Strangers

Saying Goodbye (SuLay)

"Alright Lay your blood levels are looking stable again and you're free to leave." My doctor of 18 years, SiWon, tells me.

I have bi-polar disorder that has seen me more depressed than manic recently and last week I cut myself badly again and my roommate MinSeok found me unconscious and sent me straight to hospital.


"Thanks doc, you have been very good to me." I thank him flatly but sincerely with a bow as I get up off of the bed.
"No worries it’s my job." he tells me with a pat on the back. "But I am going to give you another prescription and you are going to have to actually take it this time instead of flushing it down the toilet, okay?." he warns me. “I have sent a message to MinSeok and he’s going to make sure you that you take them.” He informs me as an after note.
"Yes sir." I say to him guiltily.
"Now off you go and I don't want to be seeing you in here again anytime soon." he says seriously as he hands me a piece of paper, giving me a knowing look.
I smile and wave to him as I make my way out of the room with the letter with my new prescription and head down to the administration office to sign myself out of the hospital and get my pills.

I make my way up to the desk and sign my name off and finish all of the hospital paperwork and collect a paper bag with three bottles of pills in it. Once I have been signed off I start to head towards the door when suddenly something crashes into the side of me which makes me go flying to my left and I hit the ground with a thud. The paper bag in my hand goes flying and I look up to see a guy about my age lying on the ground in shock.
He gets up quickly and noticing me he flushes red.
"I'm so sorry sir I didn't see you there" he apologises to me as he offers his hand to me.
I take it and let him pull me up but before I can even mutter an 'it's alright' or a 'thanks' he's gone.
I blink, confused by this stranger and as I shake my head I pick up my paper bag and leave the hospital for what I hope is the last time.