Finding a DJ

It's Just Business

???’s POV:

“Yes. Yes, Jinki. I understand. And no, I don’t think it’ll be too much to handle that many guests. It’s only a little over give or take 250 people? Besides, it’s a big night. Spectrum Industries’ annual business mixer is welcoming several different companies to possibly plan with. And this could be a big opportunity for us to expand!”

I rolled my eyes as the latter on the other line was complaining of being able to hold that many people in one area.

“Jinki, listen.  I’m only asking to rent out the largest venue. And money isn’t an issue; I’ve already paid you and if you’re asking for more money then that won’t be a problem.” I explained.

His voice seemed calm after the statement I had just declared to him, and agreed to my arrangements. “You won’t be disappointed Mr. Choi.”

“Ah, shut up, Jinki. What’d I tell you about calling me that?” I told him.

He laughed over the receiver responding, “And is that any way to speak to your Senior, Minho?”

“Aish, arrasso. I’ll see you tomorrow, Hyung.” I said.

“One more thing, Minho! You’ll need to find a music performer or DJ by the tomorrow. All our performers are booked, so you’re SOL.” He briefly said before cutting the connection between our lines.

“Are you serious?! Dammit, Hyung!” I shouted, slamming my phone receiver back into its holster.

I placed my hands on my hips, frustrated with the newly resounded news. “Why would he tell me such late notice?” I questioned under my breath, slumping back into my black leather seat. Massaging my temples, I heard my assistant open my office door.

“Ah, Mr. Choi?” I heard her calling my name.

“Not now, Kim.” I grumbled, motioning her to step outside with my hand.

I heard her heels shuffle a bit, but she didn’t leave the room. “B-But Sir, the company got a reply email from the Jung Sisters…”

With the sound of the worlds largest business corporation’s CEOs leaving , my head perked back up.

“Did I hear you right? You said the Jung Sisters right?” I asked her, reassuring I didn’t hear wrong.

“Y-Yes, sir.” She replied.

“Forward me that message right now!”

She nodded her head and scurried back out my door. Now my attention was directed towards my computer screen, my feet bouncing up and down with anticipation.

This could be it.

A ping sounded from my speakers, and without hesitation I immediately clicked on the subject that was labeled, ‘Jung.’

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

We’ve received your invitation to your annual mixer, several times before. And have now decided that both CEOs of Jung Corporation will be attending.  Please abide by these following regulations to ensure no distaste from either of the Corps’ CEOs, Jessica Jung and Krystal Jung:

  • No Cucumbers will be served at any time of any meal.
  • No Apples will be served at any time of any meal.
  • Absolutely no guests will wear bow ties.
  • A table is to be reserved for the two nearest to the podium and dance floor.
  • The two will be served first.
  • Pink White wine will be available at their table.
  • Ensure that there is a personal server at their table; the Jung Sisters do not like to wait.
  • A bell is to be placed on the table, allowing them to ring for the CEO of Spectrum Industry without standing.
  • There MUST be an amazing selection of music. No classical. No rock. No metal. No screamo. No hardcore rap. Pure dance music only.

If none of these regulations are met, your company will be sure to regret missing an opportunities from Jung Corps. Be lucky that this email is even being sent.

Jung.

 

My eyes trailed down to the last letter in the email, “Geez, are these girls really that high maintenance?”

I picked up my phone receiver and quickly buzzed my assistant from her desk, “Kim I want you to ensure that the regulations in Jung Sister’s email is met. I don’t care what kinds of methods are needed to make them happen. Just make them happen.”

“Yes, sir. Although, I did try to research a bit on the music DJs earlier, but I’m unable to find any on such short notice.”

“Dammit.” I cursed through the phone. I tipped my head back, inhaling a sharp breath and settling it back.

“Okay, I’ll handle the music. Just get the rest of the demands done by the end of today.”

“Yes, sir.”

I hung up the phone, before resting my elbows on the surface of my wood oak desk. I bit my lip and tapped my foot, thinking of whom I could contact for a late notice music performance. Suddenly, I felt a vibration within my pants’ pocket indicating an incoming text message. I rummaged through my pocket to retrieve the device, and noticing that the person whom had sent the message had attached a picture.

“Aish, Key. I hope you didn’t accidentally send a half photo of yourself for your boyfriend(s) to me again.”

The tips of my finger slid the unlock portion of my screen, revealing the message page. My eyes glanced down at the photo, and before I knew it I felt as if my eyes were going to burst out my sockets. I quickly typed dialed the diva’s number into my dial up page.

