Chapter one

The Misconceptions of Us

Jongdae was late. Oh, he was so ing late, which is precisely what you don't particularly want to be on your first day of school...unless you're Kim Jongdae.

 

He doesn't particularly care about school. Not really. His future is all mapped out for him, so school doesn't mean much to him. 

 

However, his disinterest doesn't have anything to do with him being late. His father, his successful, rich, handsome and cruel father arrived earlier in the morning from his summer trip and let's just say, they had a long chat.

 

Jongdae knows he'll get detention and he's already internally groaning as he walks slowly through the halls. Kyungsoo will kill him, that much he knows. The elder hates it when he gets detention because then no one can really get Kai to leave him alone. There's always Baekhyun, but he doesn't have the vocation...he's too damn positive.

 

As Jongdae gets near the music classroom he only hopes his new teacher is nice. They say he's only 20 so he hopes the boy remembers how much high schoolers hate high school and doesn't give him detention. After all, it'd be cruel for Kyungsoo.

 

"Oh," is the first thing he hears when he enters the room, "I suppose you're Kim Jongdae."

 

The boy's greeted with an unfamiliar face that doesn't seem to belong in the room. The man is weird.

 

He's handsome, there's no doubt about that. His hair is perfectly styled and his glasses frame his face in a nice way. He looks almost angelic, but he also seems like the kind of guy who was sort of nerdy during high school. When Jongdae finally sees his clothes, he realizes that the man must be his professor. Remembering the earlier statement, Jongdae nods and his professor smiles a sweet smile.

 

He's cute. 

 

"Glad to be honored by your presence this fine morning Mr. Kim. You've got yourself into detention."

 

And Jongdae only smirked because detention didn’t sound so bad after all. At least not for him. Poor Kyungsoo. It seemed like the year wouldn't be as bad as Jongdae thought in the morning, especially if he'd spend some time with the professor that taught his favorite matter.

 

Kyungsoo saw that smirk and he ing knew what it meant. 

 

Jongdae sat on the seat besides his best friend only to receive a glare from the other. “Why the are you late?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were incredibly wide as he spoke. They always did that when he was mad and when he was sad, when he was happy too and also when he was indifferent and well, you get it. Jongdae held a certain fascination for Kyungsoo’s eyes and it went all the way back to the first time they met, but that’s a story for later.

 

“I swear you do it just to torture me.”

 

Jongdae only blew a kiss to the elder. He always did that, but it never really worked on Kyungsoo and it definitely didn’t work on Baekhyun. Actually where was Baekhyun?

-

Baekhyun was a nice guy. He really was.

Sometimes he was too intense and passionate about girl groups and eyeliner, but he was a nice guy and a loyal friend.

Baekhyun had perfect grades, good friends and a nice family. Actually, Byun Baekhyun was probably the perfect boy, but he was too…cute, positive, happy.

The new professor, Kim Joonmyun was really nice so he had let him go to the bathroom even though it was first period, although Baekhyun was pretty sure it had to do with his eye smile.

He’s not stupid. He knows he’s cute.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going,” Baekhyun had been too distracted thinking about his cuteness to watch where he was going. In his defense, the other guy must have been distracted too because otherwise he could’ve avoided him.

“I’m sorry,” he didn’t even worry about who the other person was, but he made sure to bow out of respect.

“You’re so ing stupid,” however, Baekhyun did recognize that voice.

“Chanyeol!” He beamed and threw himself towards Chanyeol, hugging him tightly. “How was your summer? You got taller!”

Baekhyun kept babbling until he was pushed to the floor.

“Don’t touch me, you ,” he turned around and left.

“It was nice seeing you!” But Baekhyun couldn’t be bothered by any of it, he was too cool for that.

-

 

The rest of the morning went by without anything interesting for Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. 

 

It was a pretty much uneventful day for everyone in school, actually. At lunch Sehun and Tao were sitting together on a far away table just the two of them. They had spent the last half hour talking about Tao’s outfit for the night.

 

“I don’t understand why classes started on a Friday,” Tao frowned deeply from his sit as he took a bite of his sandwich, “I mean, I don’t mind since I have a date with Kris later but yeah.”

 

“Ugh, shut up about the stupid date already,” Sehun groaned and rolled his eyes at the elder, “Luhan is busy today so I won’t see him.”

 

“What’s he doing today?” Tao asked with his mouth full. 

 

“He said he’d pick up his best friend at the airport,” Sehun said distractedly. He wanted to meet Kim Minseok since Luhan almost talked his ears off; he just wouldn’t shut up about the boy. 

 

Kim Minseok seemed nice and really important for Luhan.

 

“Oh,” the other whispered as he took his phone out of his pocket, “I thought Kris was his best friend.”

 

“Yeah, but he’s not Minseok,” Sehun laughed as he saw Tao scrunch up his nose, “his words, not mine."

