Is This Fate?

Saying Goodbye (SuLay)

A couple of days later I am meeting up with some of my old high school friends  BaekHyun, JongIn, ZiTao,  JongDae, LuHan, SeHun, Kris and my roommate MinSeok for lunch and a game of basketball at the park. As we sit down for lunch I inform my friends that I was in the hospital again and they try to lighten the mood by saying that now I’m sick again they might have a chance of shooting some hoops without me taking the ball off of them.

They succeed in lightening the mood a bit and they joke around and try to make me laugh for a bit until a young girl comes to take our orders.
"Hello I'm TaeYeon, what would you gentlemen like to order?" She asks in a cheerful voice and I can't help but smile at her shyly. My friend BaekHyun eyes me suspiciously and rolls his eyes.
We order our food and start to chat again as TaeYeon leaves with our orders.

“So Lay, you got your eye on the cute waiter have you?” BaekHyun asks me as she walks out of ear shot.

“No BaekHyun I was just smiling because she seems nice and happy so I felt like being nice.” I tell him and he just smirks at me, unconvinced.

“So, YiXing following on from what BaekHyun said, are you in a relationship at the moment?” My friend ZiTao, who prefers to be called Tao, asks me curiously.

“No Tao, I’m not, I’m still waiting for the right person.” I tell him, a little embarrassed with where this topic is heading. My friends don’t know that I am actually biual and I don’t know if I’m ready for them to find out yet.

“Well, if you meet the right girl you better let me know.” JongIn warns me.

“Why?” I ask him, shocked by the warning in his tone.

“Because I’ve probably dated them, especially if they went to our high school.” He jokes light-heartedly with a smirk and a wink and we all roll our eyes. Kai was really popular with the girls in high school and he was known amongst them as the guy to go to if you were looking for a bit of fun.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see a waiter coming towards our table with some plates of food and I notice that he has the most beautiful perfect face with bright sparkling eyes and perfect luscious lips and I can’t help staring at this guy with my mouth open. My heart stops for a second as I take in his face again and I recognise him, he’s the guy that ran into me at the hospital.

I suddenly feel angry at this careless person in front of me and I dip my head down so he won’t recognise me.

“Hello, here are your meals, are you sharing?” He asks us politely and we tell him that we are sharing so he just puts all of the plates down around the table and as he puts the last one down next to me me he looks at me and shock passes across his face and he flushes red then he hurriedly bows and walks off.

“Okay then, what was his problem?” Kris asks us as the guy walks off and disappears through a door.

“He seemed pretty shocked to see you here Lay, anything you wanna tell us?” SeHun asks me cheekily and LuHan lightly slaps his arm and tells him to shush but SeHun just rolls his eyes.

“He ran into me at the hospital, like literally ran into me and knocked me over.” I tell the guys who raise their eyebrows and looked shocked. “He apologised briefly and then vanished.” I finished and notice that LuHan is frowning.

“What is it hyung?” I ask him and he looks up at me.

“Nothing, it’s just that that’s kinda how I met SeHun.” He tells us, beaming.

“He bowled me over on his way to class one day in our senior year.” LuHan explains with a smile and SeHun leans over and kisses him on the cheek.

“Ew guys get a room.” Tao says childishly as he covers his eyes.

“C’mon ZiTao you’ve seen worse than that.” Kris jokes as he winks at Tao who groans with embarrassment.

“Okay, guys can we change the conversation topic now?” MinSeok asks uncomfortably.

“Sure Min sorry.” Kris says with a smirk. MinSeok sticks his tongue out at Kris.

“Well, I don’t know about you guys but I’m going to start eating now,” JongDae tells us before scooping food onto his plate and we all serve ourselves food and settle into a comfortable silence while we eat. I don’t really feel like eating so I push my food around on my plate for a bit until I can feel MinSeok eyeing me and I put a little bit of rice into my mouth and chew on it.

After we have finished eating and start talking again TaeYeon comes back to collect our plates and we thank her for our meals.

“I’ll pay guys, you stay here.” BaekHyun says as he stands up.

“But, you never pay.” JongDae comments and BaekHyun just shrugs as he fishes his wallet out of his bag.

“You paying wouldn’t have anything to do with the waiter would it?” JongIn asks cheekily and BaekHyun blushes as he shakes his head before walking off to the counter.

“Your fate is watching you.” SeHun jokingly whispers into my ear and I turn around confused to see the handsome guy waiter watching me from a table across the room. When he notices me watching him he drops one of the plates he’s taking back to the kitchen and rushes off to get a broom. I hear SeHun chuckle under his breath next to me.

“That guy must either be really sorry for pushing you over or really into you.” SeHun remarks and I playfully punch him in the arm as BaekHyun walks back to us with a huge grin plastered all over his face.

“Hey SeHun?” I whisper to get his attention. He turns to me.

“Did you run into LuHan on purpose?” I ask him and he winks at me before turning away.
 

“Let me guess, you got a date?” JongDae asks BaekHyun who nods in agreement.

“Victory is mine.” He says childishly as he raises his fist and we laugh as we leave the restaurant.