Don't Eat Me!

Drabble Collection: KaiSoo

First impressions are important, but everyone deserves a second chance.

divider.png

Jongin loved his job. Sure, it was a little scary at times, but that didn't stop him from loving it any less. There was just something about the graveyard. It may be the certain chill that covered the place like a blanket, or perhaps it was just the serenity that the place seemed to emit. Whatever it was, Jongin could certainly say that he enjoyed spending a lot of time in the graveyard.

One incident was all it took to change that. 

"Hey Jongin," Sehun, his fellow gravedigger, called. "I need to go now. Luhan's been ing about my 'inattentiveness' to his needs. And well, you know how he gets." Jongin nodded gravely and ushered Sehun away. He did know how it was when Luhan started ing. He was once caught up when the couple fought, and dang! Luhan could throw some serious !

Jongin grunted as he dug, and when he was finally over, he wiped the sweat off his brow and climbed out of the hole. Jongin was about to head home with a the thought of delectable food and a warm shower awaiting him when a hand grabbed his ankle out of nowhere. And of course, he freaked out.

"What the ! What the is this!" He kicked the hand and scampered away in fear. 

The hand then tried to claw its way out of the ground and all Jongin could think if was, '!'. He was frozen in fear while a body slowly rose out of the ground. And soon, he was face to face with a pale individual that looked heavenly compared to the bleak landscape that it stood in. Jongin's first instinct was to beg.

"Don't eat me! Please!" he pleaded while he knelt on the ground, his hands folded as if he was praying. "I don't taste good! Hell, I don't even have a brain!" Insulting himself had never been in Jongin's top ten 'must do' list, but when an unknown creature clawed its way out of the ground called for an exception.

The… the creature stepped towards him, and Jongin was reminded of a curtain flowing freely in the breeze. The damn dude was just that graceful.

"Why would I eat you? You aren't even a kid." Okay, so he obviously had a bad case ia. Because the sentence sounded so wrong in so many ways that Jongin didn't even know where to start.

"W-what are you going to do with me then?"

"Nothing," was the simple answer. "Leave my sight human." But Jongin couldn't. 

"What are you?!" he asked. Human… he was called a human. Jongin didn't think that it could ever sound insulting, but apparently, it was very possible. "Who are you?"

The creature frowned as if it couldn't believe that Jongin didn't know who it was.

"Kyungsoo, and I am a mormo." 

"A mormo? Those vampires who bite children? They exist?!"

"Yes," Kyungsoo snapped. "We do exist! Some of my brothers, like me, chose to sleep. Now, excuse me, but I need to find some bad children to prey on." 

"No!" Jongin didn't know where he got the courage, but he was not about to let a vampire loose. "Listen here you e. I can't just do nothing while you feed on children."

"So? Do you plan on fighting me?" Kyungsoo smirked at him, and Jongin just knew that if it ever came down to that, he would never win.

"N-no…"

"Then get out of my way." 

Kyungsoo started to walk away before Jongin found his brains again.

"Wait! I-I was thinking that maybe you - you'd like a warm bed to rest on after so many years down there…" 

What? 

What did he just offer? He must be out of his mind. Jongin did not just ask this pedo to enter his home and sleep in his bed.

"Great idea!" Kyungsoo beamed. "Lead the way." 

He was seriously ed.