 

“Omo, Kris gege sent me a picture of a Gucci bag. He better buy it for me if he dared show it to me.” 

-

This was Kai’s moment to shine. Classes had ended and he could finally see Kyungsoo’s figure walking out of his classroom with Jongdae and Baekhyun.

The day was finally over and Kyungsoo had avoided Kai like a pro. Well, his entire life was about avoiding Kai.

“Oh , there he is,” Kyungsoo saw Kai at the end of the hallway, “I hate his guts.”

“Oh , Kyungsoo, he looks sort of handsome. He has surely grown,” Jongdae observed from his spot and Baekhyun just nodded besides him.

“Jongdae, don’t you have detention to attend too?” Kyungsoo glared at the younger boy annoyed with his observation.

“Hmm, you’re right,” Jongdae smirked, “I have to go seduce Mr. Kim.”

“Yah! Kim Jongdae,” Baekhyun smacked him on the head, “you’re such a .”

“I know,” he winked, “but hey, have you guys ever noticed we’re like the Secret Society of Bottoms?”

“Yah!” Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun screamed at the boy, but he only giggled and ran away from his best friends yelling something along the lines, “That’s why you two never worked out.”

“Ugh I hate him as much as I hate stupid Kim Jongin,” Kyungsoo muttered to no one, but Baekhyun kindly answered him.

“You know you love Jongdae and you shouldn’t judge Jongin so harshly,” Baekhyun gave him a million watt smile, “maybe he just wants to be your friend.”

“Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo sighed, “he’s made my life ing impossible and you know it.”

“Yeah, I know,” Baekhyun’s phone started ringing, “, that’s my mom. Gotta go.”

“Ugh!” Kyungsoo groaned, “I’m surrounded by morons.”

He walked on the direction contrary to where Jongin was coming from because he was definitely his worst nightmare. The last years had been enough and Kyungsoo swore this year would be different and he wouldn’t fall into Kim Jongin’s game.

 “Kyungsoo!” He could hear the younger yell in the distance, but he only fastened his pace. He was about to make it. Just twenty more steps before he reached Luhan’s car.

One, two, three, four, five, six-

“Kyungsoo!” Suddenly someone was grabbing his arm and turning him around. “Kyungsoo, baby why are you ignoring me?”

Kai was pouting at him as if he were cute and the elder rolled his eyes as he yanked his arm free, “Leave me alone Jongin. I don’t want to deal with your this year.”

“But baby, I missed you this summer!”

“Well, what can I say? You should move on with your life cuz I already did,” the shorter male said and was ready to leave when Jongin’s voice interrupted his actions.

“Weren’t those the same words I said when I dumped you?” He was smirking as he stared Kyungsoo up and down and Kyungsoo was so ing ready to punch his pretty face.

“Kim Jongin off,” a voice behind Kyungsoo interrupted them both and Kyungsoo had never loved his brother more.

“You piece of trash I don’t want you near my brother,” Luhan said and grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm without sparing another glance at Jongin.

-

Luhan looked at Kyungsoo intensely and worriedly, “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” Kyungsoo said looking out the window of the car, “I’m already too used to this,” he added with a sigh.

“I hate his guts,” Luhan said, fists holding the steering wheel too tightly, “I’d take you to eat ice-cream and then watch Pororo, but I have to pick Minseok up from the airport.”

“It’s okay,” Kyungsoo gave his brother a sweet smile, “I really miss Minseok hyung, but then I remember he’ll be stealing you this year and I suddenly hate him,” the younger laughed.

“He doesn’t even know yet that I’m going to be his roommate, but I’ll tell him today.”

“And you’ll also tell him about Sehun today too, right?” The wide eyed boy asked and his elder brother didn’t notice the sad look in his face, because Kyungsoo knew how hurt Minseok would be, but Luhan was oblivious to it.

“Yeah, that too,” there was a pause and then Luhan finished, “I hope he doesn’t judge me or hate me.”

“I doubt it.”

-

Tao had never been as proud of himself as he was now, standing in front of his full mirror and looking at his reflection. He wore a white v-neck shirt with black skinny jeans that hugged the curve of his making him look extremely hot.

He heard a soft knock on his bedroom’s door as he finished choosing the most fitting earrings for the night. “Come in,” he said sparing one last glance at his reflection and proceeding to sit down on his bed.

Yixing peered from behind the door searching for Tao and only when the latter motioned for him to enter did he walk into the room. “Your date’s downstairs and mom said your curfew is 11:00 p.m.”

“Okay!” Tao smiled and kissed his brother’s cheek as he made his way downstairs. Yixing only sighed as he stared at his brother’s retreating figure. He had yet to meet his brother’s boyfriend, but he was worried because he knew he was his age and Tao was so young…

 

 

 

 


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN// I'm so sorry it took me so long to post a chapter and I'm also deeply sorry because I know it really , but I'll try harder. I didn't check this because I really wanted to post something. Thank you for subscribing and please do leave comments.