002. Crash Landing In His Bathroom

Destiny In Disguise [HIATUS]

A/N: Because our first chapter was so short, we thought we would whack up an extra long chapter to make up for it. THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO VIEWED AND SUBSCRIBED! :D We really hope we would... get some... comments... though. C'MON. LOL. Lots and lots of readers motivate us to write more 8) Anyway, yeah, LOVE YOU ALL! Oh and LOLOLOLOLOL KEYYYYYYYYYYY.

 

✰✰✰

 

??? :

 

The door swung open, revealing a tall figure. His hair was ruffled and a goldish brown. It looked unnatural in the sunlight, and so I supposed it was dyed. As he took a step closer, I also noticed what he was wearing. He had a white t-shirt on, which hugged loosely onto his thin figure, with a creased leather jacket in his arms, as though he was ready to leave the house. His skinny jeans, which were silver and nothing like I had ever seen before, also matched well with his green canvas shoes.

So this was Kim Jonghyun, I thought.

“You’re finally awake?” He asked, looking into my eyes.

I couldn’t find the words to explain how I was feeling, and so I returned to exploring his features in depth.

“Do you really–”

But his words immediately turned into slur the moment he opened that mouth of his, and all I could do was focus on his face. He wasn’t usually my type of guy, but boy was he gorgeous. I meant, really. His eyes were big and mesmerising like the moon–

“YAAA, are you even listening to me!?”

My eyes widened.

 

K e y :

 

She looked at me, clueless again. Aish. Whenever I opened my mouth to speak, she would just stare. I know I’m good looking, but seriously!? I waved my arms in front of her, and when I didn’t get a response and realised how stupid it had made me look, I stopped. If she was just trying to waste my precious time, that was totally not cool.

My.

Precious.

Amazing.

Time.

That I could be using to style my hair– Oh, and there she went again, mouth slightly opened and eyes fixed on me, interrupting my thoughts. It was frustrating, but I knew I couldn’t try anything. She was injured, wasn’t she?

“Don’t you remember anything?” I continued, urging for an answer.

 

-Flashback to previous night-

 

Kim Jonghyun was out again. To “clear his mind from school”. Psh. What did he ever do in school but hang around the girls and sleep in his classes? So, being the forever lonely roommate I was, I thought I could go rest and sleep early. A growing boy needed his beauty sleep, you know.  What part of that did Jonghyun not understand?

I laid my head on the pillow, spreading the blanket around me. I put the face mask that had been waiting to go on my beautiful face ever since, and rested in that position until the effect had come off. Jonghyun wished he could be as handsome as me, but nooooo, he wasn’t here to enjoy this with me. So hah!

I was saved from sleeping with my face mask on when I heard something. Hearing a loud crash coming from outside of my bedroom, I immediately thought it was Jonghyun. My eyes shut tightly. I didn’t want to see Jonghyun’s hideous face, nor his midget genes– Okay, I should probably refrain from criticising and just block him out completely now. But yes, that would teach him to ever dare sneak in and out in the middle of the night ever again, as if the apartment was his alone.

However, the expected didn’t come, and the apartment became quiet. Too quiet. If it was Jonghyun, I was almost sure the first thing I’d hear was the humming of his voice, and then the bathroom lights turning on. I waited for all that to happen, but zilch.

MAYBE, IT WAS A BURGLAR?

OR A MURDERER?

A !!??

I sat up immediately and the face mask slid off my face. What a waste, I thought, but there were certainly more important things to worry about right now, a.k.a. my life. Lovely. I jumped out of bed and searched around for a baseball bat, or lamp, or anything, but my rummage was stopped short when I heard a feminine squeal coming from the bathroom.

“That’s strange, I didn’t know…”

HOLD UP.

JONGHYUN–

BROUGHT–

A–

GIRL–

HOME!?

AND WHAT WAS HE DOING IN THE BATHROOM WITH HER?

