〈 CHAPTER #1;

( AVS ) - academy of vampires and slayers - ) a different kind of applyfic - apply closed! story time - read chapter eight... now
VAMPIRE OR SLAYER. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE. CHOOSE WISELY FOR YOU CAN'T CHANGE ONCE THE WAR BEGINS.
 
ACADEMY OF
VAMPIRES
   SLAYERS
AVS
 
NOTE
 
from now on, i'm going to use a different song for each chapter. go on. see what song it is this time :3 --->

if your character's name pops up in this chapter, it means you've been chosen.

sorry in advance for the people who i didn't choose... i will definitely have more apply fics in the future like this one :)

-< spell- >-
— CHAPTER #1 — 
"Welcome, everybody... To the first ever assembly for the Academy of Vampires and Slayers," one of the headmasters, Kang Minhoon, a vampire, was telling the gathered audience that was divided into two. Slayers on one side and vampires on the other with an aisle in between. "We are gathered here on January the eighth. The first day of our new life together. Your school year will last four terms. The terms will each last eleven weeks with two weeks holiday in between. After the last term, you'll also have a two week holiday before coming back to a new school year."

The other headmaster, slayer Baek Saehyun, took Headmaster Kang's place at the microphone. "All together, you will spend three years at this academy. The year you turn twenty is the year that you'll all graduate, hopefully being able to live in peace with each other as Minhoon and I have."

The slayer and vampire nodded at each other. Headmaster Baek continued, "Currently, there are exactly a hundred of you enrolled here. Fifty vampires and fifty slayers. There will be five classes consisting of ten slayers and ten vampires each. We are currently searching the world for more people like you. During the year, there will definitely be more enrollments at this academy. For now though, there are a hundred. No more, no less."

Headmaster Kang smiled a menacing grin to the audience, baring his fangs in the process. The slayers all flinched in shock while the vampires grinned back silently. "Don't be intimidated by each other," Headmaster Kang said as he slid his fangs back into place. "Learn to live side by side with each other in peace. There will be a day when you'll need each other. There are ten sheets placed around this auditorium. Five on the sides that the slayers are sitting and five where the vampires are. Saehyun and I agreed that since its only your first day, there would be many disturbences so it would be best to let you hold onto the last moment of your differences. The sheets will tell you what homeroom class you'll be in for the rest of the year. Your teacher will help you go from there."

All at once, there was commotion. The aisle in the middle stayed clear as the vampires and slayers dispersed to the sheets. While there was disorder on the side of the slayers where everyone had to fight for a glimpse of the pieces of paper, the vampires needed only to stand at a distance to read the sheets.

The teachers watched on the sides as a blind boy yanked on a random sleeve. "Excuse me..." he said and trailed off. It took a moment for him to regain his voice. "Could you please tell me which class I'm in... and possibly help me get there?" He asked.

"Um... Of course," the owner of the sleeve replied. "What's your name?" She asked back.
"Aroon... Wu. Aroon Wu," he replied.

"Wait here for a moment," the girl said as she sped off to find the blind boy's name. He nodded and stood... Waiting. In five seconds flat, she came back huffing and puffing. "You're in the same class as me. 1-B. Come on," she said as she tugged him along. "We'll go together. My name's Kim Hyerin, by the way." She smiled for a moment and then remembered that he couldn't see her. 

"Don't worry," Aroon grinned himself. "I can tell you smiled." Taken aback, Hyerin stumbled for a moment before continuing with her newly found friend.
><><><><><><><><><><><
"I don't care about your opinions," was the first thing the teacher said as he entered his new class. "I hate this rule, too, but you see, the other teachers and I are having a competition to see who can last underneath this rule the longest. As 1-A, I'm expecting you to all be the best. No exceptions." With his lack of heartbeat, it was easy to tell that he was a vampire. A vampire who loved to drain the blood of slayers but was mature enough to hold back or suffer being killed by the government.

"I'm your new teacher, obviously. Mr. Kim. Take a seat and shut up. All of you."

With an intimidating aura surrounding him, Mr. Kim easily got his class to obey him and they all plopped down. Still, the slayers stayed to one side while the vampires stayed to the other. 

"One by one, introduce yourselves to the class. State your name and whether you're a vampire or slayer." Instantly, groans sounded all around the room. "Shut up. All of you. I'm required to do this. Does it look like I like my job very much? I need money and you all need to learn to live amongst each other."

No-one made a move to get up. A minute passed and Mr. Kim looked at his watch. "We have all day, you know. You aren't going to start actual lessons until tomorrow. AND this is a boarding school so I can keep you in as long as I want without worrying your parents."

Still, no-one got up. At last, after five minutes, a slayer reluctantly jumped out of his seat. "FINALLY," Mr. Kim exclaimed. 

"I'm a slayer," the boy grinned at his peers... even at the vampires, though it was a bit forced. "Lee Daehan's my name," he sank back down into his chair.

"Thank you, Daehan. A vampire now," Mr. Kim sighed and his menacing eyes cast lazily over the class of twenty students. 

"Kim Seungah," a girl said as soon as she got up. "As you can see, I'm a vampire." Her pale skin clearly showed that she never tried any form of light whatsoever. And so she shouldn't. Vampires burn as soon as the smallest part of them touches sunlight.

When she sat down, another girl began to get up. Her attire was similar to a boy's and before she even began to introduce herself, Mr. Kim stopped her. "I almost forgot. From tomorow, its compulsory to wear the school uniform. Continue."

