Chapter three

The Misconceptions of Us

Yixing was really the nicest person in the world. Tao had no doubt about it. He was about the kindest, most selfless being that existed. Really. So Tao didn’t understand why his brother didn’t have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Now that he thought about it, he didn’t even know if his brother liked boys or girls because he had never dated.

When Kris picked him up for their date, Tao had been thinking about this and he came up with a brilliant plan.

“Gege,” Tao pouted cutely as he put on his seatbelt, “do you have any hot and single friends?”

Kris shot him a weird look, “Okay, first of all,” he said while starting the car, “don’t pout, you look too y today to even pull cute and second of all, why are you asking me this?”

The younger boy’s face flushed a little, but he smirked nonetheless, “I want to set up my brother because he’s never dated anyone and I mean, I’m younger than him but I am dating you and I don’t know what’s his problem.” He huffed and frowned.

Kris chuckle at this and pinched his cheek finally driving away from the younger’s house. “I do have a single friend, but he’s not really hot.”

Tao seemed to consider this for a second, “It’s worth a shot but Yixing is too pretty so please tell me he’s not ugly at least.”

“He is not,” Kris smiled softly and amusedly but then curiosity settled, he hadn’t met Yixing and he kind of wanted to because from what he had heard from Tao, the other was his age and attended the same college as him.

He wondered if he’d seen him on the hallways or if he took any classes with the other, but most of all, he wondered if the other would approve of him since this was his younger brother they were talking about and to be honest, Tao was really young.

For now, it didn’t matter.

He just focused on how y Tao looked and wondered if maybe they should go clubbing because that outfit was seriously too hot to be wasted at the movies. He groaned when he remembered that Tao was too young to go clubbing.

Besides, he didn’t want anyone checking him out so no, the movies it was.

He took the younger’s hand on his as he kept driving and listen to everything the other was saying.

He was talking about his first day at school and how annoying it had been. He also asked about Minseok, which was weird since he hadn’t even mentioned Minseok to him but he figured it had to do with his best friend ditching Tao’s best friend in order to pick up his own best friend from the airport.

Even in his head that sounded confusing but yeah. It probably had to do with Luhan ditching Sehun in order to fetch Minseok at the airport.

When they got to the movies, he took a moment to text Joonmyeon.

To: Joonannoying

Dude, Tao wants to set you up with his brother!!

 

From: Krishoe

What? is crazy, I tell you. What was his brother’s name again?

 

To: Joonannoying

Don’t call him that!! I ing told you already and his name is Yixing

 

From: Krishoe

WHAT HUANG YIXING? Sure, set me up…IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A DATE WITH HIM BUT HE KEEPS TURNING ME DOWN!! I don’t think I have a chance

 

Joonmyeon received no answer so he just stared at his phone with a bitter smile and then scoffed. “Yeah, right, a date with Huang Yixing.”

He knew the guy because he took some classes with him and since the first day he had found him beautiful.

Once he got to meet him, he also found out that other is really nice and intelligent and they started being good friends. They talk from time to time and hang out sometimes, but not too much. The other is very quite and reserved, but that makes Joonmyeon like him even more.

He had asked him out a couple of times but the other just smiles at him and tells him that maybe some other time.

It’s hard to hate the guy because he’s just too nice about it, so Joonmyeon tries from time to time, but it’s not like he’s in love with Yixing or anything so whatever.

However, Yixing does fit his ideal type not like some stupid punk who is loud, obnoxious, smug and y like Kim Jongdae.

For ’s sake what was he thinking, the boy was at least 3 years younger than him, but Joonmyeon couldn’t help but thinking about his and the way the other basically robbed it in his face.

And it was true; the other had a nice . A really nice one. But if was his eyes what had Joonmyeon thinking about him all night and he realized he needed to get laid and soon.

Joonmyeon really hated spoiled brats like him and it had nothing to do with personal experience, nu uh.

His mind went back for a bit to Yixing and he prayed that he actually got a date with the other. He remembered he’d seen Yixing hanging out with Minseok a few times and wondered if he could ask the elder to help him out.

-

Minseok was looking around for Luhan but couldn’t see him in the sea of people that were crowding the exit. His suitcase was too big and full and he was tired. He just wanted to see the younger and hug. He needed to feel his scent around him. He’d miss him so ing much.

Suddenly he felt a warm pair of hand hug him from behind and he wasn’t even scared for a moment because he could recognize any and every part of Luhan anywhere. That’s how much he loved the other.

“I missed you so much, baozi,” he almost whispered it into his ear and Minseok shivered. He didn’t want to leave that embrace, but he did. He turned around with a big smile on his face.

