001. The Dream

Destiny In Disguise [HIATUS]

??? :

 

It was dark. Very dark. All was engulfed in utter black except for the night sky that lingered above, knitted from a network of stars that seemed to shine to its heart’s content. I stared at it, and to be completely blunt, I wasn't sure where I was, or what I was doing. The only thing I felt was silence; and if silence could be heard, then it was deafening. A single thought crossed my mind.

Was it possible that I was... dead?

Then, the sky fell.

I shut my eyes and waited for the impact, but it never came. So I opened them again. In front of me now stood a door that seemed to have warped from void; golden, sturdy, mystical.. but before I could even think about anything else, something cold had started to form in my hands. It was something small and deliberately shaped. Like a key, I thought.

The solid door creaked with a ghastly drone.

Without a second thought, I extended my arm to touch it. To open it, just so I could know what was hiding on the other side. The curiosity was killing me. However, upon reaching it, despite key fitting perfectly into the keyhole, the doorknob did not respond to my request. It was locked. I opened my mouth to speak, scream perhaps, but nothing came out. Distancing itself away from me now, the outline of the door faded until it merged right in with the darkness. The key, also, was thrown into oblivion with it, and when it was lost beyond recovery, a painful ripping reached the back of my head. I stopped as I watched the scene replay in my mind.

Faint silhouettes.

A pair of blue eyes.

Two bodies.

Coated in blood…

And a child. She looked familiar. Too familiar. She was still, and her skin was fair, perfect. Except for the cursed, black butterfly tattoo that had wrapped itself around her right shoulder blade, and the golden rhinestone key that hung from her neck. Tendrils of fear shot through my body when I realised it was the same key I had been holding onto a second ago.

Then, a scream.

Some more blood.

And…

And….

And then I was back in the bedroom.

I opened my eyes almost instantaneously, with beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I panted, waiting for the visions to get out of my head.

When I thought I had calmed down enough, I realised that the room was really white, with the window behind my head, unlike where I had been before this. I turned around with a sore body, and opened the blinds. A stream of sunlight flooded through and immediately I realised it was morning. I laid back on the bed that I was sleeping on, tried to find my comfortable spot again, and then took a moment to take in all my surroundings.

Yes it was a beautiful bedroom, but it wasn’t mine.

My eyes searched around the room again, more carefully this time, though I wasn’t sure what I was looking for. What was I even doing here in the first place? How did I get here? Who was I, and who was the person who owned this bedroom? The more I searched, the more questions I found. And so I sat there, with millions of questions oscillating through my mind; not a single one I found an answer to.

Before these questions were to harass me any further, I decided to concentrate my entirety on something else. I turned my head to the left, a wall. Okay… So I turned my head to the right, and no wall; in the middle of the room there was a desk, with books left to collect dust piled on its surface. Hung up upon the walls I could see a few guitars, a clock that had stopped working and posters withered at their corners. Storage boxes laid to the right of the desk, and engulfed the rest of the space in the little room. Little only because, well... to put things into perspective, the bed was already half the room.

Returning my gaze to the back wall of the room now, I fixed my eyes on one of the labels that hugged itself to the guitar strap, hoping that it would give me some information about where I was. I squinted at the letters, kept trying to read it, until eventually I realised that it was not an address or a date identifier, or anything like that. It was a name.

“Ki…

Kim…

Jong…

hyun…?”

But I still couldn’t quite place it. What was I to do with this name anyway? And no I wasn’t dumb. I could talk, read, understand, but I just couldn’t remember anything else. I was still a perfectly healthy teenager, I thought, just that everything about my past seemed to be… erased.

My name.

My age.

My family.

Everything.

There was an empty hole in my heart, like something was desperately missing, and the longer I sat there the longer I felt it. I tried to search a little more, but I couldn’t find anything.

In the spur of the moment, I brought my knees up to my chin. I wanted to wrap myself up in the blanket and... sleep - maybe that way I could remember more - hoping that the none of this was real, when the door that faced the bed suddenly opened and someone came in.

 

✰✰✰

 

A/N: Sorry to leave you guys hanging, HAHA. Plus just realised how short this chapter was... e___e but do not threat readers, because ayshienjulie and I promise the rest of the chapters will be longer! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLZPLZPLZPLZPZLPZLZ and hope you guys keep reading!

 

hyukxin ft.  ayshienjulie ©