Chapter 1

Chasing A Summer Fling

The plane took flight in a smooth manner, the ground slowly seemed further away as they descended to a higher level. The city seem to fade into a small blur. It was late into the night, The sky took a midnight run, it was a cloudless night which made the sky appeared darker than usual. The luminous city light was what brightened the view but slowly disappeared as they soared higher into the evening sky. 

 

Taeyeon let a distressed sigh slip from her lips, she wrapped her arms around herself with the blanket, the plane was slightly warm yet she still felt a sense of empty coldness. Sooyeon. It was because she wasn't here with her. She missed the blonde's warm body snuggling against her's, how their hand, lips would fit perfectly like they were meant to be, how Sooyeon knew exactly what to say, exactly what to do.

 

It hadn't even been long since Sooyeon departed L.A without a word, or a warning. If she had been just a few minutes earlier for their date would she manage to see her one last time, before she left. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Taeyeon thought bitterly, shutting her eye. But coming to the realization that if she was given a chance to see Sooyeon that day, she knew she probably wouldn't be able to let go. She was her drug, an undying addiction.

 

Taeyeon thought back to that day last week. The day before Sooyeon disappear like the wind, leaving no trace of any evidence behind. She remembered it like it was yesterday. The touch of the salty sea breeze, the setting sun shone on them. The perfect date. How cliche. The feel of the soft, smooth hand in her's was unforgettable. How could she forget.

 

"If I were a different person, would you still love me?" The question came out of the blue, catching Taeyeon off guard. Taeyeon rose her brow in inquiry. Sooyeon gave a thin smile. "Would you hate me if I lied?"

 

Taeyeon left the question hanging in the air, unsure of what to say. She knew the answer, just the fact of conveying it was a problem. Of course, she would never hate Sooyeon, the thought of it was unthinkable. "Never." The only would that would leave , she her dry lips, tightening the hold of her girlfriend's fragile hand. 

 

Sooyeon gave a faint chuckle as reply. "Never?" She questioned, almost sounding in doubt. "I would rather hate someone for who they are then love them for what they're not. Doesn't that apply with you?"

 

"No, it doesn't." Taeyeon answered softly, finally finding her voice. "Not with you, I'm too in love, I went in too deep from the shallow waters, it's too late to start walking back when I'm swimming."

 

Taeyeon's eye's held Sooyeon, hoping answers would reflect in her eye's, but to her dismay it was blank and hollow an expression she never knew Sooyeon had possessed.

 

"You won't let me drown, will you?" 

 

"How can you say that so easily Taeyeon?" She shook her head, almost let out a bitter laugh. Taeyeon had made it known that she had loved her. Everyday, every night she would announce it out loud for the whole world to hear and sometimes whisper it by her ears, never failing to send shivers down her spine with each word. "You barely know me, and you think you're already madly in love with me?"

 

"It happened accidently, in a heartbeat, a single flashing, throbbing moment then before you know it you're all I think about no matter where I am, what I'm doing, you're everywhere and I want you to forever stay here with me, physically and-" Taeyeon moved Sooyeon's hand and rested it on her chest, onto of her beating chest. "Right here."

 

Silence engulfed them, neither of them broke away from the contact, both trying to decipher the look in each others eyes. Taeyeon swallowed hard, when Sooyeon refused to say anything, she practically just proposed to her but why isn't she saying anything. Anything would have been fine.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, are you proposing to me?" The sullen look on Sooyeon's face was gone, replaced with a usual playful woman catching Taeyeon off guard once more, had she just imagined the seriousness that occupied Sooyeon's face the entire time

 

"What if I was?" Taeyeon challenged. "Would you say yes?"

 

All Sooyeon did was looked out into the vast empty beach, the sun had slowly left them, the only light source was a beach party happening not too far from there. But even in the dark, Taeyeon could still make out her figure. Even in the dark, she was still just as beautiful.

 

 

"I miss you." 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Taeyeon eye's shot open at the familiar sweet voice, but to her dismay it wasn't Sooyeon. She observed the girl who's voice homonym Sooyeon's.  The girl was taller, with a slight athletic build giving the impression of a sporty image but at the same time a the look on her face gave her a feminine feel. Her hair was bleach dye blonde, with a small doll face. 

 

"Can you move you're bag, that's my seat?" Another shot at hearing the voice made her realize how different the two had sounded, what was it that made her think it was Sooyeon. Taeyeon refrained herself from letting out a tired sigh when she got up to move her bag to the top compartment, muttering a soft apology.

