Lotus

The Wondrous Stride of a Mugunghwa and a Peony

Lotus: mystery

There’s no way this is real.

Wearing a gray blazer, white blouse, gray pants, and black leather shoes, Sehun was gawking at his surroundings. In front of him was the statue of a lion and behind it, a majestic five-story Greek building stood. He was finally outside of SM Academy.

After he made his decision, Jae-Hwa spoke to Soo Yun and Young Soo about this and they gave their permission without any hesitation. The rest of that Thursday and Friday, his school records were transferred to SM Academy and he was admitted as sponsored student. Saturday consisted of buying the necessary supplies such as his uniform and books. After that, Sehun was given time to rest for what would come the next day. That day arrived and here he was feeling slightly nervous. Despite the fact that Kim-si told him his sons, Joonmyeon and Jong In, would find him and guide him to his classes, Sehun couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable since he didn’t know anyone. Heck, he didn’t even meet the Kim brothers; he was only able to see a picture of the two. Not that he knew anybody in specific in his previous high school, but Sehun figured that his new classmates have known each other for years. Oh Sehun was now a stranger entering the academy’s walls.

“Um, are you lost or something?” a voice interrupted his thoughts.

Sehun turned around and saw a tan boy with brown eyes and full lips. Sehun couldn’t find the proper words to describe him. Everything in the boy’s appearance was messy, yet refined. He also exuded superiority, wealth, and grace. If the school didn’t fully intimidate Sehun, this boy made Sehun want to hide in a corner.

“I haven’t seen you before. Are you new?” the boy asked Sehun, bringing the latter back to reality.

“Um, yeah. This is going to be my first day,” Sehun responded quietly but the boy managed to hear him.

“Wait, is your name Oh Sehun?”

“Er, yes?”

“Oh, that was easy! I thought I would have to look for you all morning,” the tanned boy started laughing, “My name is Kim Jong In. Father told me about you.”

Ah, so this is Jong In-si…

How could you not recognize him! They showed you a picture of the boy and his brother for Pete’s sake.

“I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you. I’m just a bit nervous,” Sehun admitted after bowing to Jong In.

“Don’t worry, I don’t bite…most of the time,” Jong In said, although he muttered the last part so Sehun couldn’t hear.

“Jong In-si, I’m sorry if this sounds a bit foolish, but I was told I would meet you and your brother today before classes started. Where is he?”

“Suho had to leave home early because he needed to speak to one of his professors about something. But you’ll meet him later on. For now, I have to accompany you to go get your schedule. And don’t call me by my first name. Instead call me Kai.”

Suho? I thought his name was Joonmyeon… Oh well, Jon- I mean Kai-si seems nice. Don’t panic, there isn’t time for that, Sehun.

Sehun followed Kai inside the building and walked into what seemed like the main office. A school secretary gave him his schedule which stated that he was in the same class as Kai. He also noticed that the school day was shorter than that of his previous school. “That’s because most students have other obligations related to that of their parents’ businesses, so the Academy is more lenient in school hours but is more strenuous than other schools,” Kai explained to Sehun. After this, the boys headed to class 2-A. When they entered the room, Sehun realized that it wasn’t empty. In fact, the whole class and the teacher were there.

“Annyeong Mah-ssam,” Kai greeted his seonsaeng, “this is the new student, Oh Sehun.”

“Mannaseo pangapsumnida,” Mah-ssam told her new pupil. Mah-ssam was a thirty-or-forty-something-year-old woman with black hair with a streak of white tied in a bun, lively chocolate brown eyes, and thin lips. She was wearing a beige suit and black heels.
“Class, this is our new student. Please introduce yourself,” Mah-ssam said to her class and to Sehun. Sehun walked to the center where Mah-ssam’s desk was. He gulped as he was being scrutinized by 30 students.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Oh Sehun. Please look after me,” Sehun introduced himself to the class. Soon, everyone was either whispering about him or squealing (in some of the girls’ case).

