Prologue

Remember Me: Vanished Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

All my life, the only two things that I’m special at was to forgive and forget. I am a weakling who was afraid to choose for myself and all I did was to trust destiny and fate to do all the things for me. I’ve always thought that maybe things are going to be fine just to trust this two. But the beast that I was supposed to tame became my master and all I could do now was to burst out crying for my stupidity and for not using my second chance well. Everything used to be perfect. I've always thought that I found so much more than a story book romance, a better fairytale than Cinderella's. But I made a mistake again. It is bigger than the previous one. And here I am, refusing the person I love, doing a mistake all over again.

My gaze was looking at a far distance but I couldn’t see anything. My head was filled with thoughts, decisions and memories. This time I’m the one who was going to decide for myself. I’m afraid but I won’t ask fate and destiny for help again. I want to start all over for the second time but I’m doing it myself. So maybe now, the right thing to do was to avoid him.

“I'm sorry” I said as my tears welled up and hastily rolled down on my cheeks. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself. I don’t want him to hear my sobs. I want him to know that I’m not hesitating to do this, that I know what I’m doing very well. I exhaled air again and clenched my fist as I was about to say words I never thought I would be saying to him, “I can’t do this anymore,”

The pain was piercing through my heart. I couldn’t face him because if I did, I will swallow all my words again. My confidence will drain if I saw those mesmerizing eyes, begging me to forgive him. So all I have to do was to face him my back and hide my pathetic and selfish self. I’ve already forgave him so many times and that’s enough. Life just didn't work like that.

 “What are you saying?” his voice was filled with perplexity, too shocked of what he heard. But he heard it right. I really think that this would be the best for us. They belong to each other and I know that he’ll be happy with her. I’m just a bother, trying to separate them, his flawless façade who hides him from his own misery. "I don't understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter