Chapter 3

Chasing A Summer Fling

Taeyeon fingers tapped impatiently on the steering wheel, she had been stuck in the same area for at least 10 minutes now. Quickly giving her watch a quick glance. 3:30. She was suppose to be at the building at 3:00. Of all the days, she had to be stuck in traffic today. Great she muttered to herself, first day of work and I'm already late. Well, not that punctuality was a moral.

 

Her hands unconsciously reached for her phone, the silence and waiting was slowly killing her; the screen brightened showing 2 missed calls from her boss, and 4 from Sunny. Taeyeon groaned, she was definitely going to be in for hell later, but even so the only thing she cared about was not lateness but if she would make it in time to see a certain brunette.

 

Jessica Jung. Taeyeon had searched the name in google right about the shoot had ended, talk about stalker like. Without a doubt the name popped out, her real name was Jung Sooyeon, the name part hadn't been a lie, that was sort of a relief. Her birthday had been April 18 1989, in a five member girl group called SNSD. Taeyeon remembered Sooyeon never talking about anything to personal, if fact the blonde turned brunette was very secure almost cautious about the information she let loose.

 

Taeyeon recall back to the day they had officially gotten together. Now that she thought about it, when did it become official, they were both drunk, mindless of all the champagne they drank. Without realization, they ended in a hotel the memory was a haze beyond that. Everything started puzzling into place the next morning where they both figured out and pieced what had actually happened.

 

Clothes had been flung throughout the room, and unexplainable wet spot was found on the bed, which later all made sense after some common sense. Sooyeon was rather calm about the fact, whereas Taeyeon freaked out over having to lose her first time in some drunken . Recalling back to that morning she made quite a fool of herself.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything, I was- we were drunk and it was stupid....." Taeyeon explained flustered like some teenage boy taking a girl's ity, wanting to take responsibility. Well, in this case she lost her ity too, still, close enough.

 

"It was stupid?" Sooyeon repeated with a slight frown forming,  Taeyeon gulped, having to use all the willpower left in her body to make eye contact with Sooyeon's eye instead of her half covered chest. 

 

"No, I mean I don't want a misunderstanding to ruin our friendship...." Taeyeon covered up, secretly wishing she had been sober last night but if she was then maybe the whole surreal situation could have been avoided. " Something like this, we should just fo-"

 

"What if I wanted it?" 

 

Taeyeon's mouth almost dropped open, she stared at Sooyeon's perfectly formed poker face yet still tried to find any crack that might leak emotions. For a second nobody moved, spoke, she wasn't even sure if she had been breathing at the time. 

 

"I- Wha- Can you repeat that?" Taeyeon stumbled across her words, making sure she heard the right words.

 

"I said," Sooyeon leaned in closer to Taeyeon, their face was now so close, Taeyeon can smell lavender shampoo with a hint of musky smell in the air. The minimum distance almost made it hard to breath. "I wanted you, even if it was drunken ."

 

Taeyeon remain speechless, she took a moment to absorb the dream like scenario before opening but words refused to leave. She swallowed, bitting her lips while pounding her brain for any response but still couldn't emit any thoughts, forget about words. So she did, what any confession of love needed, she kissed her. Softly, gently as if any force might be to much for something so delicate and precious.

 

Sooyeon was confused at first, but she slowly relaxed into the kiss, Taeyeon tongue parted Sooyeon lips, tongues meet as they both explored each others wet craven. An explosion of peace and serenity overwhelmed Taeyeon. The kiss made her dizzy, her blood rushed, heart thumping, pounding against her rib cage as if wanting to escape.

 

The kiss balance between sweet yet lustful, heat emitted from their body could be compared to the L.A sun, heat, in that split second that seemed like forever, the spark was undeniable.

 

"Is that a yes, I'll be your girlfriend?" Sooyeon asked slightly moved away but faces still at a close range. Before pulling Taeyeon in for another kiss, pushing her weight onto the petite sized girl, causing Taeyeon's back to drop on the bed with Jessica toppling over her. Fingers intertwined with the the silky golden locks, while Taeyeon's head found it's way to her waist wanting no space in between. 

 

"You have no idea how long I've dreamed about this." Taeyeon pulled away for that short second to answer, then pulling Sooyeon in for another kiss. Unable to get enough, it was exhilarating, addicting. She felt Sooyeon smile into the kiss. 

 

"It couldn't have been for that long."

 

"Long enough." Taeyeon eye's landed on Sooyeon's exposed chest as she lean down to look at Taeyeon, not seeming bothered by the fact her glory was exposed and Taeyeon was opening gawking at it intentionally yet unintentionally all at the the same time.

