To Anyone Who's Reading This...

The Wondrous Stride of a Mugunghwa and a Peony

Hello,

 

I'm Ulyana, the author of "The Wondrous Stride of a Mugunghwa and a Peony." The last time I updated this story was in 2015, leaving this piece in fanfiction limbo. A lot of things have occurred during these odd 3-4 years in my personal life and I haven't had the chance to look back on this story until maybe last year. But I didn't really do anything else, just shared this rather personal aspect to my best friend in our IG chat and laughed at the feeling of nostalgia that overcame me. Fast-foward to two nights ago, I remembered how I started writing this story while in high school and was very excited about it that I actually made a draft synopsis of all the chapters, even the ones that I have yet to publish. I am now in my second to last year of college and it has been a while since I've attempted to write anything at all and actually publish it without pressing the "delete" button.

After reading over the story, I realize that there are some things that could be improved to say the least. Not everything is necessary even if I did plan for this story to have the plot length of a Mexican telenovela. I do believe that I can give this story a second chance and hopefully bring it to the happy ending that I envisioned, even if this is the last piece I ever finish before writer's block or life affect my ability to write (or do anything, really).

I will go over this story over the weekend once again and start writing whenever I have a break in an increasingly packed schedule of mine. I don't know if anyone is still reading this after 2017, but even if I have zero subscribers at this rate, I want to finish this story because TWSOAMAAP (I might definitely change the title, it's a mouthful) is my baby despite the OTPs being pretty much stale at this point (except for ChanBaek, they're still thriving) and any other changes in the Kpop fandom that have occurred over the years.

To anyone who's reading this still, thank you so much for the nice comments. I hope to interact with you soon.

Much love,

Ulyana