Two

Baby Goodnight

 

 

 

 

 

It was hitting the 3rd Sun Hour when Minseok was woken up by their dorm leader. Joonmyun had rushed over in a hurry and nudged him and Sehun awake.

"There has been a breach in the North Damsel." That was all he offered before going back out where he came from in a hurry. Minseok was accustomed to this. This was becoming a occurrence in their Dome. 

Minseok then gently shook Sehun's sleeping case, who was still sleeping soundly, awake. "We have to assemble in the Great Hall, Sehun." Sehun wasn't all too happy about being woken up with still 6 more Sun Hours to go before he had any duties. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry to wake all you soldiers up, but we need immediate assist in the North Side of the Wall. Our first line of defense has been taken down and though we believe that it's the work of disgruntled Orks in this bad weather, we can't be too sure." General Wu's voice boomed in the hall. Minseok always found it amazing that no one spoke in the presence of the Mighty General Kris Wu.  

Personally, Minseok found this salutation pretty hilarious. There were no Great Generals in his time. There were only Generals and those lower than him. But apparently the whole community of Akhmids in current time were all employed as soldiers which stayed grouped in units - females and youth alike. They needed more ranks and titles in their military wing. Minseok barely saw civilians walking around their Dome. Apparently,  (Joonmyun told him during the tour) being a civilian was like being a lower class of society because they can't contribute to anything except gathering food - but they had summoners and healers in Year 8102 - who needs food or herbs gathered by commoners? But Minseok had yet to come face to face with a real summoner - all he knew were people like Zhang Prof. whose science was so advanced he longer dares to call it science.

"Any volunteers?" Kris's voice brought him back from his thoughts. This was his chance. 

"I do." Minseok stood up. Sehun's eyes went wide by his side. The young boy didn't want his newly found friend to face any danger yet -  he knew Xiumin-eoh was strong, but his eoh barely knew the ways of their world! Sehun immediately stood up straight after, "In that case, I volunteer as well." 

General Wu turned to stare at the pair. "X.M., S.H., this will be your first possible clash with those not of our kind. The battles are never kind, are you certain?" Somehow, Kris's stare only seemed to give Minseok strength. "Yes I am." 

"I'll take care of them." A voice from behind piped up. Joonmyun. Minseok bit his lip. He felt guilty that all these people were volunteering to protect him. 

"Sehun, you're barely passed your Akhmidian ceremony!" Minseok tried to deter the young lad. Sehun held onto his sides. "No, eoh, I'm not letting you face them alone. At least I know how they look like." 

General Wu's voice boomed across the Hall again,  "Well then, S.H., X.M., J.M., follow me." 

 

 

 

 

The walk to the planning room was not in any of the dorm wings. There was a different building - built on the edge of the Biggest Damsel and the edge of the Dome. The walk there was impossible without the energy signature of at least one soldier in the higher ranks. Well, Minseok wouldn't say it's walking - he floated, ...wait, what does walking on the energy signature mean? Anyway, the ways of Yok 8102 confused him. 

"We're here." Kris stepped out of the energy signature path. (Sehun told him it was called Light Path and it's not necessarily red either - depends on your energy strength and level. Kris's one was special.) Minseok saw a huge tower with no windows and only a long bridge leading up to a single tall gate. He gulped. This may be more than he could handle. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Welcome, I presume you're all new to this?" A short but lean man appeared through behind the door, facing a bewildered trio. Minseok noticed he had funny shaped ears and lips that curved when he smiled. 

"Is that... a.."

"Tree fairy, don't call him an elf, he gets really annoyed with people mixing his race up." Joonmyun corrected Minseok before it could get worse.

"Oh." 

The tree fairy smiled. Minseok thought it was really pretty. It made him felt like he wasn't going for a potential war, but a retreat instead. 

"Tree fairies are deadly, eoh, don't be taken in by their smiles, that's their first form of defense." Sehun breathed from behind his neck, making no eye contact with the creature. 

"My name's Jongdae. J.D.'s my code. Key it into your Pulse Finder if you ever need to find me on the battle field.  Remember it, you'll need me." Minseok doesn't know how a person whose voice sounded like angel's bells could be so deadly. 

"But you aren't here to meet me, now let's get going, the Summoner will brief you." 

A Summoner? Minseok gripped his pants with tight fists. This sounds like a very important person. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae's Light Path was green. ("Does it have to with trees?" "No, eoh, it doesn't work like that.") They were led up to a higher level and into a large room with maps and drawings and funny symbols all over the wall. If he wasn't told this was a meeting room, Minseok would have thought a lunatic who happened to be a very good painter, lived here.

"Kris, you're here." A gentle voice floated from behind the large oak chair. The figure was clothed in a flowy white gown which Minseok was sure wasn't made of any materials found on Earth. There was an airy aura about the person - something heavenly. The person turned around. 

 

 

 

 

 

When Minseok was young, he often asked his father how he found his mother. How does he know he loves her? Was there such a thing as flimsy as "Love at first sight?" His father scolded him for asking such nonsensical questions. "You'll know when the time comes." Everytime he sees his parents looking at each other, he wonders how they could pretend all they could is each other while the whole world faded into the background. How can you possibly love someone, some entity besides yourself, that much?  

Looking this golden haired angel that descended from the steps to their ground, he whispered to himself, "The time came, Dad, it really came." 

The man smiled, "I'm Luhan."

No, you're an angel.

 

 

^^
I hope you guys aren't too confused.
XOXO