“Lu-ge,” he smiled and properly hugged the younger this time, “I missed you too.”

Luhan offered him a goofy grin and took his suitcase for him. They walked in silence to the car.

There was not much to talk about, really.

They had been in contact the whole summer and Minseok had told him everything. Luhan was the only one that was hiding some information from the elder, but he couldn’t find a way to tell him through his nerves.

When they reached the car, a big deer plushie was waiting for him in the passenger’s seat and Minseok’s heart did somersaults and had freaking fireworks exploding there. It was a nice party that his heart and stomach were having.

He swears they look like a couple and act like a couple so no one can blame him for falling for the other, not when Luhan is looking at him with a silly smile.

“I got this for you so that whenever you leave again for a summer internship or just to visit your parents, you take him with you and don’t forget about me,” he pouted then, “I mean, I’m not a ing deer cuz I’m manly, but only for you.”

He then threw a wink at the other.

-

Kyungsoo was lying down on his bed waiting for Luhan and Minseok to get home. He looked at his phone to see he had some notifications on his story.

Yes, he wrote fanfiction, okay? Don’t judge him, it was Baekhyun’s fault.

It all started because that crazy boy needed some better stories about his favorite ships and given the circumstances Baekhyun was living, Kyungsoo only wanted to make his best friend happy as the other had done for him many times.

Username: hotford.o

I feel like I can relate so much to this story, something similar happened to me. Anyways, I love your story

D.O. please marry me <3

 

Kyungsoo chuckles at this comment. His readers are really beautiful and always make him smile. Even if he started writing for Baekhyun, he can’t deny he enjoys it.

 

Reply: Thank you haha I really like your nickname, so sure…I’ll marry you :*

That’s funny you can relate to my story. I actually based it on my own experience

 

Kyungsoo didn’t think the other was going to reply, but not even a minute passed when his phone ringed.

 

Reply: I mean, I did something like that to someone, but I’m sorry you had to go through that. He’s such an !! I mean, for someone so hot as him…anyways…you said you’d marry me, right? (:

 

Reply: Sure (^.^) but hey! You shouldn’t do stuff like that, you could really hurt someone’s feelings

 

Kyungsoo smiled again until he realized something… “Wait,” he scrolls back to the last reply, suspicion in his eyes.

 

Reply: How did you know it was a he? And what do you mean hot?

 

He waited for a reply but none came, instead, after a few minutes, his phone ringed again but this time it was a message from Kim Jongin the devil himself.

 

From: Kim Devil-in -.-‘

This is how I know, he’s hot

Attachment.1 (a picture of his abs)

And this is how I know you’ll marry this hot stuff that broke your heart

Attachment.2

The er sent him a screenshot of his previous conversation with the reader.\

“You’ve got to be ing kidding me!!!! Ugh, I hate him!”

Kyungsoo pulled his hair in frustration. Kim Jongin was such an .

The boy decided to call Jongdae to rant about what had just happened and obviously the other laughed at him.

“Hyung, you two like each other so much, it’s stupid,” Jongdae said, “I mean, he pulls at your hair and you whine but just let him. Both of you are so immature, it’s cute and amusing.”

“What?” Kyungsoo said offended, “That’s not true and you know it, why is Luhan the only one that understands?”

“Uh, because he’s your overprotective older brother?” Jongdae asked as if it were the most obvious thing.

“Are you saying he’s biased?” Kyungsoo asked glaring daggers at the floor.

“I can feel your death glare Satan, but yeah, that’s what I mean,” Jongdae said shrugging his shoulders and his only answer was a beep. Kyungsoo hung up on him. He just laughed it off.

Kyungsoo would always be in love with Kim Jongin, but he just couldn’t admit it and it was okay. He was transparent anyways.

As soon as he hung up, he heard his father’s car engine and groaned. Before his father could call him, he just grabbed his phone and wallet and slipped through his bedroom’s window. He figured he could get punished later.

The punishment would be there anyways so no need to hurry.

He was gonna get wasted.

-

Jongin was laughing so hard it was annoying the heck out of Sehun.

“Kim Jongin, I’m trying to watch a movie so shut the up,” Sehun said through gritted teeth as he threw a pillow at the other.

“No, you’re moping,” Jongin looked up from his phone waiting for Kyungsoo’s reply which turned out to be a simple ‘I hate you,’ so he frowned.

But he decided to give it a rest for the day. Instead, he looked at his best friend.

“You’re moping because Luhan ditched you,” Sehun only scoffed in response, “I told you he’s an .”

“Don’t call him that,” Sehun rolled his eyes and genuinely looked annoyed, “he’s with his best friend so it’s okay.”