At the thought, shock plastered itself on my face. It kept my mouth from swinging down, but it wasn’t going to keep me from building up my courage to run Jonghyun down. Hence, I abandoned my plan of searching for a weapon, and instead picked up my pace and forced myself past the boundary of my room, disregarding my doraemon slippers that greeted me at my door.

The light to the bathroom wasn’t even on.

I gulped and took a few breaths before continuing past the living room… and then the kitchen… When I made it to the bathroom, I pushed myself flat against the wall, arms outstretched like I was some sort of artwork on display.  I was close enough to see through the crack the door was making with the door frame, except it was too dark to actually discern anything.

Then, I heard something move in the bathroom, and I froze.

“Jonghyun… hyung…?”

I placed one ear on the door to make sure I wasn’t… well… disturbing anyone. No reply. Slowly placing my clammy hands onto the doorknob, I turned it, pushed it, adding, “You know you could always ring the door bell if you forget your keys…” in case Jonghyun would turn into some beast and jump on me when I entered.

But no, he didn’t. In fact, there was no one I saw. Everything was the way I had left it before going to bed. Puzzled, I began to make my way out of the bathroom. On my way out, however, I stopped by the mirror to check myself out one last time. Who could resist that beautiful face?

“Well well, who do we have here,” I said, speaking to the stunning person I was facing in the reflection of my bathroom mirror. I reached over to my right and the light to get a better view of my skin– And that was when my eyes fixed on a wretched figure that I hadn’t captured earlier with shoulder-length, brown hair all over her face. In my bathtub.

The first thing I thought was… the Grudge was in my house..

"OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. WHAT ARE YOU WHO ARE YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I squirmed, turning around, covering my eyes, and then flailing my body back and forth.

I thought I was going to faint.

However, I stopped when the figure didn’t say anything. She didn’t look like she was going to eat me up or anything, so I slowly loosened the fingers that covered my eyes, just enough to leave a gap through which I examined her features in detail. She had her left arm across her right, head down. Her back was hunched and she was breathing unstably. She was injured…

 

-End of flashback-

 

??? :

 

More silence.

“You don’t remember? At all!?” He looked me in the eye in disbelief, like I was some thief that had broken into his house. Or was I?

He continued, desperately searching for a topic that would trigger my memory. “Not even a name? Address? School? Or– or– your family!?”

I shook my head, indicating to him that it was pointless to go on at the moment.

He sighed, and then turned around to leave.

“Where… are you going?” It was the first thing I said all morning, and I realised what a charming voice I had.

He seemed shocked that I spoke. Then, after a few short seconds, he came closer and I watched as he rummaged the bedside table top for his mobile phone. He found it and brought it to his face, reading the time carefully on the screen and at the same time using it as a mirror, styling his hair. “School starts in fifteen minutes, so I’ll be back soon, okay? Just don’t–uhh–eat all the ramen in the apartment or anything–”

“I’m going with you.”

He stopped pulling at his fringe, and just looked at me like I was some weirdo. Again. Except this time he looked even more confused than the last.

 

✰✰✰

 

For the last ten minutes, all I remembered was being locked in the bathroom, forced to dress up like I was being prepared for some beauty contest. While I tidied up, ‘Jonghyun’ guarded by the door and recited me hygiene lessons. Like I cared. So, I ignored him, singing to myself in my head. I slopped on a pair of shorts and a comfortable chequered blazer that he let me borrow, and then stepped out to show him, who was leaning against the wall, arms crossed. His eyes ran me up and down.

“How… do I look?”

He gave me two thumbs up. “Alrightio then, let’s go!”

I didn't know if it was because I was getting too excited or not, but pain shot through my head the moment I took a step. Then, something struck me.

“Choi Seohee…” I whispered, placing my hand on the back of my head to ease the pain.

He turned around, ‘confused’ written all over his face. “Whaaaa?”

“Seohee… I remember now. Seohee is my name.”

 

hyukxin ft. ayshienjulie ©