 

"Guess you should thank me, for making your dream come true." Sooyeon cockily claimed.

 

"In case you forgotten, that was a drunken night."

 

Sooyeon smile was replaced with a smirk, with her still on top of Taeyeon, her arms wrapped around Taeyeon's neck pulling herself closer, allowing her chest to touch Taeyeon's. The blanket was proclaimed to thin but still quite a nuisance. She leaned  down to Taeyeon's ear, sending shivers with each breath. "What if I told you I was sober last night?"

 

 

That night still send shivers down her spine, Taeyeon didn't think their "love" would ever end. Jessica was her first crush, love, time and relationship. To think it ended with not one word, did it even end. Sometimes the whole situation just seemed made up, deluded in her own fantasy. Taeyeon shook her head ridding any negative thoughts. All she have to do is talk to Jessica and everything can be cleared.

 

Without realizing it she had already made it to the building. 3:54. Carelessly she parked the car in the parking lot, rushing inside. She rapidly punched the button as if that would make the elevator move faster. The minute the elevator stopped on the 24th floor, she ran out looking for Jessica. But a voice called out to her making her freeze in place.

 

"Kim Taeyeon!" In a robotic motion she turned her head, and her boss stood right there with a face far from pleased. 

 

"Mrs.Choi..." She acknowledge in a low mumble, crap, she honestly didn't have time for  an annoying lecture from her boss.

 

"Where have you been, you're an hour late! And on your first day......" Taeyeon averted her eyes to anywhere but her boss's face, zoning out whatever her boss had to say. She let out a annoyed sigh, this sure brings back nice school memory, Taeyeon bitterly reminisced. "If Sunny didn't recommend you, you could be fired...."

 

Her eyes connected with Krystal's who was watching from the sideline, a glint of amusement was obvious in her eyes, mouthing something, Taeyeon had trouble reading. She look back at her boss, who gave her a stern expression but instead of lashing at her, she just sighed. 

 

"You get 30 minute free since the photographer took a short break, be sure to be here on time tomorrow." To that Taeyeon gave a firm nod, before running towards Krystal. The younger was waiting patiently as Taeyeon quickly made her way towards her.

 

"Was Jessica Jung here?" Taeyeon hastily asked.

 

"Well, hi to you too unnie." Krystal sarcastically replied, acting oblivious to Taeyeon urgent need to find Jessica.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude about it," Taeyeon sheepishly said, "I just need to see her."

 

"A fan?" Krystal mused, almost as if she's dragging the conversation out longer than it's needed. She had that same look in her eyes each time Taeyeon speaks of Jessica but Taeyeon couldn't make out the meaning behind the look.

 

"Well I guess you can say that."

 

"You know, there's something I been meaning to tell you; I'm just not sure how you would take in the news." 

 

Taeyeon blinked. Confusion was stated all over her face, "You can tell me, I may not look it, but I'm usually good at keeping my emotions at bay." Always. Never letting her emotions run loose, always in control, Taeyeon could count one finger the times she let her emotion get the better of her and it wasn't that frequent. Almost never and she doubt what Krytsal kept hidden was going to break that record.

 

"To be honest," Krystal inhale a deep breath, pausing for a short moment of time;as if going through her choices once more."Abou-"

 

Her words were cut off, by a familiar feminine voice that made Taeyeon's heart skip a beat. "Soojung-ah, mom said she coming over to visit the house, be sure to be home today."

 

Taeyeon snapped her head almost immediately towards the direction of the voice, a brunette was fair skin, in simple skinny jeans that still seem loose around her legs and white shirt a size too big for her. Simple yet dazzling make up flawlessly done, with a hint of blush.Her hair was messily at the same time stylish braid to one side, The moment their eyes made contact Taeyeon's breath hitched.

 

"Okay unnie, I know, you've been repeating it for the last 20 minutes." Krytsal commented with a hint of annoyance spotted in her voice, interrupting Taeyeon's stare. "You're starting to sound like the ajumma that lives in the room next door."

 

Jessica playfully slapped Krystal's shoulder giving her glare while she was at it, "Yah, is that how you talk to your unnie?"

 

"I'm saying this for your own good, ajumma." Krystal purposely repeated the forbidden word in Jessica's dictionary, just to annoy her sister. It was after all her job as the only sibling. Jessica simply rolled her eyes at her sister's antics.

