Chapter 2

Chasing A Summer Fling

Taeyeon wondered what brought her here. She never really enjoyed coffee, the bitterness, the lack of sweetness. Yet here she was at a coffee shop, sitting in front of her was a  nice cup of coffee, the steam still rising, the aroma of coffee beans filled the air. Still she just continued to stare at it. Since when had she felt so depressed, so stress. Nothing ever really bothered Taeyeon before, and if there was anything close to it, she would just brush it off because sooner or later it'll go away; that what she always told herself.

 

One day I'll look back and I probably won't remember this. That what she would always tell herself, maybe it was a way of assuring herself that no matter what she has to go through now, no matter how much it hurts; it will blow by and someday disappear.

 

Carefully she brought the cup to her lips, slowly taking a sip, letting the bitterness touch her taste buds, she frowned at the taste, tongue slightly stuck out at the unfamiliar, unwelcome taste, that now filled . It wasn't particularly her taste, it was bitter but with a slight touch of sugar. Bittersweet. An addictive taste, just like her. Taeyeon shook her head, stopping her train of thought in track before it could start. She didn't want to dwell over it.

 

How long has it been. One, no, two weeks, two weeks since she came back to Korea. Although it was two weeks of pure blank, time still went by, guess time really doesn't wait for anyone. She doesn't have all the time in the world to look for Sooyeon. Having to balance between her job as a photographer and looking for a woman that might not even be in South Korea was not exactly the easiest task.

 

She went to America as vacation but also to look for inspiration. A picture means a thousand words, that was the reason why she became a photographer. She was never one to talk about emotions and feelings. And she was never a easy person to know or get to know. But a picture, that's different. One picture could mean so much, so much details, so much point of views. She glance down at her camera she left on the table next to her cup of coffee. Inspiration huh.

 

"Taeyeon!" The voice, that sound partly out of breath, panting as if she had been running a marathon. Taeyeon looked up and gave the best smile she could muster after overwhelming herself in her deepest thoughts.

 

"Sunny."

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be late." Sunny slid into the chair across from Taeyeon, catching her breath, while fixing her bangs that were ruined during the rush. "I've just been busy things. It's been chaotic these days."

 

Taeyeon gave a slight chuckle. "I can't imagine being in charge of an entertainment industry could ever be easy."

 

"I'm not in charge, my uncle is." Sunny pouted at Taeyeon wrong choice of words. "Just helping him here and there." She added, wishing Taeyeon would stop saying that she was going to be the next CEO of S.M Entertainment. She doing this only because of her uncle. His old age was catching up and she was always told that one day she would take over her uncle position. A bit far-fetched if you asked her.

 

"But one day you would, won't you?" Taeyeon raised a brow, questioning her best friend. Taeyeon knew Sunny wasn't the type, to be tied down to a chair signing papers all day. Growing up, they would both wonder and talk about their future. Taeyeon was always indecisive but Sunny knew exactly what she wanted, to travel around the world. And working in the entertainment industry was far from it, being that CEO wasn't exactly a light weight on one's shoulder.

 

"Maybe." Sunny answered with a shrug of her shoulders. "Someday is still far from now, so I try not to think about it."

 

Taeyeon answered with a hum, leaving that statement as it is, because it was true. Still someday would still come. The question that lingered right now was when.

 

"Let's not dwell of my life, how was L.A?" Sunny asked, moving on from the topic of her life, possibly future. "You seem somewhat stressed after coming back, I thought you went to go on a break."

 

Taeyeon weakly gave a thin smile, wishing Sunny hadn't brought up the topic, even though her best friend was just asking for her own good, sometimes some things she would rather other people not touch. "It was fine, I had a fun time." Fine. That word couldn't even compare to the time she spent in L.A, in fact not one word was good enough to describe her time there. Though plenty of words to describe leaving.

 

Sunny narrowed her eyes, almost not buying Taeyeon's lame words. After moments of eyeing Taeyeon she decided to drop the topic, Taeyeon will tell her when she is in the mood, after all they never kept secrets from each other.

 

"So about that job offer Soshi magazine ask you about....." Sunny  cut the proposal short, leaving Taeyeon to complete her sentence.

 

"I'll take it for now, I have nothing to do either way. And I could use the extra money." Taeyeon answered, "I'll drop by later, would you be there?"

