Happiness is Home

Love Circle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It was 6.am when I reach home. I work at day and night. Its not that I’m obsessed with work, but working is the only thing I can do for us, me and my siblings. I found Yubi, my sister in the kitchen. It was her routine, cooking breakfast for us.

“Oh unnie, you’ve come? How is your work?” she turned her head to see me.

“Same old.” I shrugged as coming closer to her. “what are you cooking? Is there a thing I can help?”

“Its only fried rice, and you don’t need to help me unnie. You’re tired, you better go wash yourself, I’ll call you when the breakfast is ready.” She adviced.

“Aigoo. This little kid. Are you my mother or what?”

“Stop complaining unnie. Just go, you’re smelly.” She pushed me away from kitchen.

            ****

            After done bathing, I walked to the dining room, Yuho, the youngest, was already sitting on his seat. He smiled brightly upon seeing me.

“Morning noona!” he waved his hands up to me.

“Morning! Why are you so happy huh?” I ruffled his hair so it went messy.

“Yah! You just ruined my hair, it took me an hour for styling it.” He pouted. So cute. He just turned 17 two months ago.

“Are you dating someone? Why so concern about that ugly hair?” I stick out my tongue playfully.

“Don’t you know that I’m the ‘it-boy’ at school?” 

“Yah. Stop being so full of yourself. Finish your breakfast and go to school or else you’ll late again.” Yubi is younger than me, but just like that, she nags to us a lot, and always acts like she’s our mom.

“Again? Do you mean, he were late yesterday?” I glared at Yuho who suddenly focussing on his meal. Yubi just raised her eyebrows while taking her seat beside me. She poured milk on her cereal, since her stomach is very sensitive with spicy or food that hard to digest. She's suffering from severe gastritis, almost every month we had to send her to hospital and she'd stay there for 3 days(at least) or more.

"well, I heard from Seyong that she didn't see him at school yesterday. she thought he was sick so she asked me. I'm assuming that he was late so the teacher punished him all day long?" Yubi said.

"can you not assuming things by your own noona?" Yuho looked mad.

"okay, then, I ask you, where were you yesterday not school?" Yubi didnt want to lose over her brother. Yuho looked away, controlling his face.

"Yuho. tell. me. you know I will find it out anyway."

he sighed before looking at me and Yubi.

“Okay. To tell you the truth, a friend of mine offered me a job after the class is done, and I just take it. It wasn’t a hard job. And yesterday, I need to take my friend’s shift, therefore I didn’t go to school. I’m sorry.” Me and Yubi were shocked, we even said “what?” in unison.

“Who told you to work? Didn’t I say that your job is study only? Is that something hard to do?” I raised my voice. Well, he pissed me off. I never ask my siblings to work. I want them to live like normal teenagers, go to school, play with their friends, study. I don’t want them to be like me, when I was in their age, I was occupied with helping our parents to work after school, thus I didn’t have any friends and fun. “You can go play with your friends if you’re bored.”

“Noona,Its not that I’m bored… I…just, really want to do something...... for you.”

“If skipping class is something that you want to do, its obviously not impress me!”

“Unnie…” Yubi on my left side rubbing my arms, I know she was worried. Yuho just lowerred his head in guilty.

“Did I give you not enough money? Is everything that I do not enough?”

“No… its not what I mean…”

“Then what??” Yuho looked back into my eyes before shook his head and stood up.

“Don’t you realize it noona? You’re so selfish. You always do everything for us but you never let us do something for you. You work at day and night but you tell us to sleep. You oftenly skip your meals but you always remind us to eat properly. Its not fair, you know?”

“What is not fair? I have to do that because I’m the oldest, you both are my responsibility.”

“Yes…you always say that. And you know what? I’m so sick of that.” He walked to the door.

“Kim Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter