Chapter four

The Misconceptions of Us

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purple had turned to black and black to green. His cheek didn’t hurt anymore and he could cover it with makeup without any problems, but he didn’t really want to cover it. Why would he? It was his fault so he should carry it around so people would know he’d done wrong and had been punished for it.

“Won’t you cover the damn thing, Jongdae?” He heard his father’s harsh voice from behind him and turned to look at him. Mr. Kim didn’t have a wrinkle on his face, not a mark that evidenced time had passed, not a white hair in his head.

Not that it was all natural. Mr. Kim had always been concerned with his looks. After all, he was an important person in the country and always had to look his best and behave at his best.

Of course, he was only concerned with these things when he was in front of cameras, outside the walls of his house.

“Why would I?” Jongdae asked shrugging his shoulders as he picked his backpack from the couch and made his way towards the door, “I deserved it, right?”

He smirked as his father’s face transfigured with the usual anger and before he could yell at his as always, Jongdae grabbed the door’s handle and jumped outside and jumped in his motorcycle.

The teenager scoffed as he looked at the sunny sky. Why couldn’t it be raining?

Jongdae found a strange comfort in the grey sky, but when did things go his way?

As he made his way to school, he realized he’d be late again, but he didn’t think much of it because Mr. Joonmyeon would probably just ignore the fact and wouldn’t give him detention. The elder had been avoiding him since the incident at the party some days ago and Jongdae found it rather amusing.

Even though he had grown with lots of things in his privileged life, he wasn’t really in money or anything of the sort…well, but he couldn’t really deny that he was a spoiled brat and what he wanted, he got.

And Jongdae wanted Kim Joonmyeon and his pretty and dorky , and he would get it.

But not today. Jongdae wasn’t really feeling like himself and he felt so damn tired of everything. He just wanted the day to end, but then he thought about his friends.

“Damn it, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo won’t leave me alone about the damn practice. Ugh.”

Mr. Kim had oh-so-kindly offered to restart the music club since Baekhyun had batted his eyelashes his ways.

Jongdae laughed at the thought, really, Baekhyun could make anyone do anything with that smile and attitude of his, which is why Jongdae had to form part of that stupid club. He was actually excited about it; he loved to sing more than anything in the world, but just for today, he wanted to cease to exist.

When he entered the classroom Mr. Kim was talking excitedly to the class about some sort of project but stopped talking as soon as his eyes fell on Jongdae. He threw a glare his way and the student would have laughed any other day because the other looked so cute instead of threatening.

Instead, he threw a kiss at the professor and the latter’s eyes widened in shock as he looked at every student making sure that no one saw the gesture, his cheeks were flushing and Jongdae was already in a better mood than when he left his house.

“Are you crazy?” Kyungsoo whispered leaning into his seat, his eyes were almost bugging out from his face. Jongdae only offered a cheeky smile.

From his other side he felt Baekhyun leaning in, “You so want him to you. You’re too , Dae,” he said so with the most angelic smile.

Hey, not because he was such a sweet and positive kid did it mean he wasn’t and inappropriate, dirty, erted mind.

“Yeah and his ,” Jondage said loud enough for some heads to turn his way, including Mr. Kim’s.

Kyungsoo shook his head and chuckled at his friend’s antics.

After his music elective class, Kyungsoo bid a momentary goodbye to his friends as he made his way to his Calculus class.

He cursed his short height as he walked through the halls full of students who were not so desperate to get to their classes.

He cursed the too and for a moment he thought Jongdae was right to call him Satan, although he was pretty sure it had to do with his family because poor Luhan turned out a bit...weird.

He smiled at his own thoughts but the smile was gone the moment his eyes fell upon a sweaty Kim Jongin that was making his way out of the dance classroom.

His forehead was shining with little drops of sweat and his hair was sticking at it.

He looked hot and that made Kyungsoo even angrier with the other. The senior stomped past the other and finally reached his classroom, his mood dropping immensely.

Apparently not enough, because as soon as the lesson was about to start Kim ing Jongin entered the classroom.

And Kyungsoo stood abruptly from his seat which made a screeching sound. The professor looked at him with a frowning expression but quickly turned back to the intruder and smiled.

"Well, Jongin will be joining us in this class since he already cover the other maths. Take care of this kid, he's really smart," Mr. Cho said patting the junior's shoulder.

"You can sit besides Do Kyungsoo, right there," as Kyungsoo saw the annoying smirk walk towards him; he definitely cursed Jongin's stupid high IQ.