“Chanyeol-ah, please raise your hand. Sehun-ah, go sit next to Chanyeol,” Mah-ssam instructed. He walked through the aisles until he reached the seat next to a boy with dark auburn hair, dark brown eyes, and slightly big ears.  When he sat down, he noticed the boy named Chanyeol gave him a friendly smile. Sehun returned the gesture. Throughout the lesson, Sehun and Chanyeol were passing notes since they didn’t want to interrupt their seonsaeng. Sehun learned that he didn’t need to worry about stuff such as being judged for his background in front of people such as Park Chanyeol. In fact, Chanyeol excitedly told him Sehun was the first non-wealthy person he’s spoken to other than the usual employee and that he always wanted a commoner friend (Sehun didn’t know whether to mentally laugh or feel slightly offended, but chose the first option). Three hours passed and it was time for lunch break. After cleaning duty, the students of 2-A exited the classroom with Sehun being the last to get out. He tried catching up to Kai and Chanyeol, but lost track of them when they turned a corner. His only guess was that they used the staircase, but which way?

Try upstairs, after all, you’re on the second floor.

He listened to the voice inside of his head and went upstairs. There was no sign of anybody nearby and Sehun started to think that he wouldn’t reach the lunchroom any time soon.

Luckily, it’s a free period, but I wonder if Kai-si or Chanyeol-si noticed I wasn’t following them…

Sehun realized that he had reached the end of the staircase when he noticed a sign that said “Fourth Floor and Veranda.” He was curious about what the veranda contained since his previous school didn’t have one, so Sehun headed in its direction. He noticed the doors were open. When he went in, Sehun was astonished. Flowers, from mugunghwas to peonies, were hanging on the pillars and the rails. There were white chairs and crème-colored clothed round tables and a rosy beige chaise lounge facing its back to him. It looked like those photographs that one would see in home décor magazines. However, his observations were cut short when he heard a low moan come from the chaise lounge.

What the hell?

He saw a slender arm grasp the back of the chaise lounge. More came from that spot. Sehun froze when he realized there was another person was in the veranda with him. Soon, he saw an androgynous-looking boy with light reddish brown hair, fair skin, hazel brown eyes, and lush rosy lips. He was probably sleeping here, Sehun thought. The boy didn’t seem to notice his presence, so Sehun took this as a chance to get out. Unfortunately, he stumbled with one of the chairs, causing it to make a screeching noise. The boy jumped when he heard the noise and looked at Sehun’s direction; that was when his doe-eyes widened. Both boys remained where they were, staring at each other, neither of them making a sound. The deafening silence was broken when footsteps and voices were heard outside the veranda. Sehun turned around, and saw it was Kai and Chanyeol, accompanied by two boys who were in their class.

“There you are!” Kai exclaimed. “

“Good thing we found him before class, or else, we would get beheaded by Suho,” Chanyeol told a tall tanned boy with dark circles surrounding his eyes and a petite dark-haired boy who seemed to be wearing eyeliner. The two boys just nod in agreement.

“I’m sorry, Kai-si. I got lost and ended up here,” Sehun explained.

“Doesn’t matter,” Kai replied nonchalantly.

“Wow, I haven’t seen this part of the school in a while,” the boy with the eyeliner finally spoke.

“Yeah, it seems to be empty as usual,” Chanyeol said as he inspected the inside of the veranda, “Weren’t you afraid of being here alone?”

“Alone? There’s a boy over… there,” Sehun said slowly and quietly when he noticed the doe-eyed boy was no longer there.

Where did he go?


Author's Note: I'm guessing you guys know who appeared. I know Luhan's presence in this chapter is very vague and short, but he will be appearing more in the following chapters.

I doubt anyone would notice this, but the building where the non-existent SM Academy has five floors. However, I'm using the order of main floor, first floor, so on and so forth, so the fourth floor would be the last floor. If you want to catch a glimpse of how the school looks like, it's here:

(BTW, the photo belongs to its owner. I'm just a lousy fangirl who writes fanfics rather than going to parties).

Thank you for subscribing. Please comment.

Until next time,

Ulyana ^J^