“You say it’s okay but you don’t feel okay,” Jongin pointed out.

“It’s just that I’ve never met this guy and Luhan’s eyes basically shine whenever he talks about him, but whatever, I’m actually excited to meet Minseok,” the younger boy smiled, “I’m being stupid because I miss Luhan and haven’t seen him for almost a week.”

-

Minseok was being crushed by hugs from Luhan’s parents and Kyungsoo; he loved it. This was his second family and he just loved every part of it.

The food smelled delicious and he felt happy.

Luhan’s parents asked him all about his summer and he gladly told them.

“Oh, Luhan has some news to share with you,” Luhan’s mother smiled encouragingly at Luhan and excitedly at him, “tell him the first, son.”

“You’re getting a new roommate,” he said smiling that silly smile of his and it took Minseok a moment to get the message, but when he did, he screamed and hugged the younger.

“I can’t believe, is this for real?” He couldn’t believe it; his dreams were coming true.

“Wait,” he stopped for a moment, still smiling, “what’s the other?”

“Oh,” Minseok watched as Luhan visibly tensed and struggled with his words, he could basically see the sweat forming on his forehead and Minseok grew worried because what could the other possibly want to say that was so difficult.

“I have a boyfriend…” He finally sighed and Minseok felt as he’d been stabbed. He couldn’t breathe and he couldn’t think so he just stood up and his chair screeched. His food didn’t look appetizing anymore and he could actually feel nausea.

Hot tears were forming in his eyes and he could feel his face getting hotter. Without a word he walked to the bathroom.

When he got out, Luhan was waiting outside and the elder realized he hadn’t even heard them calling his name because he was too shocked. At the end of the hall he could make out Kyungsoo’s figure and the younger sent him a worried look.

Kyungsoo was the only one that knew and not because the elder told him but because it was so painfully obvious, but Luhan was the most oblivious person in the world.

He heard a sniffle and finally looked at Luhan, his eyes were puffy and his nose was red, “Hyung, I didn’t mean to disappoint you, really,” Luhan never called him hyung, “I know you and I always talk about girls and everything but I swear I didn’t know I liked boys, hyung.”

Yup. He was the most oblivious person on Earth.

But it broke his heart.

“What the are you saying?” Minseok snapped. “Are you really that stupid?” He yelled and he didn’t care that Luhan’s parents were there.

“How could you think I’d love you any less just because you have a boyfriend, you stupid boy?” Now Minseok was really crying and hitting Luhan’s chest desperately.

The younger widened his eyes and simply took the other by the arm and pulled him into his chest, hugging him tightly.

“I love you, stupid,” Minseok whispered into his chest, “I’m sorry, I was just shocked that you didn’t tell me before, but I love you so much.”

Minseok said it with such a desperate love and he knew Luhan wouldn’t understand it, but it felt good to finally say it with the real meaning, without ending the sentence with “you’re my best friend.”

Now, he’d really have to stop this delusion he had about him and Luhan.

And in that moment in the hall where both parents were eavesdropping, Luhan’s mother and Kyungsoo’s dad realized it; Minseok was really in love with their son.

-

Joonmyeon wasn’t one to go to parties but he was all alone in his apartment and he really did need to get his mind off his college crush and his stupid student, so that’s how you explain what he’s doing at a college party.

He’d been watching a guy dance around for some minutes, giving some kissed away at random men. Taking a sip of his beer, Joonmyeon figured, why the heck no?

He went up to the guy and put his hand on the other’s hips, grinding on his . It was dark and the alcohol already blurred his vision. It was obvious his dance partner was drunk too so it was no wonder that they ended up grinding on each other on a wall.

Joonmyeon was pinned to the wall while the other guy robbed himself on him. They guys forehead was almost touching the wall behind Joonmyeon even when the guy was a little shorter than Joonmyeon. He hadn’t seen his face and it didn’t matter because he was too distracted by the panting on his ear.

However, the guy put a little distance between them and was about to kiss them when Joonmyeon got a glimpse of those eyes.

“You.”

Jongdae had always liked getting in trouble so that’s how you explain what he was doing at a college party.

He smirked at the elder and was about to say something when his legs gave in and he fell into the other’s arms.

Joonmyeon thought he was really ed.

This couldn’t be happening to him. God, this was his student. Too confused and panicked by the situation, he just went back to his apartment when he made sure the other could at least walk.

He felt even more confused Monday morning when his student came to the classroom sporting a nasty bruise on his cheek.

Why did Joonmyeon feel scared and guilty?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN// It's been so long since I last updated, I'm really sorry. Anyways, thank you for subscribing, please do comment and let me know what you think.