“Wae?” I heard his usual stingy voice through the other side of the phone.

“Kim Kibum, what the hell is this? Didn’t I tell you to take care of her while I was gone? I know I haven’t been able to come home for the past week, but that isn’t any excuse to go crazy, especially when I’m not there to look after her.” I strictly told him.

“Woah, don’t go blaming it on me. She made the decision by herself and even stated that she was a grown adult that didn’t need to be told what to do. And you know Amber, she’s a stubborn kid. Especially while under the influence, but be lucky that I stopped her before things got out of hand between the two.” He retaliated.

I ruffled my hair in between my fingers, “Aish, but now you’re to blame for the cut on her lip that it even started in the first place. What the hell were you guys doing out there in the first place?” I questioned, judging from the photo they were in Gangnam last night.

“Well, Amber had a gig last night. And they were paying her bank there, so I why would she even turn that down. I asked if I could tag along with her, only because Gangnam has all the hottest of hot guys out there. And why wouldn’t the King of all things hot be there?” He boasted about himself for the next few minutes before I cleared my throat for him to get back on track for his explanation. “And a few hours into the night, obviously Amber’s being hit on. Again and again. She’s had a few drinks at this point… Okay she had a lot of drinks at this point.  And it was her break off the stage, and she stumbled to the bar. I tried following her, but I was blocked in by the wave of people.”

“You mean you were grinding on some guy, so you didn’t bother to move from your spot.” I corrected him.

“Whatever, same thing. But I was keeping tabs on her. Some girl approached Amber at the bar, and this girl was an 8 in the face, 7 in the , 8 in the chest, and an overall score of possibly an 8.3. You could tell that this girl had been drinking a little, and tell that she was definitely digging Amber. I mean they practically looked like they were having with their clothes on.”

“Get to the point.” I firmly said, it was definitely one of Key’s traits I didn’t fancy too much the way he can drag out a conversation with pointless topics.

“Wow, someone’s feisty. Anyway, turns out the girl had a man. He trudged his way up to where this girl and Amber were planted and the rest was inaudible for me. Although, judging from the way he looked, he wasn’t at all happy. He began shouting at Amber and Amber started shouting back. She shoved his chest back, probably telling him to back off. And he responded with a closed fist to her right cheek.”

“KEY!”

“Hold on, I’m not done. She wiped her face and started to laugh, and threw a punch that had the power of like a thousand spirit bombs right back at him. He flew back a couple feet and landed straight on his . But before things got worse I ran off to push Amber out the door.”

I sighed, “Well how is she now? Is her lip fine?”

“Oh, she’s dandy. She’s still in her room passed out, and with a bucket right next to her. In case she decided to do the hurling deed.”

I groaned in disgust, “Okay. Stop, that’s gross.”

I had been so engrossed into the story Key was talking about that I had totally let the fact that Amber is a DJ go right over my head.

“! Key, could you wake Amber up? Like right now?” I promptly asked him.

“Woah, what’s got your in a bunch all of a sudden? Didn’t I just tell you that she’s fine?”

“That’s not the point. She’s my last hope in making my annual company mixer a complete success! I’m out of choices for musical performers, and she’s the only one I can count on.” I explained.

“Didn’t Amber tell you she didn’t want to agree on DJing for any of your parties, because they’re boring and only like the ‘corporate’ business music? Bland and boring.” Key reminded me of how Amber didn’t believe that people at parties such as mine don’t even pay attention to how there’s even music playing. If there’s anything Amber is truly passionate about, it’s her music.

“I know, but this party is different. I need dance music, one of the world’s largest companies will be attending, but only if there is dance music involved. And this is huge, Key. I need Amber’s help on this, she’s one of the most talented DJs I know.” I begged him over the phone.

I could hear a long sigh and light groan from the other side, “Fine. I’ll try to convince her, but I won’t make any promises!”

“You got a deal! And if she agrees on it, I’ll triple her pay, invite you to the party, and possibly buy you a new make up set.” I added the last few agreements to help boost his confidence in convincing Amber.

“You go a deal, Choi!”

“Yah, don’t call me that!”

He snickered and responded, “Got it. Consider your deal done.”

Perfect.


Yes, I know you guys are probably like WTF, Sora? Why haven't you updated? Da facq?

I know, I know. I've been slacking. But JAPAN is so much fun like omfg. If there are any Japanese readers in Okinawa, come hang out with me because I have no friends here...

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm working on a way to improve my wrtiting skills, so please bare with me and the mistakes I'll make in some chapters!

Sora.