 

Taeyeon who had been forgotten on the sideline, watching in amusement mixed awkwardness as the sister exchange playful banters. Krystal who was sharp enough to realize how uncomfortable Taeyeon must had been being left on the side decided this would be the perfect time to finish the "news" she had been almost dying to tell Taeyeon but didn't want to risk any mistake. Now was like a god given moment. Just too perfect.

 

"Taeyeon this is Jessica Jung, the person you were looking for and my sister," Taeyeon jaws almost dropped open in an unpleasant, unladylike fashion but instead she stayed stoned waiting for her brain to even process the words as a thought. She inhaled and exhaled quietly trying to stay in control of herself. She couldn't control the events that hurts her brain but she could control her emotions and right now it seem god was really putting it to a test. "And unnie this is Taeyeon. I'm sure you have lots to say."

 

Jessica tilted her head in a cutely manner, giving Taeyeon a bright smile, "I'm guessing you're a fan?" Jessica kept a warm smile plaster over her face. "Did you  want an autograph?"

 

Taeyeon stoned expression slowly changes into a frown, was that all Sooy-Jessica had to say to her. Taeyeon looked over at Krystal hoping Krytsal would clarify but the girl was just as confused maybe even more than she was.Taeyeon wasn't sure if she was being played with at the moment, as if any moment Jessica would trap her in a bear hug explain why she left and how much she missed her. In any moment they would share kisses and hugs, hey would be making up in any minute. Taeyeon waited and waited but Jessica just gave her a confused look.

 

Suddenly Jessica expression brightened, "Ah you don't have a paper right, give me a second," Jessica reached into her hang bag and pulled out a pink handkerchief with flower decorations on the top left and bottom right corner. She quickly scribbled her signature, before handing it to Taeyeon. "Here, sorry I don't have any paper either but this should do."

 

"I-" Taeyeon bit her lips, she didn't understand, why was Sooyeon acting this way, did she get the wrong person, were they not the same person. 

 

"Is something wrong?" Jessica had a concern look, there was nothing fake or theatrical performed about the expression; although Sooyeon was good at keeping a poker face but nothing other than that. "You don't want it?"

 

"Unnie." Krytsal started out, the whole situation seemed different than what she had planned out to be. Her sister was different. Jessica talked as if she never heard of Kim Taeyeon before, when clearly during the time of their relationship Taeyeon was all she talked about. This wasn't suppose to happen but she didn't want to blurt out any wrong word. Jessica ,must have a reason but Krystal couldn't stand how Taeyeon's face was expressionless even though deep inside Krystal knew it was the exact opposite

 

"Sica unnie, we have a schedule after this hurry up or we're going to be late." A fairly young girl with doe eyes, without a doubt she was pretty called out from across the hall making quick hand motions for Jessica to hurry up and get her over there, so they wouldn't be late for their radio talk.

 

"Okay Yoona, tell the others to wait in the car, I'll be there soon." Jessica called out, she turned her head towards Taeyeon and held out the signed handkerchief for Taeyeon to take. "Here. I need to leave soon."

 

Taeyeon hand unconsciously reached for the handkerchief, gripping it tightly in her hand. "Thank you." She quietly whisper, she wasn't sure if it reached Jessica's ears. Judging by the smile, she guessed it did. Jessica gave Taeyeon a brief hug, an affection they had shared so many times now felt so foreign and distant.

 

"Oh Soojung, don't forget that mom is coming later, remember to go home" Jessica sternly ordered Krytsal who gave a stiff nod. "And bye Taeyeon-ssi." The final words felt so final, it gave Taeyeon's heart a heavy feeling. 

 

Jessica was about to walk off, but Taeyeon grabbed Jessica wrist preventing her from moving forward. "Sooyeon."Taeyeon's eyes searched Jessica's hoping any for any response that prove Jessica was Sooyeon but Jessica simply titled her head and smiled.

 

"I prefer Jessica when I'm like this." With that Jessica her heels and quickly as fast as her her heels can carry her made her way towards the elevator.

 



 

Whew. This chapter was a bit on the long side for me and a bit on the down side. I added a bit of Taengsic's past here hoping it might give you more insight of their relationship. Krystal wanted to help Taeyeon but the idea end up backfiring, Jessica now is playing dumb and Taeyeon is officially dumbfounded. I'll add some Krystae in the next chapter since I added it as a tag. And a bit clarification on Taengsic's relationship at the moment. Is it too long for a chapter, I didn't want it to be this long but it just happen to come out this way. I'm done here. Comment your questions and critics or if you enjoyed reading  this super long chapter. Cya.