〈 CHAPTER #2;

( AVS ) - academy of vampires and slayers - ) a different kind of applyfic - apply closed! story time - read chapter eight... now
VAMPIRE OR SLAYER. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE. CHOOSE WISELY FOR YOU CAN'T CHANGE ONCE THE WAR BEGINS.
 
ACADEMY OF
VAMPIRES
   SLAYERS
AVS
 
NOTE
 
a shorter-ish chapter, today. i'm sorry if you were hoping to read more about your character. i can't exactly elaborate about sixteen characters in just the one chapter. your character will have the spotlight in the story, eventually, anyway.

-< spell- >-
— CHAPTER #2 — 
The bell rang for the first ever first break at the Academy of Vampires and Slayers. In Class 1-A, everybody scrambled to leave at the same time. Vampires snarled and slayers raised their fists. They all exchanged glances. 3... 2... 1... Jaeseong lunged forwards and just like that... Was yanked back by Mr. Kim.

"Idiot. What do you think you're doing?!" he demanded. "Remember the law. If you kill someone of the opposite race, you'll get a public execution. The next time anyone misbehaves, I'll give you a detention that you'll live to regret." He stepped forward and the students separated, giving way to him. Gracefully, he left the classroom, leaving the 20 vampires and slayers alone together. 

They all glared at each other. No-one made a move and it was eerily quiet save the noise outside in the corridor. At long last, Seungah walked off. Everyone stared after him. Feeling their gazes on him, she turned around. "What?" she asked. "Nothing's happening here anyway." Minseok shrugged her shoulders and followed. Soon, all the vampires did the same. 

Daehan whirled on the slayers. "Come on, guys. We should show those bloodsuckers that we're the better race. That we're mature enough to handle the rule and that we really don't give a damn about them. Don't let them get to you. We should all stand tall together." He pointed at a girl. "What do you think, Aemi... is it?"

"Aerri," the shortie corrected him "I agree with you. We can't let them think that we're intimidated by them in any way. I think that we should all stick together for this first break."

"Agreed," Daehan replied and they all walked together to the cafeteria. Kwangra lingered behind a bit. He scratched his nape a bit awkwardly as he looked at Hitomi.

"Do you need help getting there, miss?" He squeaked to her politely. 
She smiled softly. "Yes please." Hitomi gave Kwangra her arm and he led her to the other eight slayers.
><><><><><><><><><><><
With full of food, Yunmi babbled to Hyerin. "I remember you. Hyerin, right? Remember me? I'm Yunmi. We met at the shop that other day. There were two Minseoks there and that vampire, Seokhyun, as well."

Hyerin nodded. "Don't worry. I wouldn't forget a face like yours." She spotted a struggling Aroon and jumped up. Rushing over to him, she took his tray of food and began to help him over to the spare spot at her and Yunmi's table. Initially, he was startled. "Who are you?" He asked immediately, worried that it was some complete stranger. "It's Hyerin," Hyerin said. "Come, sit with me and Yunmi."

He sat down awkwardly but in just two seconds, the awkwardness evaporated with Yunmi's bright attitude and Hyerin's polite yet firm humour.

All of a sudden, a flash of light blue covered Hyerin's vision as someone plopped down in the seat beside her. "I'm gonna sit here," it was Jihoon. "You three are a few of the ones who I know the names of since we're in the same class. I ain't sitting with the others. Look at them. They're already associating with vampires." He used his head to gesture to the table in the far left where four slayers and four vampires were sitting and laughing with each other. 

"Urgh," Jihoon shuddered. "Disgusting. As if I'm ever going to do that."
"You never know," Aroon said. "I think that day might come quickly, considering how this school is being run."

Everything suddenly went quiet and heads looked up from their food everywhere. Two vampires with two opposite presences appeared at the entrance to the cafeteria. Their auras were so chilling and burning that they balanced each other out.

Yunmi groaned. "Does Seokhyun think he's a celebrity or something? The other guy, too. What's his name?" She asked, referring to the vampire with the burning aura and the chilling one, respectively. Hyerin snorted. "I think the other guy's name is Minjae. Vamp girls were squealing about him earlier. Oh, and I heard that Seokhyun smokes."
"Gossip already?" Jihoon asked. "Where'd you hear that from?"
"Me," Aroon said. "I smelt it when I walked past him on the way to the auditorium. I knew it was him because when he stood in class earlier, the smell being to waft around slightly."
"You're very observant, aren't you?"
"I have to be. I am blind, you know. I have to carry myself around somehow."

There little conversation was interrupted by someone tapping softly on Jihoon's shoulders. "Um..." It was Daehan. "Can we sit here, too?" He asked a bit awkwardly, gesturing to the other seven slayers with him.
Jihoon shrugged. "As long as you don't mind my sadistic and occasional masochistic cravings."
"Just sit," Hyerin told them with a smile.
The eight slayers pulled chairs out each and sat down.

Yunmi turned to the girl on her right. "I'm Yunmi. From 1-B. Nice to meet you, fellow slayer."
The girl smiled slightly. "I'm Aerri. 1-A. Nice to meet you, too. Wait... Yunmi as in Lee Yunmi?"
"Yes...?"
"We're roommates!"
Yunmi nearly choked on her food. "What? How do you know that?" She looked excited but puzzled at the same time as she payed close attention to the the girl beside her. Everyone else at the table listend closely, too.

"I saw my name with yours and two vampires named Kim Jungyeon and Kim Seungah
on sheets outside the boarding house. I went there on the way to assembly. 

Evidently, other tables were listening, too, for as soon as the location was mentioned, most tables were emptied out... The only ones left at this particular table were Aerri, Yunmi and the two blind slayers. Aroon and Hitomi.
><><><><><><><><><><><
"Yah," Soohyun exclaimed as someone bumped into her, nearly knocking her over. She, like most others, was on her way to see who she was rooming with for the rest of the year. It was Minjae. He turned around and jogged backwards as he winked and sped off.

"Does he like playing with girls' hearts or something?" Jungyeon appeared beside Soohyun. "Look around us. There are girls giving you glares now because they think he likes you or something." Soohyun looked around. Sure enough, other female vampires were staring at her, looking as if they wanted her to disappear or something.

"It works, though, doesn't it?" Soohyun asked Jungyeon. "Jungyeon, right? His good looks and attitude will work on anybody." 
Seokhyun waltzed by. "My looks and attitude are better, though, aren't they ladies?" He smirked at the duo. "Minjae isn't half as good looking as me. Admit it."
"Give it a break," Jungyeon groaned and pulled Soohyun away. 

"You guys hurt his ego," a girl giggled. "Poor, poor him." She turned to the two of them. "I'm Choi Minseok."
They introduced themselves and made their way to the sheets where two people were plopped on the ground. A boy and girl. The boy leaned towards the girls' ear and appeared to whisper something regarding the trio since she turned around and made eye contact with them. 

"You're Minseok, right?" The girl asked. "My brother's also named Minseok. He was reminding me about that encounter we had at that shop the other day."

Seokhyun appeared again. "Classic, right? I was there too. Minseok's a guys name, by the way. Not a girl's. It doesn't sound as manly as mine, though so I don't really care."
"Manly?" Minjae appeared, too. "You don't even know the meaning of the word."