I should sell my curses.

"Hi, hyung," Jongin smirked at him as he sat down, staring at the still standing Kyungsoo.

Jongin felt really accomplished with himself as he looked at his hyung squirming uncomfortably in the seat besides him. He just loved every reaction he got from Kyungsoo.

The elder left the classroom as soon as Mr. Cho dismissed the class and Jongin didn't even get a chance to say something else, but he figured he still had an entire year to make the elder's life a misery.

Yup, definitely accomplished.

When he reached the cafeteria later, Jongin found Tao and Sehun sitting at their usual table. The boys were arguing about something or the other and Jongin wondered why they weren't going out.

Never mind that, the tanned boy dismissed the thought. He ing loved the other's stupid boyfriends. Even if it was Luhan we were talking about. Stupid, stupid, stupid-"Yeah, I offered to help Luhan move his stuff to his apartment with Minseok,"- brilliant, beautiful, Luhan.

"Oh, really? Do you need me to drop you at his house later?" Jongin asked sweetly.

And when Sehun nodded enthusiastically, Jongin knew it. He really loved their stupid boyfriends.

"Yah, Jongdae, that bruise is really nasty. He's getting too bold, you do know I'm Kyungsoo belt, right? Better than a black belt," Kyungsoo muttered as he looked at an eating Jongdae.

"Come live with me, Dae Dae," Baekhyun added, "I'll be your knight in shining armor."

He threw his hand over his head in a dramatic gestured.

"Yah! You can't be more of a , how can you be my knight, princess Baek?" Jongdae said laughing and realized his friends had cheered him up again. "And Kyungsoo, you're more of a Satan belt."

They pulled through the day and finally met up again for the first meeting of the music club.

“I hope this doesn’t take too long, I have an appointment and my mom wasn’t very happy with the fact that I came here today instead of hurrying to the appointment, but” Baekhyun looked at his friend with a sort of guilty expression, “I suppose they’re just trying to please me in every way they can.”

Kyungsoo and Jongdae nodded and hugged their friend, “It’s okay, let’s hurry and get this over with, then.”

Once they were inside the music classroom, they took their seats and watched some of the other students that had attended. There was Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin, and Kyuhyun, Changmin, Donghae and Yesung. There were also some girls like Taeyeon, Tiffany, Ailee and some other girls that Kyungsoo had seen but didn’t know.

Kyungsoo knew some of them could sing but he had never heard them.

Mr. Kim suggested that each one of them should sing so that he’d get to know each of their voices and so would every one in the club. So that’s what they did. Each one of them sang their favorite songs in front of the classroom.

Ailee sang “I Will Show You,” Kyuhyun sang “7 Years of Love,” and Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Jongdae decided to sing “Miracles in December.”

They were the last ones to sing and they found it easy to sing together. After all, they had been doing it since forever.

Joonmyeon was amazed at how Kyungsoo’s, Baekhyun’s and Jongdae’s voices sounded together and individually. They were really talented, but for some reason, he couldn’t keep his eyes away from Jongdae.

His voice was something else, the emotion he put into each word, into each note. He looked so different from the kid that was late to every class, but somehow he looked the same. And he was beautiful.

Joonmyeon almost didn’t notice that the song had finished and when he did, he cleared his throat and applauded them just as he did with every other student.

They coordinated their next meeting and everyone was good to go. Except, Joonmyeon thought he was crazy as he called Jongdae and asked him to stay back.

He knew it was a bad idea the moment his student looked and him with an amused expression and walked towards him moving his hips in a sensual way.

The professor found himself clearing his throat once again. He figured he need to be mature bout the situation.

“I think we need to discuss what happened the other day,” he sighed as he sat down in his seat.

“You should know that what happened was an accident that won’t be repeated and it only happened because I was drunk; however, I feel like I should apologize since I’m the adult here, which brings up the question of what were you doing at a college party?”

He felt the need to take a deep breath after saying all that but found out he couldn’t really breathe after all when Jongdae laughed.

“Oh, please Joonmyeon, you’re not even an adult yet,” the student smirked as he walked around the table and towards the teacher.

“It’s Mr. Kim for you Jongdae,” Joonmeyon said slightly annoyed at the younger boy.

“I like how my name sounds when it comes out of that pretty mouth of yours, Mr. Kim,” Joonmyeon felt himself shiver at those words and quickly scolded himself for being aroused.