The girl nodded and stood upright. Instantly, a boy began to laugh. A vampire boy. "You're so short," he teased. "What's wrong? A vampire scared you into stunting your growth or something?" 

"No, thank you very much," she stood her ground. Frowning a little, traces of dimples appeared in her cheeks. "I'm Jeon Aerri. A slayer."

The boy who had made the 'short' comment introduced himself next. He was quite tall and clearly towered over most. "Vampire. Shin Jaeseong. Thank you so much for your delightful attention. I hope we all live in harmony this year with no problems whatsoever. I loveeee slayers!" Instantly, it was clear to everyone that this guy was sarcastic. Extremely sarcastic. He sat back down gracefully and gave a sickeningly sweet smile to the rest of the class.

"I'm Fujiwara Hitomi," a female slayer pulled herself out of her seat a bit awkwardly. "I'm a slayer..." her eyes were a dark brown but were unseeing and clouded.

"Can't see?" Jaeseong was the first to notice her blindness. "I'm sorry. You can't see me laughing and sticking my tongue out at you." Hitomi shrugged and sat back down quietly.

Despite making several rude remarks already, Mr. Kim still hadn't made a move to shut his student up. Probably because they were both the same species.

And, despite only standing up, the next vampire had this fiery quality about him that already made the female vampires around him start to fan themselves and refuse to meet his eyes. Not that he was looking at them, though. "Do Minjae, a vampire," he said and sat back down. His rough but smooth voice stirred something inside a better half of the female vampires and they all blushed deeply.

Even Mr. Kim stumbled on his words for a moment. "U-um, who's next?"

A boy raised his hand and smiled as he stood up. His voice was quite high-pitched for a male and in contrast to the previous boy, this one had a girlish look to him with his thick lips and wide-eyed look. "My name's Lee Kwangra!" He squeaked. "I'm a slayer."

As soon as he sat back down delicately, a girl got up. "I'm a vampire and my name's Choi Minseok." Her plump lips curled up into a smile as she looked around at everyone. Not in an intimidating way, but in a generally sincere way.  
><><><><><><><><><><><
Meanwhile, in Class 1-B, everything was extremely rowdy. Extremely rowdy. There were vampire fangs everywhere and sunlight escaping through blinds which were opened by slayers. There was no teacher in the classroom yet and the entire atmosphere was in chaos. With a boy turning into a bat, a female got out a stake, which was against the rules, and prepared to hunt him down. Two boys held a girl in place as a third went closer with his fangs. And that's were everything stopped.

"STOP RIGHT THERE," a voice bellowed. A delicate looking female slayer walked timidly into the room, immediately guilty for screaming at her new students. "There will be none of this in my classroom, please. Take your seats. All of you."

Everyone obeyed reluctantly, still holding onto their weapons and baring their fangs. "Put them away, the lot of you." the teacher said. "I'm Miss Cha and I expect you to all listen to me if you want a painless school experience." When everyone gave her their attention, Miss Cha smiled and clapped her hands in glee. "Goody!" she exclaimed, "Lets start with introductions, shall we? State your name and whether you're a vampire or slayer. We'll hear from a vampire and then a slayer and then a vampire and so on, okay? You first, deary," she nodded at a bright looking girl with small eyes that held big depth.

The girl grinned and got up. "My name's Lee Soohyun... and I'm a vampire," she made sure to add an extra layer to her voice when she said the last word. Miss Cha didn't seem to notice it, though and clapped her hands again. "Next?" she asked giddily.

"I'm Kim Hyerin," a different girl stood up. "I'm a slayer who is not afraid to slay a vampire who threatens any slayers." She gave a piercing glance at a boy in the corner for a moment before sitting back down.

That boy who she glared at got up and shrugged. "Whatever was that for, darling?" he asked sarcastically. "When have I ever threatened anyone? I'm as delicate as a tiny flower!" His snakebite piercings begged to differ, though. They bobbed up and down along with his lips as he introduced himself. "My name is Yang Seokhyun. I'm sure you all know me as the sweet neighbourhood boy who looks better than all the celebrities combined," he was about to sit down when he remembered something, "I nearly forgot. I'm a vampire. A handsome one. Don't get me mistaken for others."

A slayer giggled as she pulled herself off her chair. "I remember you," she said. "You were that rude boy in the shop that called me disgusting. I'm Lee Yunmi, by the way. A slayer who's proud of who she is," she her lips and two round dimples appeared on either cheek.

"Kim Minseok. Vampire," a boy said quietly. No-one got up and Miss Cha frowned instantly. "Who said that?" she asked. "Stand up so I can see you!" Sighing, the boy named Minseok stood up, waved awkwardly and sat back down. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" a grin returned to her face once again as she turned to the class. "Who's next?"

"I'm Aroon Wu, a blind slayer," a boy said as soon as he stood up. "Don't worry, though. I can see all you vampires perfectly.... Through my feet." He stuck his tongue out playfully and sat down again. 

"That wasn't very nice, now was it?" A girl with long, untied hair said sarcastically. She looked like the type that was always frowning. Even now, she didn't make the effort to smile. "My name is Kim Jungyeon and I am a vampire."

No-one made a move to get up and a loud voice burst through the quietness. "FINALLY! MY TURN," it exclaimed. A boy with light blue hair, which was clearly dyed, stood up and looked at the class. "I am Nam Jihoon. A slayer. And I've been told that I'm an extremely sadistic person so if you vampires ever try to kill me," he pointed a finger at them accusingly, "I'll make your death slow and painful."