〈 CHAPTER #3;

( AVS ) - academy of vampires and slayers - ) a different kind of applyfic - apply closed! story time - read chapter eight... now
VAMPIRE OR SLAYER. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE. CHOOSE WISELY FOR YOU CAN'T CHANGE ONCE THE WAR BEGINS.
 
ACADEMY OF
VAMPIRES
   SLAYERS
AVS
 
NOTE
 
i forgot to mention that these first few chapters are pretty much just setting the scene for the actual story. sorry for this late update.

i'm going to be on holidays for the next four to five days without any internet (cries) so please don't expect any updates. i'll definitely continue writing after its over! :)


-< spell- >-
— CHAPTER #3 — 
There was a loud knock on the door as a head peeked inside the dorm room. Aerri, with her short hair bobbing, peaked through. "Is this room 12?" she asked as she looked around at the simple space. There were four beds and a bedside table with a lamp beside each one. There were four drawers as well. Two windows were found on either side of another door across the room. Nothing too fancy but it was enough.

"No. The sign on the door clearly says 21, not 12," the vampire, Jungyeon, replied and rolled her eyes sarcastically. 
Yunmi waved. "Come join me! We mutually agreed to never cross the line of tape in the centre. Seungah and Jungyeon are on that side, you and I are on this side," she gestured to the bright yellow tape which divided the floor of the room in half.
"If you ever think of stepping foot on our side, you'll regret it," Seungah said with a firm voice.

Aerri scurried over to the spare bed on the slayer side and plopped down. "When are we getting our stuff?" she asked no one in particular.
"Beats me," Yunmi sighed. "I need my stuff. I really want to shower but I can't without my clothes."
"So that's what that smell was," Jungyeon said snarkily.
"Speaking of which," Seungah remembered, "We have to share the same bathroom." She nodded her head towards the closed door in the far end of the room. It was slightly closer to the vampires. "That's the only time you're allowed to cross over.
"No exceptions," Jungyeon added. "You should thank Seungah for making me agree to that. If it were up to me, I'd let your bladders burst."
"How thoughtful of you," replied Aerri just as there was another knock on the dorm door.

Yunmi jumped up and opened it. And full suitcases went tumbling everywhere. "Our luggages are here!" She announced as if it wasn't already obvious.
"Nahhhhhh," Seungah rolled her eyes as she got up to find her suitcases.
><><><><><><><><><><><
By the time Minseok had arrived at Room 1 in the boys' borading house, he was surprised to find a vampire boy sitting cross-legged outside. "Jaeseong?" He asked nervously.
The boy's head lifted as he took in the vampire before him. It took a moment for the recognition to flood onto his features and he realised who it was who knew his name. "Those bloody humans locked us out," he said in response to Minseok's raised eyebrow.

"Then why don't we just teleport inside?" 
Instead of replying, Jaeseong pointed to a sign opposite the dorm door. It said; "No weapons or vampire abilities to be used inside this boarding house.  There are 24 hour surveillance cameras set up around this building. Anyone who gets spotted disobeying this rule will get severely punished."
"Oh," Minseok sighed and began to knock on the door. 
"Stay out!" was the reply. 

Jaeseong smirked as he came up with an idea that he hadn't thought of before. Clearing his throat, he got up to stand beside Minseok. "We have your luggages," he said as adult-sounding as he could. The soft murmurings from inside were a clear indication that they were debating whether or not their luggages were outside or not. At long last, they took the bait and Minseok could feel a swish of joy rush through him as the door opened just a crack.

Immediately, Jaeseong pushed it open more and stormed in. "I COULD'VE DIED OUT THERE," he nearly yelled dramatically. Okay, he did yell. "You should be grateful that I didn't call Minjae over. He would've just broken the door or something."

Daehan rubbed the front of his head. It didn't actually occur to him that the person on the other side of the door wasn't the luggage-man and that the person would push the door open with all his might... and hit Daehan on the forehead in the process.

Jaeseong noticed Daehan's forehead and snickered. "That bump's gonna remind you of what you did today." He then pointed to Aroon who was busy sitting on his bed, not able to witness the scene before him. "And you, don't think that just because you're blind, your the innocent one of this situation."

"Calm down," Minseok patted Jaeseong's back awkwardly. "Erm... here... take this handkerchief to wipe your sweat..." He reached into his pocket and handed the furious boy his handkerchief.

"Well that was interesting," Aroon scoffed. "For the record, I knew it was you at the door. Daehan here was too dim to realise the trick. I would've stopped him except I don't know where the door is."
><><><><><><><><><><><
"What do you think our roommates will be like?" Soohyun giggled with the female Minseok. 
"I honestly have no idea. As long as the two slayers we're sharing with keep the distance, I don't mind," Minseok replied as the duo walked, arms linked, towards Room 5 in the middle of the hallway. 

The door was wide open as they stepped in. A girl was bustling about, trying to help another girl unpack her luggages. "Hitomi! Don't put your underwear under the bed!" She sounded exasperated as she awkwardly picked up the now-obvious blind girls' underwear. She also grabbed her hand and led her to a draw. "I'll put it in here. If you ever need help, just call out my name. You do remember my name, right? Its Hyerin, if you don't."

Hitomi nodded but didn't say a word. Clearly, she was a quiet girl. It took a moment for Minseok to realise that Soohyun had left her side and was already exploring the bathroom. From her constant 'ooh's and 'aaah's, it was clear how much this new experience excited her. She could be seen walking past the bathroom door every couple of seconds as she explored every nook and cranny.

And without seeing, Hitomi knew that she had no shadow. And that thought gave her the creeps. It sent shivers up and down her spine as she picked up another piece of clothing and fumbled around trying to find the right spot to put it.

"YAH! NOT THERE!" Hyerin exclaimed and rushed over. After about half an hour, she finally finished organising Hitomi's belongings and joy surged through her soul... And then she remembered that she had yet to organise her own things.

"So... are you too taking that side of the room?" Minseok asked Hyerin. 
"Um.... yeah... If you don't mind..." She replied.
"No, it's fine. This is so awkward."
"It really is."
><><><><><><><><><><><
"Stop it."
"No, you stop it."
"You."
"YOU."
"YOU!"
"Stop repeating what I say!" 
"You started it."
"You're just jealous that I look better than you."
"Alright, that's it."

Jihoon rubbed his eyes in annoyance as he watched Minjae and Seokhyun arguing about the most trivial matters. There was a knock on the door and he literally jumped up to get it. It was the luggages. He caught the person delivering them and, despite knowing the man was innocent, he couldn't help himself. "Why am I stuck with these three loonies?" He demanded. "Look! How'd I get stuck here? Answer me! Look! Those two think they're so handsome and are arguing about it," he pointed at Minjae and Seokhyun nearly wrangling each other to the ground. "And there's the last loonie," he pointed at Kwangra cowering in fear in the corner of the room.

"Um... I don't know..." The man trailed off and then sped away. 

Tired, Jihoon trudged back into the room and grabbed the hairs of the two vampires. "Listen here. I don't give a bloody damn who's more handsome. What matters to me is my beauty sleep and if you take that away from me, God help you both." He let their hair go and plopped onto his bed. 

When he thought he had finally won, a delicate finger poked his back. "Erm... Mr Jihoon?" It was Kwangra. "They just jumped out of the window... I think they forgot that its not quite dark yet."

At that, Jihoon's head perked up. He literally ran to the window and starred down to find Seokhyun and Minjae jumping up and down as the disappearing sun used its last rays to burn them.

A smile crept onto his face. He thought to himself, I'm such a sadist.