 

"It depends," Her best friend, placed a finger under her chin, sorting out her schedule in her brain. "Later some members of a group is heading over so I guess I might be there."

 


 

Taeyeon found herself in front of a huge, glorified building, something you would see if you were a New Yorker in Manhattan, not what she had expected but then again things never go the way she expected anyway. She made her way into the building, checking with the lady at the lobby for information before heading for the elevator.

 

She stared at the numbers, skimming through them until she found 24, just when the door was about to close a familiar voice called out to her, starling Taeyeon, but she held the door, waiting for the person to enter the elevator before the door went "ding".

 

"Thank...you" The girl with bleached blonde hair hand her hands on her knee cap, panting, while slowly regaining her breath. Barely managing to thank her without taking in a large inhale of air. Finally she straightened her back, giving Taeyeon a good look at her face. Eyes nearly left their socket. Unable to process the thought properly.

 

"Krystal?!" The shock made Taeyeon voice rose to a pitch she rather not go back a second time, but that was besides the point.

 

"Taeyeon." Krystal acknowledge back with a smile. "Oops, I meant Taeyeon unnie." Krytsal had a grin on her face, with her tongue stuck out a bit at her mistake. They were in Korea after all and formality just appears to be everywhere.

 

"Why are you here?" Taeyeon, flabbergasted over the fact that Krytsal was right in front of her. Small world I guess, well South Korea was never a huge country to begin with but still. Coincidence? "Are you working here?"

 

"Yea. I work as a writer for Soshi magazine, I started my work just yesterday." Krystal stated, "What are you doing here?" Throwing the question back at Taeyeon, who took in the information slowly.

 

"I work here too, as a photographer that is, my best friend introduced me the job and her words kind of just got me the job" Taeyeon clarified, "I just started... well I haven't really started yet."

 

"Ah. Well my sister told me to start here, giving me some good words since she's familiar with the people here." Krystal thought she would tell Taeyeon since Taeyeon told her. "Guess we both got lucky." She added with a bright smile, Taeyeon thought was tattooed onto her face.

 

"I guess we did." Taeyeon agreed. "Your sister much be well known here, considering you got the job easily."

 

"Well I guess you can put it that way, but she pretty much well known everywhere."

 

Krystal had a glint of mischievousness in her eyes but Taeyeon couldn't make it out. Her  thought lingers onto the meaning behind those words, but before any questions left or even formed into a thought, the elevator door opened, on their designated floor.

 

Krystal made her way out, heading towards the direction of her place. Not before she turned around giving Taeyeon one last smile "Unnie, let's grab some lunch later okay?" Taeyeon nodded, watched Krystal's back as the girl disappeared behind the door.

 

"You finally made it, what took you so long." Sunny scolded, with a impatient frown etched across her forehead.

 

"Well you not exactly Miss Punctual either." Taeyeon lazily argued back, playing with her camera. Sunny pouted unable to muster back a argument and dropped it.

 

"They told me today, you're just going to watch the other photographers take shots of the idols," Sunny explained. "So make yourself comfortable and watch."

 

Taeyeon let out a tired sigh but obediently turned her head towards the shoot that was going on. Her eyes immediately found a familiar face, the face she had been looking for, for the past two weeks. Despite the fact that her usual blonde hair had been dyed into a light brown, even though she never never actually wore any heavy makeup, and the woman posing had a more chic and cold aura, face stoitic. Taeyeon was sure.

 

"Sooyeon." The name came out as a low whisper.

 

"Okay good good.....now look too your left Jessica-ssi." The photographers word dropped a huge weight on top of Taeyeon's shoulder, her stomach turned and twisted almost in nausea. Her mind flew back to what Sooyeon had said that day one the beach.

 

"Would you hate me if I lie?" The words stuck her giving her a headache. "I would rather hate someone for who they are then love them for what they're not..." Each word, that echo voice through her head, gave her heart a tight squeeze. Was this what she had meant.

 



 

A/N: I know I said I would update Hired Lover next but I didn't know what to write so here I am. Jessica only popped up a bit at the end of the chapter, but I promise she'll appear more soon. Let's see for those of you who might want to know their ages, Taengsic are 25 so I guess that would make Krytsal 20. Also now you know Taeyeon and Krystal are now workers of the same place, and that's how love blossoms....just kidding. *Ahem* I thought that was a nice way to end the chapter hehe. If you have any questions or criticizes comment them below and tell me how you are liking this chapter XD.