Straw

The Wondrous Stride of a Mugunghwa and a Peony

Straw: Agreement

To say that the first part of the tutoring session between Sehun and Luhan was uncomfortable would be an understatement. It was beyond awkward. Not only did Kai’s presence add a bit of tension between the two boys since no one admitted knowing the other one in front of the youngest Kim, but they refused to look at each other in the eye. If they did, they would pretend that even the slightest speck of dust in the room was worth their attention rather than the other person. Still, tutoring meant study time, so that is one thing that the boys actually managed to do.

“I’m hungry,” Kai said, making Sehun and Luhan jump. “I’m going to the kitchen. Do you guys want something in specific?”

“Just water,” both boys said at the same time. Their eyes widened slightly in surprise. Kai just smirked in amusement. “I’ll be right back.”

As soon as Kai left the room, Luhan let out a loud sigh and stood up. Sehun lifted up his gaze to follow Luhan, who was walking towards the window. He kept staring at the other unconsciously, and realized what he was doing when Luhan spoke.

“Have you told anyone about what happened yesterday?” Luhan asked.

“Um, what?” Sehun was caught off guard.

“Did you tell anyone about you-know-what, yes or no?” Luhan asked him once more, this time he turned to face Sehun.

“No,” Sehun answered.

“It shall remain that way. I don’t want anyone, especially not Kai or Yixing to find out. Am I clear?”

Sehun was about to agree, but instead of replying yes, a “Why not?” came out of his mouth.

“It would cause too much trouble, for both Sung Nam and I. As much as he deserves whatever hell the guys would give him if they found out, it is my problem, not theirs. After all, I was the one that befriended him.”

“What? How could you befriend that guy?!”

“I thought he was different. He came up to me for help. He was nice and gentle, or at least he pretended to be so he could bed me and use my wealth for his heart’s desire. I found out about his plans last week when I overheard him and some students from 2-C talking. I denied his ‘love’ confession and that’s why Nam acted the way he did.”

There was a long pause before either of them could speak.

“I know you don’t want me to tell anyone, but are you going to report him?”

“Of course I am! I’m not going to let this fade away just like that. But I cannot be directly involved; I have a reputation to uphold, whether I like it or not. Luckily, I found out a few of his dirty secrets that day, so I’m going to use that against him.”

Sehun didn’t know whether he should be relieved or terrified by this.

“Going back to my question; do you promise not to tell anyone about this?” Luhan asked.

“I promise… as long as you report that Sung guy,” Sehun answered.

 “Good,” Luhan said, “I also want to apologize for my behavior. You didn’t deserve anything else that wasn’t my gratitude. I was being rude, and you had every right to call me an ungrateful bastard,” Luhan told Sehun. Sehun was speechless; he really didn’t expect Luhan to apologize for what he did. The previous day, Luhan had acted like a prick. Then again, who was he to judge someone he barely knew? To top it off, Luhan had to deal with stuff like that, so he could cut the guy some slack.

“You don’t need to apologize. It was just your reaction to what happened earlier. Anyone could’ve acted the same way you did. I guess I should also jump the sorry wagon right now, since I don’t really have the excuse to call you a- a, er-” Sehun didn’t want to offend Luhan one more time.

“Ungrateful bastard?”

“That. So, we both admit doing stupid things yesterday and we’re both sorry for that. Truce?” Sehun offered his right hand. Luhan walked towards him and held Sehun’s hand.

“Truce,” Luhan said, a kind smile adorning his face. “Let’s forget about yesterday and start anew.”

“Deal,” Sehun agreed. “My name is Oh Sehun, and yours?”

Luhan laughed mirthfully. “My name is Luhan. It’s nice meeting you.”

“The pleasure’s all mine,” Sehun said with an exaggerated bow. This caused Luhan to laugh again. “Copycat.”

“Rude,” Sehun told Luhan playfully. “Where were we at?”

“We were discussing this question,” Luhan said as both of them sat down in their previous spots. This time, the tutoring session wasn’t filled with tension; it was peaceful and Sehun liked that.


“I made it! I managed to increase my average!” Sehun cheered when he arrived at their usual table.

“See, I told you so,” Kai grinned.

A week had passed since Luhan started tutoring Sehun, and the latter managed to pass an important exam they took a few days ago with an A. Sehun was so glad; he was going to keep high grades thanks to Luhan.

“What did I miss?” Sehun heard Luhan’s voice behind him.

After their truce was made, Luhan began sitting with his friends again, making the occasional visit to the veranda with Sehun for tutoring sessions since their table wasn’t the best place to study at.

“The maknae passed his exam,” Yixing answered.

“That’s great!” Luhan exclaimed. He had complete faith in Sehun when it came to his studies; the younger boy was such a bright student.

“It’s all thanks to you,” Sehun told Luhan before hugging the boy. Luhan let out a quiet gasp; he was surprised, but after a few seconds, he decided to return the favor. They stayed that way for a bit until Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“I’m sorry for interrupting this scene of affection, but can you move out of the way?” Chanyeol didn’t look sorry at all. Sehun and Luhan stepped away from each other and went to sit down with their group.

While they were all eating and chatting with each other, Sehun ignored his food to observe his new friends. Tao was cooing at something Yi Fan did, Baekhyun was “fighting” with Chanyeol, and Kai and Suho were involved in a wrestling match with Yixing, Kyungsoo, and Luhan as their spectators. Sehun smiled to himself because he finally found a place where he wasn’t just Oh Sehun, bookworm and straight-A student; he was just Sehun.

“Are you okay?” Luhan took Sehun out of his train of thought.

“Never felt better,” Sehun admitted. Luhan gave him a bright smile.

“Good,” Luhan told Sehun.


Author's Note: And here's another update for today. I feel so great today! No procrastination at all (well, sort of)! 

I'm glad I finished this chapter. To be completely honest, this was the hardest chapter to write so far. But on the bright side, Sehun and Luhan are friends... If you guys squint, you may be able to catch some pairings :P

Thanks again for all your support, don't forget to subscribe and comment below. I'll try to write sooner than later this week.

Love you guys,

Ulyana ^J^