 

Taeyeon once more cocoon herself with the blanket, it wasn't comfortable, the sheet were thin and barely covered her entire body, but as of now any comfort would do. She stared at the only picture she had of Sooyeon. The blonde never allowed herself to be caught in any picture when she was with Taeyeon, no matter how much she insisted the answer would always be no. The reason behind this picture was when Sooyeon tired herself out, then leaned her head onto the comfort of Taeyeon's shoulder with closed eyes. And Taeyeon took advantage of the situation, quickly snapping a photo of them.

 

The photo was the only proof of her sanity, that Sooyeon was real. That they were real. She wasn't a goddess pulled straight out of her fantasy but at the same time Sooyeon was, except she was better than any other her fantasies. She just couldn't let Sooyeon go, which brought her to this situation, a plane leaving L.A to Seoul where Sooyeon said she had came on vacation from. Taeyeon was suppose to be going back to Korea anyway, but Sooyeon gave her a change of plans, making her leave earlier.

 

"Is that your girlfriend?" A soft voice loomed over her thoughts, pulling her out of her memories. Taeyeon thought about answering but settled for a nod. Her seatmate smiled, "She's pretty. Mind if I take a look at the picture?"

 

Taeyeon hesitantly handed the photo over to the blonde hair girl. The girl inspected the photo, a unreadable look was plastered over her doll like face. Her faced change into a look of wonder, tilting her head as if trying to remember, suddenly her face brightened and a smile replaced her cute frown. Taeyeon finally let out a chuckle, unable to withstand the adorable show laid out before her. 

 

"You finally smiled." The blonde suddenly commented, wearing a grin. "The entire time you had such a glum face, it was so unpleasant to constantly look at."

 

Taeyeon had a look of surprise, it was true. She hadn't smiled since Sooyeon left, almost like the term had been erased from her mind but it wasn't because she forgot how too it was because it was too painful to smile without Sooyeon around. "I guess I should thank you then."

 

"So what her name?" The girl asked, handing the picture back. "Did you guys breakup? I mean if you're comfortable talking about it, if not it's fine."

 

Taeyeon exhaled a deep breath, "Sooyeon, that's her name. As of right now, I'm not sure if we are broken or not. That's why I'm going to Korea to find her and find out the reason behind her sudden disappearance."

 

"And then what?" Her seat mate asked, Taeyeon blinked. She was right; then what. She was just focus on finding Sooyeon at the moment that she never cross the fact that maybe she didn't want to see her again. The chance seemed so slim that Sooyeon would just casually throw her aside. "Confess your love to her once more?"

 

"That doesn't sound bad, actually." Taeyeon let out a smile.

 

"What if she doesn't want you?" The blonde girl asked, and Taeyeon was fully aware that the girl knew herself how insensitive the question had been, yet she still asked. Guess curiosity does get the better of someone.

 

"Then I'll make her fall in love with me, all over again."

 

What a typical response. Taeyeon thought after the words had left . So unoriginal, and now that she said it sound somewhat lame. But that girl clearly thought it was amusing and cute. She chuckled then it became a full out laughter. "You're cute you know that?"

 

Taeyeon blushed at the unsuspected compliment.

 

"You know if thing don't work out between you and your girl," She leaned over to Taeyeon's ear. "Just so you know, I'm totally available." She finished it off with a cute wink.

 

"Guess I'm lucky to score such a hot girl without trying." Taeyeon teased back. The blonde hair girl giggled. 

 

"By the way I'm Krystal." She held out her hand, waiting fro Taeyeon to react to it.

 

"Taeyeon." 

 

"You know if you're going to Seoul, you can come stay at my place if you want, unless you have a place to stay already." Krystal offered innocently.

 

"Actually I live there, with my friend," Taeyeon explained, even if she didn't have a place to stay, Krystal's offer was not even consider an option. Was it guilt. Does that counts cheating? Taeyeon thought, Of course it does, she answered herself mentally. 

 

"Guess we're friends now, so I get to visit you anytime I want and smooch off you right?" 

 

"Taeyeon laughed, a genuine laughter. "I guess that applies for me too, but just so you know if you're coming to my house for food, there won't be any, my friend raid and empty it out every time.''

 

The rest of the long plane ride didn't seem that long, she exchanged playful banters with Krystal, Krystal was a fun person to hang around and something about the way she spoke appeared as if she knew something Taeyeon didn't. But nonetheless the time spent with her brightened up her week and it made her almost forget about Sooyeon leaving her. Almost.

 



 

A/N: There you have it a long first chapter! Sooyeon as we all know is Jessica. And I decide to add the tag Krystae because I thought some drama would be fun, just because I hardly ever write any. I skipped Taengsic summer love in L.A and decided to just move into the story and add bits of flashback now and then to clarify. Was that a good idea? Thank you to those who upvoted and subscribed before the 1 chapter. Comment are appreciated blah blah blah. And I'll probably update Hired Lover next x3.