A Man with a Dream

It's Just Business

Minho’s POV:

Everything looks good so far, I haven’t heard any complaints from their table yet. They’ve obviously been using their authority to get the servers around their table to fetch their food.

“Ah, Mr. Choi. It’s a wonderful even you’ve put together tonight. And I must say, the food is absolutely delicious this year.”

I was startled by a deep voice behind me, revealing Mr. VonDurf the CEO of Durf Inc. in Sweden. “Mr. and Mrs. VonDurf. I’m glad to see you’ve taken the chance and time to attend. And you both look amazing, per the usual.”

“Oh, don’t flatter us. As a young man, you know more about the fashion in today’s generation. We’re old, and we know it. So our attire might be a little out of date.” Mrs. VonDurf chuckled behind her gloved hand.

“Not at all. In today’s generation, old school is what’s appreciated the most as purest form of fashion.” I responded.

They both smirked and smiled after the compliment I had given them both. “Now, I see you’ve invited the Jung Sisters. I’m surprised they even attended. Not once did they look over any of the invitations I had sent them.”

“Well, you could call me persistent. Or you could call me in love.” I told them both.

Mr. VonDurf raised his eyebrow, confused to my statement. “Love, my friend? Are you in love with one of these young ladies?”

I turned my head back to where Jessica and Krystal had been sitting and smiled. Yes, I was definitely in love with one of the two. Now I understand that love can mean many things, and just doesn’t come out of thin air. I never believed in first sight, it was a stupid phrase that young high school students believed they had with their sweetheart. Absolutely impossible.

Flashback

“Yo, Minho. You going out with us tonight?” I heard Key call my name from down the hall of our share house. I stopped my fingers from typing on the keyboard to respond to the latter.

“Not tonight, man. I need to get this matrix fixed for this week’s meeting s at work. And it doesn’t seem like I’m getting it done anytime soon.”

Suddenly, I felt a pinch on the side of my neck and I jumped in surprise to the action. I snapped my head back to catch the culprit, and saw Amber with her hands up on both sides.

“Wasn’t me, dude.”

“Yeah, sure it wasn’t.” I dragged out sarcastically, and rubbed the area that was affected.

“Bro, come on. All you ever do is work and work. You need to relax once in a while, and working yourself up in front of a computer screen ain’t gonna cut it.” She explained, plopping herself down on my bed.

“You stare at a computer screen all day too, Am.” I reminded her.

She rolled her eyes and relaxed her entire body down on my bed, grabbing the body pillow just above her head and cuddled it. “That’s different. I’m making music. Beautiful music that makes people happy when they listen to it. I know that our jobs aren’t really in the same circle of occupations, but that’s the biggest difference. You job requires you to look at a computer screen all day and has you deal with old men and thousands of numbers. My job lets me express myself, and lets emotions I feel be released through the music booming through those speakers. And those who listen to me, they get lost in it. Sometimes you need to take a break and get lost too, Minho.” She raised her left arm and grabbed nothing, but thin air. Amber lifted herself up off my bed and began to step outside of my room.

“Just think about it, Oppa.” And left.

Amber’s words dug deep in my brain, possibly giving me some clarity on my current stress level. But she doesn’t understand that I love my job, maybe a bit too much. I mean being a early level CEO isn’t the easiest job out there, and not everyone in the world can do it. Although, she did speak some truth in what she said. I can’t let myself loose in my work like she does. I can’t express how I feel in my papers like she can.

The best medicine to stress is to relax.

“Aish!” I tossed my hair back forth in between my fingers.

I stood up from my chair and grabbed my jacket, “Hold on you two! I’m coming!”

 

At the Club

“So, I’ll be playing tonight at 8:45. A few DJ’s have already taken the stage so far to buy some time for me to prep myself.” Amber said as we entered through the heavy black doors of this underground club they dragged me to.

I noticed flashing lights beaming throughout the room, as well as the steam that was rising from the heat people were causing from some epic dancing.

“I don’t really think this is my kind of environment!” I yelled over the music for the two to hear me.

I felt Key and Amber grab both my arms, continuing to trudge into the swarm of drunk people. “Come on, ! Don’t you wanna know how a REAL DJ lives?!”

Thus, I allowed them to pull me deeper and deeper into the abyss of dancing people. Before I knew it, we reached the edge of the building and found ourselves at the bar of all places. “Jack, three atomics!” Amber yelled over the counter, leaning over to call the bartender.

“Amber! Yeah, on it! And as always, on the house!” The guy waved back, focusing his attention back to the bottles behind him.

I shook my head in refusal, “Woah, man! I don’t wanna be drinking tonight!”

“What?! that noise! No balls, no glory!” She shouted back at me.

. She pulled the ‘no balls, no glory’ card on me, meaning if I were to refuse I’d be deemed for life. Bro Code 101.

I clicked my tongue in between the spaces of my teeth, seeing the three glasses scoot its way down the bar counter.

“No way, Amber! This doesn’t look like just one shot! He made these a triple shot! Are you really trying to get me wasted?!” Key bellowed.

She slightly pushed his shoulder back, “Of course not! Just because I know that neither you or Minho have the alcohol tolerance I have, doesn’t mean anything!”

This Llama.

I was hesitant at first, picking up the glass and allowing the aroma of the liquid to flood my nose. I kicked my head back and let the mixture flow down my throat, resulting in a warm feeling that rose to my chest. I groaned as the heat slowly began to simmer down from its original position.

“Jesus.”

I felt extremely light headed afterwards, struggling to keep my balance.

“That was nothing! Minho, you look like you’re about to pass out!” I saw Amber’s cheeks flushed red as she yelled over the roaring music.

I waved my hand in front of my face, brushing off her statement, closing my eyes to help me focus on standing up right.

Amber patted me on the shoulder, “I’ll see you guys at the end of the night, I gotta go up on stage now!”

I saw her figure disappear amongst the sweaty bodies surrounding us, my eyes flickering back and forth between the people’s faces.

“Hey, let’s go dance!” I heard Key motion at me, pulling my arm through the crowd of people.

The alcohol was definitely hitting my system pretty hard, as my body began to sway to the noise that the speakers began to emit.

I love Amber’s music.

After several hours of dancing, Key and I found ourselves by the club’s booths where only high class citizens had the money to afford a spot. The pungent smell of alcohol was masked over by a strong sent of strawberries that shot through my senses.

What?

I was confused on how such a scent could overthrow a strong smell like alcohol itself. I swished my head back an forth, attempting to find the source of the sweet fruity smell. My gaze was soon met by a figure that swayed her body left and right to the beat Amber played. Her eyes were closed, allowing her mind to be engulfed in the music.

There was no words that I could’ve expressed at that moment, only the slight tap on Key shoulder before asking him one question.

“Key, who is that?”

He was puzzled at such a sudden question, fixing his attention on the beautiful woman. I could see his eyebrows scrunch together before scoffing at my remark, “That’s Krystal Jung. Full time CEO of Jung Corp.”

Flashback End

Ever since that encounter with Krystal, I had not been able to tear my attention from every move her and her sister did for their corporation. I desperately tried multiple times to set some sort of contract, not only to better my company, but to get closer to the girl who’s been on my mind for several years now.

I’ve finally have gained the chance to make what I’ve dreamed of happen. Krystal, I’m sure you and your sister will not be disappointed in what I have to offer. As a partner in business, and a partner in your life.


Aw, poor Minho and his feelings for our little Soojung! Too cute, but I'm sorry I gotta break your little heart!

Sora.