you!" I squeezed her in my arms. Screaming for her to get better.

This probably went on for hours.

"I'm sorry. Please don't tell the oppas. It's just mine and your's for now." Haejin pleaded.

"Why? Isn't it better?" I asked.

"No. I ...I just don't want them to visit me....yet.....possibly..." She said wiping her tears off.

"Why did you keep this all to yourself when you had me?" I asked crying more and more.

"I didn't want you to worry." We balled our eyes out for more than an hour.

"Still. You should have told me earlier!!1 I could have helped you with the money and fees so you can live. I don't want you to die!!!!" I screeched at her.

"Mianhae." She wiped off her tears and so did I.

"It's okay. Haejin-ah. It's my fault for not realizing your condition all along." I hugged her tightly.

"No. It's my fault for not telling you guys earlier...."

"Haejin-ah, always tell me when something is wrong no matter what. Because we are sister like friends after all." I smiled and squished her cheeks.

"Ha ha." she chuckled softly. "Sure. It's better to keep it that way." She shrugged.

I thought of something and grabbed something from my bag.

"Here. I bought it recently and haven't used it....But write in there what you want to do for the meantime. I bet that if you do the stuff first whether you will be living forever or die in five years you will never regret the moments that you have had." I smiled.

"That's so optimistic to state that I might die later on." she pinched my cheeks.

"No no. That's not what I meant."

"I know what you mean. To never regret of doing something that I always wanted to do." She smiled.

"You got me worried there." I laughed along with her.

"So. do you have anything in mind that you want to do?" I asked Haejin.

"Me??? Uhm......Hang out with the oppas to the beach or something...At least for a day you know. Have some fun. Oh I want you to meet one of my best friends that I haven't met for a while. Also I want to you know.....Experience love." she gave me a wink.

"AWWWW YOU'RE ADORABLE!!!" I pinched Haejin's cheek.

"Yeah yeah. But you know all of the stuff girls go through." She smirked.

"Yeah. Have some experience."

"What about you , Minhae?" she asked.

"Me? I want to.....I never thought about it...." I paused thinking hard.

"Really? Surely you might have......" Haejin stared at me with wonder.

"I don't really necessarily have anything.....But to have a vacation. I really liked the vacation idea.....BUT YOU HAVE TO GET BETTER IN ORDER FOR YOU TO NOT BE IN DANGER!!!" I warned Haejin.

"Yeah I get it." she stuck out her toungue at me.

"But yeah." I shrugged.

"You never wanted to experience something?" Haejin stared at me seriously this time.

"No.....Ever since the family problems....I lost all my dreams and never wanted anything to happen....Because mostly ...Bad things happen." I shrugged.

"What happened? If it's okay with you..." Haejin noticed me feeling uncomfortable.

~Me at age 7~

"Ummah!!!!" I shouted and attacked my mom with hugs and kisses. It was a year since my mother has been in the state of drinking and drugs, but today she was acting like the past.

Like my real mother.

My dad, my mom and I. We all went to Jeju Island for a vacation trip.

"Appa!!!" I attacked my dad this time with my aegyo.

"Aigoo. Our Minhae is so adorable that she will captivate the whole world." My father over exagerated.

"Ummah, Appa!!!! Let's go the the beach. I always wanted to go." I bu-ing bu-ing-ed at them.

My parents chuckled, "Okay okay." 

We were having a great time. 

My parents started their love bickering and I just laughed at ther adorableness.

"Minhae don't marry a dad like your appa. Okay?" My mom started joking.

"Nae." I started siding with her to tease my appa.

"Ani(No way). My daughted is betraying me????She recieves a punishment!" My father chased me around with his hands in the position of getting ready to tickle me.

"Ah!!!!! ANDWAE!!!!!!" I started running around and laughing crazily.

"I got you." My dad swopped me form the air and laughed full of happiness.

But the happiness didn't last long as I thought I was going to be.

We were at a haunted house playing around and stuff.

I was with my mom because my dad was a bit weak hearted at these houses.

So I stayed with my mom screaming and laughing at the same time enjoying ourselves.

Not until a murderer was in front of our eyes.

The murderer slashed his knife at my ear, neck, and shoulder. Soon he aimed at my mom.

But her clothes ripped off......And she was getting ...... But I couldn't do anything, but to stare. My whole body was isolated. My injuries were burning.

"I finally made the run and told my dad and called the police....

However it was too late.

My mother was dead.

Her body was ripped open.

From then on my father blamed me. Blamed me for ruining the family moment that we could have had.

From then on....I still regret. Watching my pure innocent eyes get a trauma from ther.

For not keeping my mom safe.

We could have been together...

But the scars are on me. 

Left to be remember.

I regret for making my mom go with me.

Because then.......My pain, my trauma, our family wouldn't be like this.

Because it is all my fault.