I·dée fixe

Drabble Collection: KaiSoo

Some crushes just never go away. They, build , instead, into something  permanent, obsessive and all-consuming.

Jongin didn't give a whether or not Chanyeol was Kyungsoo's brother. He didn't care if Baekhyun was just his best friend, and he especially didn't give a damn if their relationship with the boy was purely platonic.

Kyungsoo was his.

They weren't allowed to talk to him, to touch him, to have the privilege of laughing with him. They didn't have the right of being graced with his mere presence - much less given the blessing of seeing him smile. Only Jongin. He was the only one who had the honor - the pleasure - for Kyungsoo to need, to yearn for, to love. He was the only one worthy enough to lay his eyes upon such an angel; he was the only one who was allowed to look upon perfection incarnate himself. 

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo's heart-shaped lips formed into a smile while he read a book, and he stared in wonder and fascination as the light casted from the window bathed Kyungsoo in its golden glow. Jongin's breath was taken away.

Shortly, the boy was joined by his brother with his best friend in tow, and the image didn't seem to be as heavenly as it was before to Jongin. It was tainted with dirt and grime that those two buffoons carried with them. Chanyeol hooked his arm around Kyungsoo's neck, and Jongin's vision turned red with anger. How dare that - that vile creature touch what was his? How dare he taint him with his meager existance? 

That night, Jongin laid on his bed while he thought about how he should take out the trash.

Kyungsoo was sobbing. Why? Jongin didn't know. He kept babbling about his brother and his best friend, and Jongin wished that he would shut up for just a ing second because his ears were tired of hearing those ing names being spilled from Kyungsoo's mouth.

Jongin grasped Kyungsoo's jaw and forced the other boy to look at him. Kyungsoo's eyes were filled with fear, something that Jongin couldn't understand. Why was he so afraid? The animals who tainted him were gone. They would never bother him again, so what was there to be afraid of?

Jongin shook his head. Kyungsoo was still in a state of shock, and Jongin couldn't really blame him. He had almost been touched by his brother who was covered in blood. He must fear for his own purity - his perfection - that was almost defiled by those hands.

Jongin led him away from the bloody scene, and he grabbed Kyungsoo's favorite book that was placed on the table.

"Do you want to take this with you, Kyungsoo?" he asked in a gentle voice, but Kyungsoo only backed away and wailed even louder.

"It's your favorite Kyung… 'I-dee fixe'."

"No. No! Get away from me! Stay away!"

"Have you forgotten what it means?" Jongin asked with a cold smile as he stepped towards Kyungsoo.

"Don't - P-please! Don't hurt me! Please! Please!" 

Jongin approached the trembling boy, and with one strike to the head, Kyungsoo out, his face frozen in horror. Jongin gathered him in his arms and nuzzled the boy's neck as he whispered in his ear.

"It's an obsession.

 

 

Credits to yeppeunina for the wonderful poster