“Jongdae!” He pushed the younger boy when the latter tried to touch his face, but the student fell back to the floor.

“Are you okay?” The teacher stood up from his seat to help the boy up and his eyes fell upon the yellowish bruise on his cheek.

“Did something happen after I left the party?”

Jongdae scoffed and his eyes instantly lost the mischievous glint they had before, “No.”

When Joonmyeon was left alone in his classroom, he felt a mix of guilt, confusion, curiosity and ual frustration.

Group message

To:Krishoe, Psycho Deer, Minseok hyung

Oh God, I need to get laid…

 

From: Krishoe

Yes, we all know it

 

From: Minseok hyung

I DON’T NEED TO KNOW THIS…but yes

 

From: Psycho Deer

JUST GET LAID AND PUT US OUT OF THIS MISEY!!!!!!!!

 

He had such great friends.

-

Kyungsoo decided to take the bus home because he knew everyone in his house was busy with packing all of Luhan’s belongings. The boy was mentally preparing to see Sehun at his house.

It was really weird for Kyungsoo to be around the other, Jongin’s best friend. It’s not like he hated the younger, but it was a bit uncomfortable when he saw the younger being clingy to his older brother.

Not to mention the fact that Minseok would be at his house too and it would be his and Sehun’s first meeting.

Kyungsoo could feel a headache coming.

"Get out of my house!!!" Was the first thing Kyungsoo heard as soon as he was in front of his house. Luhan yelled some more and Kyungsoo sighed as he opened the front door, but the sight that greeted him was his worst nightmare.

"Oh no, no, no. No. No. No."

"What's going on here?" His parents came running to the living room where a guilty Sehun, crazy Luhan, angry Kyungsoo, judging Minseok and smirking Jongin where.

"Oh, hi Sehunnie, Jongin, it's been so long. Oh, baby, did you just get here? How was school?" His mom talked with a smile on his face.

"Umma, tell him to leave," Luhan whined to his mother pointing at Jongin.

"Now, I haven't seen him in too long and I'm sure he just wants to help so please, let's just do it quietly, yes?" His father said sighing and looking at Minseok shaking his head. He soon realized his mistake when Kyungsoo groaned and shot him a glare before heading up to his room.

Minseok quickly followed him.

"Wait, Baozi! I want you to meet Sehun," but Minseok was already out of sight.

Sehun frowned at this. He was actually excited to meet the elder, but it didn't seem like the feeling was mutual.

Some time later, Minseok decided to go and meet Sehun. He seemed like a nice kid, but Minseok didn't feel like he could meet the other. He felt too guilty for harboring the feelings he had for Luhan. Even though he would never do something about them, it felt wrong to look at the younger when he was in love with his boyfriend.

Well, the sooner the better.

-

Some time later, Kyungsoo’s parents left with Luhan, Minseok and Sehun to take his stuff.

Kyungsoo just nodded and bid them goodbye. He turned around to see Jongin on the family’s couch watching some show.

Sighing, the elder sat besides the taller. “Wanna watch?” The tanned boy askedm but Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

“Shut up.”

Nonetheless, they sat there watching the show and laughing together.

It was not Pororo.

-

After helping Luhan with his stuff, everyone was beat.

Sehun felt kind of excited because maybe now he could spend some time alone with Luhan now that he’d be on his own place.

He was also excited because Minseok was actually a really nice and cool hyung. He bought him bubble tea and told him stories about Luhan. He also teased his boyfriend and when was it not fun to see Luhan whining?

Sehun smiled. He finally got to meet his boyfriend’s best friend and couldn’t help but see that they were really a good match. They were practically made in heave.

But that didn’t bother Sehun at all.

-

Yixing felt tired. He thought for a moment that maybe he shouldn’t have had taken summer classes. It was already late and he wanted to go home, but he couldn’t even walk properly so he just walked through the aisles of the library until he reached the back of the building.

He just needed a power nap before heading home.

He just dropped his backpack and sat with his back to the wall and closed his eyes.

“Excuse me, aren’t you uncomfortable?” A voice startled him and he opened his eyes for a moment to see Yifan, the boy from his literature class form last semester, sitting besides him.

How didn’t he notice him there before? He couldn’t register anything, really. He was too tired.

Yixing smiled and nodded before closing his eyes again.

Yifan frowned at the boy who fell asleep after only offering him a smile and were those dimples?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN// I hope you enjoy this chapter. I feel like this is being too suchen centric, but idk. Please comment and let me know what you think!