Amber's Nirvana

It's Just Business

Jessica’s POV:

“This guy better have completed out requests to its fullest intent, and shouldn’t be wasting our time with a stupid party.” I nagged to the younger individual seated next to me.

“I agree, this better not be some busted company celebration. I don’t feel like spending my entire time with hungry erted old men. Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl.” I saw Soojung shuddered in her place.

“If any guy even tries anything with you, Soojung. His manhood will be severed by hands themselves.” I patted her shoulder, reassuring her that I had her back.

She flashed a slight smile, “Thank you, Unnie. Besides who needs men, when money is Bae number one.”

We sure as hell are sisters.

The car soon pulled into the parking lot of the Hotel, stopping directly at the fron of the clear doors of the entrance.  We noticed that multiple people began to shuffle back and forth in the lobby room as soon as our car had pulled up.

I guess they knew we were here.

“You ready?” I turned to my precious sister, seeing as she grabbed her clutch purse from the leather seats.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She sighed and rolled her eyes before our driver had opened the car door. He bowed in respect, “Here we are, ladies. Knock them off their feet.”

We both smirked and chuckled, “You already know the plan, Gregory.” I shooed him off with my hand and slid my arm into the small opening of Krystal’s. We walked into the extremely lit lobby, and were quickly welcomed by several servers and attendants.

“Welcome, Ms. Jung and Ms. Jung. It is a pleasure to have you here for Spectrum Industry’s annual company mixer.” A man had said at the opening of the ballroom, bending over to a 90 degree angle.

“It’s him again, Unnie.” I heard Soojung whisper in my ear.

I leaned my head back to her and responded, “Well, duh. It’s his party. It looks like he dressed too much to impress us. A tacky suit.”

We both chuckled and continued on to the ballroom, ignoring his welcome.

“Ah, your table is right by the stage, number 7. Just as you asked, with multiple servers at the table awaiting any request you’d like.” He followed Krystal and I like a lost puppy, ensure that we wouldn’t get lost on the way.

The set up of the party wasn’t too bad, I mean at least no one is wearing bowties. I settled myself down in the cushioned chair, placing my purse down on the table.

“Not bad. Not good, either. More of a just in the middle kind of party so far.” Krystal commented as she glanced around the room.

Walking to our table itself, we’ve seen five of the companies we had turned down in the past for a partnership. Without a doubt, they’re here to rekindle something with this Spectrum Industry to keep themselves from going bankrupt. Honestly, it wasn’t our fault that their charts and profits so much. There was no possible way that any of their companies could benefit our beloved Corporation.

I rummaged through my pocket purse to find my makeup mirror to check if any of my lip gloss had smudged on the way here. I was so fixated on the mirror that I took a small glimpse above it for a small second before looking back down. Something had caught from that small glimpse up. My eyes traveled back up to the area of the stage, revealing the DJ behind his electronic board. He brushed his hair to the side multiple times, to prevent his sight from being blocked. Although, every fifteen seconds his blonde hair would fall back to its original place.

Stupid.

“Ne, Soojung.” I called my sister’s name to grab her attention.

“Wae?” She responded from her lips, as she kept her view fixated on her cell phone screen.

I tapped her shoulder, “Look at the DJ, at least someone here has some sort of fashion.”

He might’ve worn a white blazer and cropped black pants, but it looked great.  “It’s simple, but I definitely like it.” Soojung commented, lifting her head to stare at the DJ with me.

For a brief moment, he looked at our direction and quickly retreated his gaze back down to his electronic board. Although, it didn’t waiver neither Krystal’s stares or mine from him. For some reason, he intrigued both of us. He brushed the right side of his hair back behind his ear and placed a pen there. Keeping his eyes still on the buttons of his board, he scratched the ride side of his face causing the pen he had just placed there to fall on the ground. After realizing that it had dropped, he bent down to retrieve the item. Although, in the process of coming back up, he banged his head on the table of where his gear was placed.

Krystal and I almost busted out laughing, before both of us covered our faces preventing it from releasing.

He began rubbing the top of his head and made a facial expression expressing how much that probably hurt.

“Idiot.” I heard Krystal chuckle under her breathe. “You might be cute, but you’re an absolute air head.”

My head snapped back to her, “Cute? Excuse me?”

“Oh, come on. You can’t even deny the he isn’t, Jess.”

My eyes arched back to where he stood, fixing his posture after his little boo boo session. I shrugged my shoulders slightly, “I guess, but he looks too much like a llama.”

“Pfft, a llama?” Krystal giggled. “Omo, you’re so right. He does. DJ Llama comin’ to you live.” She continued on, imitating his voice.

“Yah, Soojung. Keep your voice down, he could hear us.” I said pressing my finger up to my lips. She shrugged back at me and continued to giggle, and soon after I followed in her giggle pursuit.

“Now, let’s hope he plays some good music later on. I feel like I would die without dancing the night away tonight.”

 

Amber’s POV:

Oh crap, everyone must’ve seen that.

My face began to glow beet red after hitting my head against my board’s table.

Oh, geez. That’s really embarrassing.

I could hear snickering coming from the table to the right of me, the Jung’s table. They must’ve caught me acting like a complete dork when that happened, and them of all people.

“Hey, I saw that. Are you okay?”

I turned my head and saw Minho climbing up the stairs of the stage. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Just making sure. Is the microphone to the podium working? We’re about to start.” He said, continuing to walk towards the podium and shuffling the papers placed on it.

“Yeah, it’s all yours. Break a leg, bro.” I flashed him a smile as I turned up the volume on the microphone.

 

“Hello, and welcome to Spectrum Industry’s 4th annual Company Mixer. I’m glad that many of you had taken your own time to attend this event.” Minho paused, allowing the guests to clap.

“Now this event was organized to welcome new and old companies into the whole business environment. Take the time to enjoy yourself, and talk to neighboring companies. This year we’ve supplied a DJ to help spice things up in the atmosphere. You are welcomed to treat yourself to our completely free bar, free buffet, and open dance floor. Thank you again for attending.” He said and bowed, smiling back at me before continuing his way back off the stage.

That was my cue to play a hint of dope mixes, before getting into the true music I’ve been dying to release. I spun one of the jog wheel over and over again, allowing the mix to play. My fingers pressed a few buttons to enhance some of the bass and tremble on the beat. My computer showed a consistent pattern, letting me know that the mix is going through correctly.

I took a deep breath in, inhaling the sweet sound into my body of the beats that left the speakers. Pure bliss.

I felt this each time I created music with my hands or with the touch of a DJ mixer, it doesn’t matter. Music fueled my life. And this was just the beginning of the night, wait until I’ve gotten into the deep bass music. I won’t be able to control myself, I’ll be lost in the notes playing. And that’ll be it for me.


Do you guys love that I've updated three times?! This only because idea are just over flowing from my brain about this plot, oh god. It's so good in my head like ohlsjdlkdfjoiehfawljlad. I hope you guys like it so far! Comment. Upvote. And Subscribe!

Sora.