Three

Baby Goodnight

I hope you guys are following along with the story line and aren't really confused. ^^ because I like fantasy stories and so I made up alot of words and terms. But I subtly explain them so I hope you guys get it. :) Please comment!~


 

 

 

 

"Xiumin-eoh, you have to bow in the presence of the High Summoner." Sehun whispered beside him. Minseok snapped out of his trance to see that even Kris had his head bent in the form of a slight bow. Minseok got down on his knees, mimicking the action of Sehun and Joonmyun.

The heavenly figure dressed in all white, seemed to float down from the steps. Every single footstep was not rushed but fluid and seemed to melt with the movements of his surroundings. The High Summoner. Luhan. The lithe steps stopped right infront of him.

"You must be the one that travelled through time." Even his voice sounded like the whispers between angel wings. Minseok swallowed his dry throat and nodded. He didn't trust himself to speak nor look at his face at such close proximity. 

"Someday you must share the stories of the grand past with me." With a sweep of his cloak, he left Minseok's side to approach a huge circular well-like structure in the middle of the room. 

Luhan gathered all soldiers to the giant wooden structure. Minseok peeked down and saw that it was water. No, not water. It was green and it was a liquid. What was it? 

"Tree sap. Don't touch it though, it'll numb your hand." Minseok looked up to see Luhan smiling at him. He didn't think Luhan could get any prettier, but apparently he could. 

After everyone took their places around the structure, Luhan began chanting something. Minseok tried to catch it, but he couldn't neither hear it or understand it. It was a kind of strange made-up language. The tree sap in the well started to stir and out of it emerged a rod, decorated with diamonds and embellished with golden chains hanging from its circular loops at the top of the rod. Minseok didn't need Sehun to tell him that it belonged to Luhan. Such a beautiful and precious weapon would only find home in the hands of an angel. 

"Are you coming along, Luhan?" Kris spoke gently. Minseok was surprised a big Akhmid like him could be this soft and caring. 

"I have to. They are pushing. Fast." Luhan then turned to address the crowd.

"Soldiers, I thank you for bringing forth your courage and participating in this battle. This will not be a short mission of scaring off our enemies. We need to know why they are attacking us, what they want, and why they want it. Any questions?" Luhan looked worried, but he spoke firmly. Minseok just wonders how a person could look beautiful when all they did was talk.

Joonmyun shyly raised a hand. "Are we fighting Orks?"

Luhan closed his eyes. "I hope so, Joonmyun, I really do." And all Minseok wanted to do then was push away the deep frown that was formed at Luhan's forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The trek to the edges of the Wall was easy enough. It was their territory. But Minseok had never been outside these Walls. The territory of Akhmids on the Damsels was outlined by the Walls and there was no need for any soldiers like Minseok nor civilians to be heading outside these Walls. Healers and Summoners made sure Akhmids had everything they needed within this area. General Wu told them they needed to be self-sufficient. So far, it was working well. But like any other house, it faces unwelcome guests from time to time. 

Minseok stopped faced the huge grey wall. So, this was it. This was The Wall. Minseok reached a hand out, wanting to touch the grey stone that was built so high he couldn't see the top of it. Joonmyun caught his hand. 

"Don't touch, eoh. It's sealed." Luhan chuckled from behind. 

"You really stop testing things with your hand, it's dangerous. You could die." Luhan walked forward and pressed the top of his staff onto it. Immediately, a section of it disappeared. 

"What is it?"

"A hologram, protected with a password." Luhan answered him. A hologram? Designed to kill? Minseok shuddered to think the work that computer scientist were doing at the East Wing.

"This way." Kris's voiced boomed. 

And so begins the journey of the unlikely quintet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok didn't know what he expected, but it wasn't this. 

He knew it was the raining season outside of the Dome, he had been fully prepared of facing fierce raindrops and windstorms. But it was cold outside the Wall. Ice and snow piled at his feet and he thanked Shria that Sehun forced him into wearing wool-lined shoes and cloaks. It was winter? 

"The weather has been tampered with. It must be them." he heard Kris mumble under his breath as they pass another giant snow pile. They weren't allowed to take out hover aircrafts nor did Luhan summon any flying animals - Minseok was told the enemy was close. Minseok still didn't know who the enemy was, but if his enemy's power was ice, he's not going to be very useful.

But as the trek got deeper outside the Wall, and deeper into The Wailing Forest, he was thankful for his power. Minseok was only wearing shorts and a shirt with a cloak on his back and was doing fine, whereas his companions had already donned on several layers of protection against the cold. 

"This can't be normal snow." Sehun commented from beside him. The young boy rubbed his sniffling nose. Minseok felt bad that Sehun was only on this journey because he was worried about him. He walked closer to the younger one hoping to pass on some of his body heat. 

Suddenly Luhan stopped. 

"They're here." 

Everyone looked around. There was nothing around them, apart of snow fallling off the trees and the deafening silence of the forest.

Minseok turned to his left. He heard a sound. Kris looked at Minseok. He had heard it too. There was another sound. This time beside Sehun.

"Show yourself, intruder." Luhan's voice broke the still, frost air hanging in the atmosphere. 

"Who're you calling an intruder, when you have come into my forest, unwelcomed?"

Minseok looked at that ....thing. What is that?

 


 

 

XOXO